What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Perry (1 Viewer)

p00h

Footballguy
Has a td called back on suspect holding, Palmer totally overthrows him on a wide open td in the back of the endzone, and then he goes and fumbles. With Benson in the mix, and looking half decent, I think Perry's value is drifting back towards his average value through his NFL career, which is zero. Thoughts?!?

Has a td called back on suspect holding, Palmer totally overthrows him on a wide open td in the back of the endzone, and then he goes and fumbles. With Benson in the mix, and looking half decent, I think Perry's value is drifting back towards his average value through his NFL career, which is zero. Thoughts?!?
yes quickly when reading this...2 initial thoughts..first..he's a Bengal and this is the Bengals we are talking about..secondly... no heart, no hands, and again he plays for an organization that cuts Kenny Watson when they sign Ced Benson and have Chris Perry at RB.. in spite of the fact that Kenny Watson, (although 29/maybe 30), has put up better than adequate numbers for them last year.. (in spite of the Bengal efforts to have someone push Watson out the door)..just another case of maybe it's not always the coach.. maybe it's who and how the "personnel" decisions are made for these teams.. :goodposting:

Perry has better hands out of the backfield and once the Palmer, Chad, and Housh actually start to play i think the lanes will open and Perry will be better. The TD was called back on a bad call and Palmer missed a couple easy TD passes to him. His undoing will be his fumbles.

I do not think much of Bensen. He will be a solid #2 back but Perry will be the starter. He is a better match skillwise for this offense. Bensen is a rudi clone and not any better.

I liked what I saw out of Perry today. He had good hustle and effort. He almost made that circus catch and the penalty that overturned his run TD was pretty ticky-tack. I think Benson was brought in to be a RB that can block. I think Perry is getting better every week and could be a solid RB2 in most leagues, especially PPR leagues.

Perry has better hands out of the backfield and once the Palmer, Chad, and Housh actually start to play i think the lanes will open and Perry will be better. The TD was called back on a bad call and Palmer missed a couple easy TD passes to him. His undoing will be his fumbles.I do not think much of Bensen. He will be a solid #2 back but Perry will be the starter. He is a better match skillwise for this offense. Bensen is a rudi clone and not any better.
I disagree. Benson looked faster and ran harder. I think with Perry putting the ball on the floor so much you might see Benson get more and more carries. The dreaded RBBC

Hmm, I won't go saying he looked great or anything. he looked solid, but a few things lead me to believe his value is quickly going to zero. Watson wasn't getting any of his touches, Benson is getting more than a few right off the bat. Putting that ball on the turf, which he has done often this year is bound to lose confidence in the coach. And finally, that offense is so directionless. They don't have any rhyme or rhythm in terms of levaraging the run to setup the pass, playaction etc. They just get into 2nd and longs, 3rd and longs and have to throw. I liked that he lined up wide on a few plays, but none of that amounted to any production...

I liked what I saw out of Perry today. He had good hustle and effort. He almost made that circus catch and the penalty that overturned his run TD was pretty ticky-tack. I think Benson was brought in to be a RB that can block. I think Perry is getting better every week and could be a solid RB2 in most leagues, especially PPR leagues.
As a Bears fan, that was why he did not see the field as much his rookie year. Any time they went to a passing down Thomas Jones would come in. After his rookie year he did not see the field because he sucked and still couldn't block.I do not see how anyone would think Benson would be an upgrade over Rudi Johnson, he was horrible last year.

Perry deserves to be benched he can't hold onto the ball and his fumble tonight cost them the ballgame. Benson looked better today and should pass him on the depth chart soon.

cowboy homer said:
B Maverick said:
Perry has better hands out of the backfield and once the Palmer, Chad, and Housh actually start to play i think the lanes will open and Perry will be better. The TD was called back on a bad call and Palmer missed a couple easy TD passes to him. His undoing will be his fumbles.I do not think much of Bensen. He will be a solid #2 back but Perry will be the starter. He is a better match skillwise for this offense. Bensen is a rudi clone and not any better.
I disagree. Benson looked faster and ran harder. I think with Perry putting the ball on the floor so much you might see Benson get more and more carries. The dreaded RBBC
5 fumbles in 5 games...I can't see how that endears you to the team. I think they end up in a 50/50 situation. CIN needs a 'power' (hahahahaa) running threat like Cedric. Maybe Cedric gets off his ### and does it. Regardless, they have to think about giving Perry fewer carries.

