What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas Dinner thread - where is it??? (1 Viewer)

Ray Barboni

Footballguy
Hey dudes and dudettes,

it’s been a minute since we talked - but I swear there was a Christmas dinner thread here? Maybe it was a “Christmas Roast” thread? 

if any of ya’ll can shoot me in the right direction - that would be appreciated.

if there is no such dedicated thread? Then I sorta just wanna pick your brains on my Christmas Eve dinner plan.

First time hosting Christmas Eve. My anticipated menu:

6lb beef tenderloin roast (smoked salt, green and red peppercorn rubbed) - cooked medium rare.

sweet Italian sausage and ricotta pasta (baked) 

fried chicken Alfredo pasta (baked)

garlic butter mashed potatoes (fresh but doing it in the crock-pot)

Beef gravy (for drizzle topping the tenderloin and/or mash) 

horseradish cream sauce (also just for fun time with the tenderloin)

other sides which I’m NOT cooking but requesting guests to bring:

greens ( whatever. Can be a salad. Can be asparagus, green bean cass, or whatever)

I guess all I’m really asking about is …. Is it too Much to have 2 pasta dishes? The sweet sausage red pasta, AND the fried, Alfredo chicken?

Im of the sort that believes you can’t have enough good pasta - plus we have the perfect blend of red and white, pork, chicken and beef.

also. I suppose you can just tell me I’m overthinking ALL of this lol.

sorry. First time hosting the family - I just want to really overdo it with plenty of food 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey dudes and dudettes,

it’s been a minute since we talked - but I swear there was a Christmas dinner thread here? Maybe it was a “Christmas Roast” thread? 

if any of ya’ll can shoot me in the right direction - that would be appreciated.

if there is no such dedicated thread? Then I sorta just wanna pick your brains on my Christmas Eve dinner plan.

First time hosting Christmas Eve. My anticipated menu:

6lb beef tenderloin roast (smoked salt, green and red peppercorn rubbed) - cooked medium rare.

sweet Italian sausage and ricotta pasta (baked) 

fried chicken Alfredo pasta (baked)

garlic butter mashed potatoes (fresh but doing it in the crock-pot)

Beef gravy (for drizzle topping the tenderloin and/or mash) 

horseradish cream sauce (also just for fun time with the tenderloin)

other sides which I’m NOT cooking but requesting guests to bring:

greens ( whatever. Can be a salad. Can be asparagus, green bean cass, or whatever)

I guess all I’m really asking about is …. Is it too Much to have 2 pasta dishes? The sweet sausage red pasta, AND the fried, Alfredo chicken?

Im of the sort that believes you can’t have enough good pasta - plus we have the perfect blend of red and white, pork, chicken and beef.

also. I suppose you can just tell me I’m overthinking ALL of this lol.

sorry. First time hosting the family - I just want to really overdo it with plenty of food 
:chef's-kiss:

abondanza!

is that what you were looking for?

Ha!! Hey krista! Also been a long time ☺️

yea that one would probably suffice as well - except I do my prime rib on Christmas Day …

Hosting a first time Christmas Eve dinner  for my fiancés side of the family - it’s beef tenderloin on the menu.

they are weirdos that think there is “much fat on a prime rib” 🤦🏼‍♂️

they also order their steaks medium to medium/well.

ive refused to ruin a beautiful tenderloin - so I’m cooking it medium/rare. And if anyone complains they can throw it on the skillet or a minute or 2z

Users who are viewing this thread