What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any pescatarians up in here? (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
I've been doing it for about a month now, though I never planned on it. I just looked up and realized I'd gone a couple of weeks without eating any meat other than seafood, so just kept going with it.

But after a month, I must say, I feel better. At least, better than a old overweight drunk working 80 hours a week on concrete should feel.
More energy and skin isn't as dry/cracked/bleeding,

But the benefit I certainly did not see coming? Amazing bowel movements! It's like I'm 18 again! We're all mostly of a certain age where good bowel movements are something to celebrate. Last couple of years, suffice it to say, it hasn't been exemplary. But oh man, the last few weeks have been awesome. I can even trust a fart again. Sorry for that, but hey, we're all "experienced adults" here.

Anyway, any experienced pescatarian folk in here?

I know to keep the mercury and purine levels in balance. I don't have regular big fish money, so the mercury isn't a huge concern. The gout came after I fell in love with sardines, but seems to be manageable as long as I limit the 'dines to 2-3 times a week.

Anything else to look out for? Obviously, any great recipes too.

Yep, for a little over a year now. I would go full vegetarian but it's maybe a little too inconvenient but I typically only have seafood once or twice week.

I also feel way way way better. My blood pressure dropped significantly (though theres probably a few reasons for that), I have more energy, just feel better in general, my psoriasis has improved drastically. I am positive this is adding years to my life and I wish I had done it a decade ago when I started to flirt with the idea.

.I would go full vegetarian but it's maybe a little too inconvenient
Yeah I couldn't either, gotta have something outside that zone for me. I like seafood enough where maybe it could work. Better than stuffing myself with red meat and cheese every day.

.I would go full vegetarian but it's maybe a little too inconvenient
Yeah I couldn't either, gotta have something outside that zone for me. I like seafood enough where maybe it could work. Better than stuffing myself with red meat and cheese every day.
I find no fish pretty easy to do at home but I really love eating out and it's just so limiting to be totally vegetarian in those settings.

✋

20 years or so. Was complete vegetarian from like age 18-30. 30-49 been eating fish a couple times a week. It's just part of me now. Not an inconvenience or anything I run around screaming about.

I've been doing it for about a month now, though I never planned on it. I just looked up and realized I'd gone a couple of weeks without eating any meat other than seafood, so just kept going with it.

But after a month, I must say, I feel better. At least, better than a old overweight drunk working 80 hours a week on concrete should feel.
More energy and skin isn't as dry/cracked/bleeding,

But the benefit I certainly did not see coming? Amazing bowel movements! It's like I'm 18 again! We're all mostly of a certain age where good bowel movements are something to celebrate. Last couple of years, suffice it to say, it hasn't been exemplary. But oh man, the last few weeks have been awesome. I can even trust a fart again. Sorry for that, but hey, we're all "experienced adults" here.

Anyway, any experienced pescatarian folk in here?

I know to keep the mercury and purine levels in balance. I don't have regular big fish money, so the mercury isn't a huge concern. The gout came after I fell in love with sardines, but seems to be manageable as long as I limit the 'dines to 2-3 times a week.

Anything else to look out for? Obviously, any great recipes too.
You should check out this thread

Users who are viewing this thread