as bad as Benson looked last year, we've all seen bad looking players play much better on a new team. i thought Benson ran hard and i was semi-impressed considering he just joined the team and was out of football for months.

if today's performance was a preview of what's to come, Benson might be a pleasant surprisae for Bengal fans.

knowledge dropper said:
Perry deserves to be benched he can't hold onto the ball and his fumble tonight cost them the ballgame. Benson looked better today and should pass him on the depth chart soon.
I disagree. I thought they looked equal running the ball. Perry had a nice TD run called back and almost made a highlight reel catch and Palmer missed him on what would have been an easy score. That's multiple TD's that were there for Perry. If Perry gets those 2 TD's things are looked at a lot differently.The fumbles are a problem, but everyone on the Bengals loves Perry. This job is his until he gets hurt or Benson starts popping off 20+ yard runs.

Benson played well enough to earn some carries(which is impressive given that he has been on the team for less than a week) but he's nowhere near taking Perry's job.

I'd guess 65-35 in Perry's favor, possibly more in games where Cincy is getting crushed.

Of course 65% of the work still only equals a flex play at best for now.

I really don't understand how they can keep giving the ball to a guy who is averaging 2.8 YPC and has fumbled five times in five games. Seriously, how could he be any worse?

Tough day for Perry owners. He had three touchdowns that should have been, but weren't through no fault of his own. Palmer over threw him twice when he was wide open in the endzone (and they were easy throws too, one just a little 4 yard flip to him), and another TD called back for a very questionable holding call.

As a Bengal fan, Perry was horrible today, he ran right into the areas where the defense was getting a push and missed the cutback lane. Benson got down hill fast and looked better imo. The center position is still a major problem for the bengals and Ghia was pushed to the backfield about 3 times today, I think the holes were there for Perry for the most part but he just went down on first contact.

knowledge dropper said:
the fact that they suck out loud cost them the ballgame.

Guy is a fumble MACHINE. It's every freakin' weak. If he were on a competitive team, he would likely have lost his job already because of it.

knowledge dropper said:
correct, if you forget the 2 EASY td passes that Palmer missed him on and the good run for a td called back for a bad holding call. And the 57 yard TD catch and run by TO through the middle of the field from one sideline to the other. Oh and the INT to start the game by Palmer setting up an early 17 to 0 deficit.Yes Perry's fumbles are a problem. His 2.8 YPC? well when for a week you have Fitzpatrick throwing the ball and for any other week you have no offense whatsoever what do you expect? The passing game needs to get moving if you expect any holes to open for Perry to run through.

I dont think we will see Bensen starting or anything more then RB2 unless the fumbles continue or Bensen opens up a 10+ ypc ave.

knowledge dropper said:
the fact that they suck out loud cost them the ballgame.
Did you even watch the game?
Did you? Joseph not containing on 4th and 4 lost the game. Two guys trailing the runner, and instead of forcing him back in you try to dive through a blocker for the tackle? 10-0 instead of 3-0 your ball.

Carson Pamer missing Perry twice for TD's lost the game.

..and some crappy calls and non calls by the refs didn't help.

The fumble didn't help... but that game shouldn't have even been close at that point.

Its very easy to forget who the Bengals faced weeks 1 & 2 and then when Perry finally had a good matchup they had to start Fitzpatrick at QB so the box was loaded. Week 3 perry actually had a decent game.

Benson looked to be running harder than Perry.... but...

Perry is a damn good runner in space (of course getting him in space has been a problem)

Perry is a good blocker (better than Benson)

Perry can catch better than most WRs in the league from what I can tell.

If the dude could learn to hold on to the ball then he would stay on the field. As it stands now I expect that Benson will spell perry frequently to add a spark. I expect this will be similar to how Felix Jones spells Barber.

I'm in a PPR league so all is not lost yet for Perry. If you are not in ppr league, then I think things are looking even bleaker in cincy all around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides Hou in Wk 8 and maybe Indy in Wk 14, I don't see how this guy starts for a fantasy team the rest of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread