What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Johnson Release - Upcoming? (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Chris Johnson - RB - Titans
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Silver report the Titans are expected to release Chris Johnson following the 2013 season.

-----------------------------------------

He is criminally underutilized in that offense, and Titans seem clueless to the fact that he is their best weapon by a wide margin. Im 99% sure he's gone

Where does he land?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Silver report the Titans are expected to release Chris Johnson following the 2013 season.

He is criminally underutilized in that offense, and Titans seem clueless to the fact that he is their best weapon by a wide margin. Im 99% sure he's gone

Where does he land?
Interesting to think how good he could be if he went to a team with a qb and some wrs. He seems to be all about the $ though which means most likely he ends up on some awful team who over pays for him

When you're the best player on a team by a mile, and barely get the ball, or the scoring opportunities (shut him down in the RZ wayyyy too often) how motivated is the guy gonna be?

A RB of this calibre should see the ball no less than 20-25 touches a game. Ever.

If David Wilson doesn't come back, could Johnson end up with the Giants?
I was thinking jets or browns

Oakland if they don't want to roll with Jennings

Jacksonville to get people in the stands.

Said previously, he is all about the $$ so it's more who has the deepest pockets

If the rumors of escalators in his contract are true, it makes all the sense in the world why the Titans are limiting his load (cheap ####s).

But then again it doesnt, because he was barely seeing the ball when they were actually contending for a playoff spot... and I assume playoffs are more important than paying the guy who would lead you there

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes afraid to get hit or give a hit ... If he has a huge hole he flies through it.

But he's not going to get yards after contact and he doesnt make tacklers miss behind the line.

The guy is not a football player

If the rumors of escalators in his contract are true, it makes all the sense in the world why the Titans are limiting his load (cheap ####s).

But then again it doesnt, because he was barely seeing the ball when they were actually contending for a playoff spot... and I assume playoffs are more important than paying the guy who would lead you there
You really believe that?

Where does he land?
Interesting to think how good he could be if he went to a team with a qb and some wrs. He seems to be all about the $ though which means most likely he ends up on some awful team who over pays for him
huh?

As a group, I'd rank the Titans WRs in the top half of the league. Locker was playing well before he went down to injuries again and Fitz has been at least as good as locker. I don't think the "other skill positions" have been the problem for Johnson.

You really believe that?
Winning that division was as easy as it'll ever be this season... If the Titans got homefield advantage, even for one game, I think theyd have squeezed enough money/media to offset his contract escalators.

I was thinking jets or browns

Oakland if they don't want to roll with Jennings

Jacksonville to get people in the stands.

Said previously, he is all about the $$ so it's more who has the deepest pockets
I don't think that him wanting a new deal when his old one was only paying him $800k proves that he's all about the money. He's already made over $35M in his career so money may not be his primary goal now.

huh?

As a group, I'd rank the Titans WRs in the top half of the league. Locker was playing well before he went down to injuries again and Fitz has been at least as good as locker. I don't think the "other skill positions" have been the problem for Johnson.
You must be a lot higher on Wright and Washington than I am. They've got a couple of good possession receivers and a very raw rookie who could be a #1 someday.

I was thinking jets or brownsOakland if they don't want to roll with JenningsJacksonville to get people in the stands.Said previously, he is all about the $$ so it's more who has the deepest pockets
I don't think that him wanting a new deal when his old one was only paying him $800k proves that he's all about the money. He's already made over $35M in his career so money may not be his primary goal now.
I disagree. If he signs for a cap friendly deal he's one if the only "glory position" players I know who have signed cap friendly while in their prime years.How many nfl players have we heard who are dead broke a few years after retiring? 35 million is nothing. Warren sapp went through how much money? That CB for the ravens.... Forgot his name... He wasted over 80 mil if my memory serves me right. Terrell Owens? He lives with his gf now in her apartment

Money is the only thing many of these athletes care about. If they all cared about winning, why not sign for the vet minimum and stack a team?

Further more, it's not so much about getting the best deal or the mot money. When he asked for a new deal it was his word choices that made me question him. He is full of himself. He thinks he is one of the best in the league and want to be paid as such. Yes, he might have a point with raw talent, but from a consistency standpoint... Well I've already made that point in a different thread; he's one of the worst in the top 20 for fantasy.

Guess what I'm trying to say is his ego will prevent him from signing a cheap deal. This is the last big deal he will get in his career. He will be looking to break bank one more time, IMO. All it takes is one team to think he's worth that much, and judging by the love many have for him in these forums, it shouldn't be hard

This is all opinion. I don't see anyone trading for him with this contract. So we won't find out until april, or whenever FA starts

Last edited by a moderator:
huh?As a group, I'd rank the Titans WRs in the top half of the league. Locker was playing well before he went down to injuries again and Fitz has been at least as good as locker. I don't think the "other skill positions" have been the problem for Johnson.
You must be a lot higher on Wright and Washington than I am. They've got a couple of good possession receivers and a very raw rookie who could be a #1 someday.
And a QB who lacks accuracy or pocket awareness.

Maybe Johnson is the problem - nah, when a player isn't getting enough opportunities, odds are it's someone else's fault.

When you're the best player on a team by a mile, and barely get the ball, or the scoring opportunities (shut him down in the RZ wayyyy too often) how motivated is the guy gonna be?

A RB of this calibre should see the ball no less than 20-25 touches a game. Ever.
You must be watching a different RB than me. He has real trouble hitting the hole - that's been his problem for 3-4 years. He dances around without hitting the hole.

I think if he went to a team that would switch him to a slot reciever he would be a lethal weapon and extend his career a few years.

Pretty sure he was getting 20 touches earlier in the year, and i'd think 50m might motivate him

Is this post sarcasm?

He's on pace for 320 touches despite pretty mediocre efficiency metrics. He's getting plenty of opportunity. He's still a good RB, but it's wishful thinking to believe he's the same guy he was in 2009.

Lol, he is criminally overused. He's just a soft player who got paid and quit trying. Nothing more than a change of pace back.

Alex P Keaton said:
kb488 said:
What does the CJ2K news do for Shonn Greene's value? Do the Titans roll with Greene in 2014?
Have you seen S Greene play?
I have - not saying he's special. But all players hold value. Two total TDs today.

Users who are viewing this thread