What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Cincinnati at Tennessee*** (-3.5) 47.5u The Smashville in Nashville (1 Viewer)

Was  a really bad game.  9 sacks,  poor QB play by the Titans cost them the game.      Cincy is going to get blown out next week since they will not be playing Tannehill. 

One has to wonder, would the Titans have been better if Henry didn't play today? He did very little on his 20 carries. Obviously a better game from Tannehill would have helped, but he seemed 60% at best, which probably isn't better than Foreman.

Was  a really bad game.  9 sacks,  poor QB play by the Titans cost them the game.      Cincy is going to get blown out next week since they will not be playing Tannehill. 
To be fair, at least if they draw KC, the defense shouldn't put up anywhere near as much resistance as the Titans did.

One has to wonder, would the Titans have been better if

Henry

didn't play today? He did very little on his 20 carries. Obviously a better game from

Tannehill

would have helped, but he seemed 60% at best, which probably isn't better than

Foreman

Uhm...no.  TEN would have played better if Tannehill didn't throw THREE INTERCEPTIONS!

Henry didn't lose the game for the Titans, Tannehill did.

One has to wonder, would the Titans have been better if Henry didn't play today? He did very little on his 20 carries. Obviously a better game from Tannehill would have helped, but he seemed 60% at best, which probably isn't better than Foreman.
no, we really don’t have to, actually. Are you going to play constant deep thought contrarian on the board? We need less of that, actually. 

Is this where we point out where if the Titans had kicked the XP at 6-6, the game could have been 17-16 late, and Tannehill isn't throwing the game away late? 
That was pointed out in real time back during the decision, many times, including by me. 

It's been covered, ad nauseum. 

To be fair, at least if they draw KC, the defense shouldn't put up anywhere near as much resistance as the Titans did.
But, the Chiefs offense would be a lot better than the Titans.

Same with the Bills. Whoever the Bengals play they will get a team with as much or more firepower than they do. 

And good enough defenses to beat them. 

Man those overhead shots of Nashville are bittersweet. What a great city - downtown is so much freaking fun. Got a lot of friends who are crushed right now but great win for the Bengals.

no, we really don’t have to, actually. Are you going to play constant deep thought contrarian on the board? We need less of that, actually. 

I only single you out because it seems like you’re wrongly self-assured an awful lot. 
I'm not trying to be contrarian just to do it. 

I've fully admitted Tannehill played poorly, but I also think Henry did too, and didn't look healthy. I think they would have gotten more not giving him 20 carries. 

I think sacks are very often a QB stat as much or more than an OL stat. Burrow was the most sacked QB in the NFL this year, and his biggest weakness, perhaps only weakness, is taking too many sacks. 

Neither QB played well enough to win, but I think the better team ultimately won. 

But, the Chiefs offense would be a lot better than the Titans.

Same with the Bills. Whoever the Bengals play they will get a team with as much or more firepower than they do. 

And good enough defenses to beat them. 
Agreed, but I think the Bengals would prefer to play that sort of game than the type they played today.

They think/know they can beat KC, since they already did. 

I've fully admitted Tannehill played poorly
You actually hadn't. If you can find me a quote emphasizing him playing poorly more than one aside comment, then okay. But you really haven't. You've defended your early take on him numerous times, but no real mea culpa regarding his ####ty play today. 

Just noticing the tone and tenor. I'm sure there's a quote maybe to the contrary, but those following the thread know the difference. 

That's fine if you want to hold contrarian opinions. Just be prepared to either have evidence back or not back that up. This certainly was a strike against, and doesn't change the narrative in the least. 

Dak is by far the superior QB by almost all scouting and pro accounts.

No, Vrabel did. Kick the extra point, they win.
The whole game goes differently if they kick, but yes it was a stupid decision.

1 yard doesn’t mean all that much 8n the 2 pt conversion

the play call was bad too.   They should have called the exact same play that got them the TD, except maybe Henry throws it this time. 

You actually hadn't. If you can find me a quote emphasizing him playing poorly more than one aside comment, then okay. But you really haven't. You've defended your early take on him numerous times, but no real mea culpa regarding his ####ty play today. 

Just noticing the tone and tenor. I'm sure there's a quote maybe to the contrary, but those following the thread know the difference. 

That's fine if you want to hold contrarian opinions. Just be prepared to either have evidence back or not back that up. This certainly was a strike against, and doesn't change the narrative in the least. 

Dak is by far the superior QB by almost all scouting and pro accounts.
I said his last pick was awful, and his first pick(while a great play by the DB) shouldn't have been thrown. I don't hold the 2nd INT against him at all, those quick bubbles screens that get tipped into the air can happen to anybody. He also had a perfect throw on the AJ Brown TD. More negative than positive though. 

I still think Tannehill is a good QB. He's had some great games(seasons really) with the Titans, this wasn't one. Still a top-12 QB in my opinion, just like Dak is. I prefer Tannehill, but I don't think its crazy to suggest Dak is better. I do think saying BY FAR the superior player is pushing it. Dak's more consistent sure, but his best hasn't been as good as Tannehill's. 

I don't think Tannehill is all that's keeping the Titans from the Super Bowl. Its highly unlikely they can upgrade, unless Rodgers becomes available. Or Watson I guess, but I highly doubt Houston would trade him in the division. 

I said his last pick was awful, and his first pick(while a great play by the DB) shouldn't have been thrown. I don't hold the 2nd INT against him at all, those quick bubbles screens that get tipped into the air can happen to anybody. He also had a perfect throw on the AJ Brown TD. More negative than positive though. 

I still think Tannehill is a good QB. He's had some great games(seasons really) with the Titans, this wasn't one. Still a top-12 QB in my opinion, just like Dak is. I prefer Tannehill, but I don't think its crazy to suggest Dak is better. I do think saying BY FAR the superior player is pushing it. Dak's more consistent sure, but his best hasn't been as good as Tannehill's. 

I don't think Tannehill is all that's keeping the Titans from the Super Bowl. Its highly unlikely they can upgrade, unless Rodgers becomes available. Or Watson I guess, but I highly doubt Houston would trade him in the division. 
I can’t imagine too many people taking Tannehill over Dak.  Except those not taking their meds regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:

No way he is top 12 or even in the same tier as Dak

he is below average..after Carr, Cousins and Ryan and maybe a hair above Tua

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure how many times Tenn was 3rd-and-7 and they throw the ball for 5 yards. not sure why they ran Tannehill on 3rd n 3 in the 2nd half, when they had Henry to do that. then they run Henry on 4th and 3 and he gets stuffed. wtf with this play calling? Henry looked good why wasn't he getting 30+ carries in this game?! why didn't vrabel attempt the 53 yard FG with 7 mins left? wtf was he thinking? stupid coaching at its finest. going for two early when not necessary. in a game where you sacked the opposing QB what 9 times you lose the friggin ball game? I'd fire vrabel on the spot for his dumb ways. move on from this clown.

Users who are viewing this thread