What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Brown - 2007 Free Agent (1 Viewer)

My initial thoughts are Houston.
There was an interesting thread last week about Chris "MR. proable" Brown from a dynasty prospective. I have always thought he had the talent but just can not stay healthy to show what he can do for an entire season. I thought the titans would have traded him this year but it seems that White has not worked out the way they had envisioned which I think influenced his trade value for the Titans.

I think with the impending retirement of Tiki Barber the Giants may make a strong offer to pair him up with Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs is not an everydown back. Brown can be the multi purpose back between the 20's and Jacobs will be the "short yardage red zone grind the clock out" guy.

I think it would be a great fit for the G-men. Brown has great hands, and speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver

There, I said it. Now what? Houston is strong possibilty though, so they could draft much needed OL.

There were rumblings about the Jets in the pre-season, not sure how valid they were. That could be a fit....

There were rumblings about the Jets in the pre-season, not sure how valid they were. That could be a fit....
No way. The JETS have adequate "fits" for the moment in Washington and Houston. They'll either go for a long term upgrade in the draft or ride this RBBC again in 2007. There done (i.e., Barlow, Blaylock) brining in retreads.

I do know one thing about this situation; wherever he ends up you can count on him to have turf toe.

No way. The JETS have adequate "fits" for the moment in Washington and Houston. They'll either go for a long term upgrade in the draft or ride this RBBC again in 2007. There done (i.e., Barlow, Blaylock) brining in retreads.
Probably right, but Barlow has proven to be a one year wonder and Blaylock is a never was...Brown fits in a different category. I could see him going to NYJ if the Price is right and being part of an RBBC if they don't address the position in the draft. It's a long shot, but not impossible.What is Barlow's contract staus? Can they discard him without too much of a financial impact?

Houston and Denver are obvious fits because Brown seems like he'd work well in a one cut system. Baltimore is going to need RB help. Other possibilties don't really emerge until you think about who needs backups/RBBC types - NYG, ATL, STL, GB are all possible in that category.

:goodposting:
:no: The eagles do not want to pay for a back they need to feed every down. Esp one that has some injury problems. They will go for a bigger back and nothing more: TJ Duckett. Chance brown goes? 10%
They have a lot more problems than RB. Chance Brown goes? 10%
They'll only go after Brown if he is ridiculously cheap. They have 2 capable backs, and there are plenty in the draft. I could see them going after someone like JJ more, but Brown could fit. Chance brown goes? 30%Other teams: 50%There are so many teams on the market, its impossible to predict. Other possible suiters: Cleveland, Baltimore, NYG, GB, and still other teams if RBs leave.

Users who are viewing this thread