What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chip Kelly (1 Viewer)

Bradford is better than Foles. Sanchez went from a career 55% comp.% to 64% last year. Bradford and Murray ran a very similar offense at OU. I'm pretty sure he knows what he wants to do with this offense.
Bradford is not better that Foles. That is just insane. Can you find any statistical data to back that up? Or are you going on their draft position or what scouting reports said about these guys 5 years ago?
We will find out what Foles is this year not in the same system that even Sanchez can put up good stats. I can promise you you won't see 27 to 2 ratio ever again.
Well yea because it was a top 3 QB rating ever... EVER! We probably never will see that again from Foles or anyone. At least not for a long time.

Bradford is better than Foles. Sanchez went from a career 55% comp.% to 64% last year. Bradford and Murray ran a very similar offense at OU. I'm pretty sure he knows what he wants to do with this offense.
Bradford is not better that Foles. That is just insane. Can you find any statistical data to back that up? Or are you going on their draft position or what scouting reports said about these guys 5 years ago?
These guys don't play in a vacuum.

We'll see what happens. He's definitely made it interesting. I still don't understand how a guy who monitors everything his players eat is fat.

Coeur de Lion said:
Sabertooth said:
To me it seems like Chip thinks he's playing Madden and can just manipulate teams in trades. I think his whole endgame was Mariota, and he got :own3d: .
Is it really that outlandish that he actually just preferred Bradford over Foles? I'm sure he would have loved Mariota, but was smart enough to walk away when the price was too steep. Seems like much ado over nothing re: all of the Eagles' moves this offseason.Murray + Matthews = McCoy (or close enough that Kiko tips it toward an Eagles win)

Bradford = Foles

Maclin is good, but not worth what KC coughed up IMO
The way he has handled the entire looks like he thinks he's playing Madden. Good luck getting guys to play for you who don't respect you.Bradford doesn't equal Foles.
So the players don't respect him because he made a few trades? OK. I'd imagine they're fine with winning 10 games two years in a row vs what happened at the end under Reid, but who knows.And we'll certainly see this year on Bradford vs Foles. Given what he's done with the Philly offense thus far, I'm going with Kelly's opinion on this for now.
No, SOME of the players don't respect him because he's not black, which is just as bad as what they're accusing him of doing. He's cleansing the organization of all the BS we'll never hear about and they can't freaking stand it. I'm happy it's happening. I enjoy an NFL with a salty Philly team. Shady Spice is just pissed he was banished to NFL Siberia.

I would question his actions for sure. Just like I don't trust a skinny chef or a fat personal trainer.
How about a coach in a sport who never played or was bad at the sport?
If he's dishing out nutritional advice while he's mowing though a Krispy Kreme, yeah that's not a guy I'm going to trust.
The nutritional requirements for players vs coaches to excel at their profession is obviously very different.

I would question his actions for sure. Just like I don't trust a skinny chef or a fat personal trainer.
If he's dishing out nutritional advice while he's mowing though a Krispy Kreme, yeah that's not a guy I'm going to trust.
This is some good schtick. McCarthy is a fat boy too no?
Ring

Ring
Which he won in his first two seasons? Cut Chip a little slack. He's not working with Brett Farve or Aaron Rodgers.

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Ring

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Ring
Was he skinny or fat before the ring?

Bradford is much better then foles. Both are/were promising, young qbs. St louis had zero weapons and zero oline.... Foles had lots of weapons and great oline. Like GoBirds says, we will find out nwo that they've swapped systems. I'm confident Bradfords numbers turn out better then Foles'.

Unless they have replaced the turf in Philly. He could tear his knee up again. Philly at one time had the worst field condtions on the league.

Bradford is much better then foles. Both are/were promising, young qbs. St louis had zero weapons and zero oline.... Foles had lots of weapons and great oline. Like GoBirds says, we will find out nwo that they've swapped systems. I'm confident Bradfords numbers turn out better then Foles'.
It's not outside the realm of possibility Sanchez is the week one starter though.

Unless they have replaced the turf in Philly. He could tear his knee up again. Philly at one time had the worst field condtions on the league.
wrong stadium

ETA: I think Bradford is going to destroy Foles' numbers in St Louis this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. Plus we all know Buddy Ryan doesn't really care about his offense, so Bradford is doomed.
Good point. Plus we all know Buddy Ryan doesn't really care about his offense, so Bradford is doomed.
And probably won't see the field as long as Cunningham is healthy.
:lmao:

babydemon90 said:
Deamon said:
It's not outside the realm of possibility Sanchez Tebow is the week one starter though.
About as likely, IMO.

