What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cincinnati trip -- any recommendations? (1 Viewer)

a few of us took an Uber across the river into Kentucky, where we encountered the worst strip club I've ever seen.
:lmao:
It used to be worse, believe it or not. There was about a half-dozen of them. The Cincy area is definitely NOT noted for strip clubs.
I choose "not". We had no preconceived notions about what we were getting into, figured it was going to be a good laugh for a half hour or so, and we could be idiots for a bit and drop a couple bucks. But we ran like the ####### wind out of that place. When the bottom comes off before the top, you know you're in trouble.

My 6 year old is a Bengals fan so I'm planning to make a trip if they host a wildcard playoff game. Any ideas on what tickets will cost for decent lower level seats? I booked a hotel across the river in Covington. Any must do kid things in the area? I'll be there Friday to Monday.

a few of us took an Uber across the river into Kentucky, where we encountered the worst strip club I've ever seen.
:lmao:
It used to be worse, believe it or not. There was about a half-dozen of them. The Cincy area is definitely NOT noted for strip clubs.
I choose "not". We had no preconceived notions about what we were getting into, figured it was going to be a good laugh for a half hour or so, and we could be idiots for a bit and drop a couple bucks. But we ran like the ####### wind out of that place. When the bottom comes off before the top, you know you're in trouble.
Christo would have loved the place.

My 6 year old is a Bengals fan so I'm planning to make a trip if they host a wildcard playoff game. Any ideas on what tickets will cost for decent lower level seats? I booked a hotel across the river in Covington. Any must do kid things in the area? I'll be there Friday to Monday.
Aquarium/Gameworks/movies at the Levee in Newport is the closest. Then you have the Museum Center, Zoo, etc. Depending on weather, maybe tubing/skiing at Perfect North?

Newport Aquarium and Reds Hall of Fame would be in walking distance.

Driving up Thursday evening. Taking kids to aquarium Friday. Outside of that, just hanging out. Will be staying with family in Loveland but will be over in Cincinnati part of the time as well. :thumbup:

Holiday weekends are short and crazy for us but coming back up in spring for a few days to go to zoo and aquarium. Would love to meet up with a couple fbgs in April or May. Planning ahead to make it up to fantasy draft if it's done again as well!

Shuke is a legend. I'd be star struck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to Cincinnati next week with my wife and 18-year old son for a college tour at Xavier. We will be there Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday night before driving to Indianapolis on Sunday.

We will be staying near the Xavier campus. We are a family that travel by our stomachs and neither my wife nor son have been to Cincy before.

Yay or nay on the following plus any other suggestions for things to do/places to see while we are there. @Guster @shuke

Mad Tree Brewing
Eli's Barbecue (?)
Skyline Chili
Graeters

Mad Tree is near the hotel we are at and Skyline and Graeters are also nearby so we will triangulate around those most likely.

Last edited:
Mad Tree Brewing - never been...can not comment
Eli's Barbecue (?) - never been, but have heard good things
Skyline Chili - Polarizing...some love it/some hate it. Personally I wouldn't bother, but if you have never had it, I would endorse going to try it.
Graeters - Good, albeit a bit overrated in my world.
my $0.02

Heading to Cincinnati next week with my wife and 18-year old son for a college tour at Xavier. We will be there Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday night before driving to Indianapolis on Sunday.

We will be staying near the Xavier campus. We are a family that travel by our stomachs and neither my wife nor son have been to Cincy before.

Yay or nay on the following plus any other suggestions for things to do/places to see while we are there. @Guster @shuke

Mad Tree Brewing
Eli's Barbecue (?)
Skyline Chili
Graeters

Mad Tree is near the hotel we are at and Skyline and Graeters are also nearby so we will triangulate around those most likely.
Mad Tree has great pizza and the beer is good too. They have a large indoor and outdoor seating area. Graeters is a must.

Mad Tree Brewing
Eli's Barbecue (?)
Skyline Chili
Graeters

Mad Tree has great pizza and the beer is good too. They have a large indoor and outdoor seating area. Graeters is a must.

Always looking for good pizza. Miami is where good pizza goes to die. Just looked at the temps for next week and it's going to be high in the low 40's and lows in the low 20's. I think we will stick to the inside seating area.

Mad Tree Brewing
Eli's Barbecue (?)
Skyline Chili
Graeters

Not familiar with what's around Xavier but Rhinegeist for beers (Mad Tree is good, this is better), Taste of Belgium (you need reservations) for brunch, and Jeff Ruby for dinner. Nothing wrong with Skyline, but it's forgettable. Graeters is better, but I wouldn't call it a destination location...I have one around here so maybe that's impacting my opinion though.

Mad Tree Brewing
Eli's Barbecue (?)
Skyline Chili
Graeters

Those are all good choices. A couple places near Mad Tree are Mazunte, Dewey's Pizza, and Zip's cafe. But there are great places to eat all over the city, so depends on where you want to be.

As for things to do, what are you in to?

Mad Tree Brewing
Eli's Barbecue (?)
Skyline Chili
Graeters

Those are all good choices. A couple places near Mad Tree are Mazunte, Dewey's Pizza, and Zip's cafe. But there are great places to eat all over the city, so depends on where you want to be.

As for things to do, what are you in to?
Love Zip’s, but the burger prices are creeping up there, imo, especially since everything is a la carte. Bummer that the hobby shop next door is gone.

Little further out, but 50 West?

Jungle Jim's could be a good idea if you're a foodie or just want to see something out of the ordinary.

Users who are viewing this thread