Looking back at the McCoy trade... I think it's obvious that Chip just isn't going to play contract games with his players. "Oh, you're unhappy with the contract you agreed to and making noise a month before the NFL draft? Here, let me help you out with that." Same thing with DeSean Jackson... "Yea, you're not worth that." Maclin? Same.

McCoy looks like an ***hole with his current "racism" comments.

Looking back at the McCoy trade... I think it's obvious that Chip just isn't going to play contract games with his players. "Oh, you're unhappy with the contract you agreed to and making noise a month before the NFL draft? Here, let me help you out with that." Same thing with DeSean Jackson... "Yea, you're not worth that." Maclin? Same.

Jackson and McCoy were both just ashholes

They wanted Maclin and were just outbid

yeah, and I think that the fact that were diligent and restrained from matching Reid's offer is a very good thing. Maclin was great last year but he's not worth what KC paid him.

yeah, and I think that the fact that were diligent and restrained from matching Reid's offer is a very good thing. Maclin was great last year but he's not worth what KC paid him.
Im still undecided on Maclin to be honest. I want to see what this group of WR's does under Chip first.

I agree. Maclin was a great player last year and seems like a great dude but he has an injury history so the likelihood of getting multiple years like last year out of him is not good.

Im still undecided on Maclin to be honest. I want to see what this group of WR's does under Chip first.
I think its the right move. Djax, career year 2013, Maclin Career year 2014, Jordan Matthews best eagles rookie wr season 2014. JMatt could have a career year this season and at a fraction of the cost Maclin was at. Going heap at WR seems to be chips way. Just wonder what happens in 3 seasons with him.

babydemon90 said:
Deamon said:
It's not outside the realm of possibility Sanchez Tebow is the week one starter though.
About as likely, IMO.
Is this sarcasm or does a fbg staff member TRULY believe that Tebow is "as likely" to be the eagles starter week 1 then bradford? :wall:

babydemon90 said:
Deamon said:
About as likely, IMO.
Is this sarcasm or does a fbg staff member TRULY believe that Tebow is "as likely" to be the eagles starter week 1 then bradford? :wall:
It's hard to read stuff that's crossed out, but it says "Sanchez," not "Bradford."

babydemon90 said:
Deamon said:
About as likely, IMO.
It's hard to read stuff that's crossed out, but it says "Sanchez," not "Bradford."
It reads as "it's not outside the realm of possibility that Tebow is the week 1 starter" ... and then "about as likely".... meaning its about as likely that tebow is the week 1 starter (over sanchez and bradford). Hence the confusion.

Snotbubbles said:
"VolBoy" <br /> Congrats. You pass the test. Just seeing if anyone really reads the whole thread while it is going downhill. The keyword s were "at one time". By the way said:
Where have you been for the past 11 years?

Yep, and Chip still looks like a disloyal ahole that none of his players can trust.

How quickly Eagles fans turn. You guys were praising Foles as the second coming before last season. Now he's not even as good as an average qb who hasn't been able to stay healthy for his entire career and really hadn't done #### when he has played. And the best rb in the league per Eagles fans before last season is now an ####### and not worth his contract. So much waffling with Eagles fans. I never liked Desean and he is an ####### but that offense wasn't the same without him. Clear as day

Last edited by a moderator:

How quickly Eagles fans turn. You guys were praising Foles as the second coming before last season. Now he's not even as good as an average qb who hasn't been able to stay healthy for his entire career and really hadn't done #### when he has played. And the best rb in the league per Eagles fans before last season is now an ####### and not worth his contract. So much waffling with Eagles fans. I never liked Desean and he is an ####### but that offense wasn't the same without him. Clear as day
I would have liked to have seen Foles develop in our system and didn't want him to go but do see the potential upside of a former #1 pick in this offense. Nothing against Foles, he is 1st class all the way and hope he does well.

McCoy is acting like a complete D Bag which makes him easier to not miss as well as getting last year's leading rusher to replace him who doesn't seem like as much of a tool. McCoy 2 years ago was a different player and a different ego apparently.

Read the quotes above what you quoted and then tell me what drugs you're on and how much you had to drink tonight.

Yep, and Chip still looks like a disloyal ahole that none of his players can trust.
Disloyal to who? Players he didn't draft but tried to work with anyway? And he's how much more disloyal than any other NFL coach?

Users who are viewing this thread