What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (2 Viewers)

Any value to Juwan Thompson?

He is # 2 right now?

I picked him up as flyer knowing Hillman was out and now will Ball, is he worth holding? Anything to see here?

What's his story? Homers?

Tone? Really?

And it's funny how those whose sensitivities are so delicate that their egos are damaged by a little adversarial discussion have no problem dishing out insults themselves in response.

For pete's sake, aren't we discussing football here? Let's have a little back and forth and have enough fortitude to do so and enjoy it - as long as it isn't personal. It's nice to see others allowed to be passionate in their position.
Yes really. And no one said anything about you hurting their egos just that, intentionally or otherwise, you are coming off as kind of a jerk in this thread. You also don't seem to be discussing football very much.

Do with that information what you will.

I'm not going to lie, when montee ball went down on the first series, the first thing I thought about was you lol
This isn't meant as a joke. You might want to consider seeking some therapy.
Lol hilarious. You were dishing it all out on people that disagreed with your stance on ball's health this week, but you can't take it yourself lol
I have no issue owning when I'm wrong. Ball was still hurt, much more so than was portrayed by his practice performances - and it obviously fooled the coaches too, given how early they tried to insert him into the game, and then tried again. DEN clearly thought it was going to get Ball a significant portion of work before realizing he couldn't go. So I'll freely admit I completely misread the situation.

That said, the last thing I'm thinking of in the middle of watching football on Sunday is the glee I'll feel when a player gets hurt snd consequently I get to stick it to someone here as a result. Yet you admit that's the first thought you had. Well, I hope you were deeply satisfied by seeing Ball leave the field injured just so you could do your little victory dance over me. That's what generated my thoughts that maybe you might think about seeking out a little help.

FWIW - getting called out by you after something like this really doesn't affect me a hell of lot. If you play FF for any length of time, you recognize you're going to be wrong often enough, just like everyone else, and it's not devestating to one's well being when it happens. I also recognize the same in others, which is why I refrain from rubbing people's noses in it when I'm right and they're wrong - with the exception being some isolated instances where the other person chose to make the debate personal.

If nothing else, my advice to you here is that's it's just as important to learn to be a good winner as it is to be a good loser - something you clearly need to learn. Trust me, your life will be better when you do and you aren't making the wishing for failure in others a priority in your life as you have admitted it is for you now. Take that as you will.

Tone? Really?

And it's funny how those whose sensitivities are so delicate that their egos are damaged by a little adversarial discussion have no problem dishing out insults themselves in response.

For pete's sake, aren't we discussing football here? Let's have a little back and forth and have enough fortitude to do so and enjoy it - as long as it isn't personal. It's nice to see others allowed to be passionate in their position.
Yes really. And no one said anything about you hurting their egos just that, intentionally or otherwise, you are coming off as kind of a jerk in this thread. You also don't seem to be discussing football very much.Do with that information what you will.
I'm looking back at my responses for the past few pages, and most related to the DEN running game and my opinion of how ineffective it is. There are 3 or 4 posts that are responses - like the one here to yours - to people taking the time to step completely away from the football discussion and creating a post solely to stick a barb in me. But unlike yours, and the couple others, they are responses and are not initiating the personal level into the conflict. But apparently you and others choosing to do so makes me the jerk in your mind. Well, whatever makes you feel good. Have a great day. I'll cease with the non-football crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tone? Really?

Yes really. And no one said anything about you hurting their egos just that, intentionally or otherwise, you are coming off as kind of a jerk in this thread. You also don't seem to be discussing football very much.Do with that information what you will.
I'm looking back at my responses for the past few pages, and most related to the DEN running game and my opinion of how ineffective it is. There are 3 or 4 posts that are responses - like the one here to yours - to people taking the time to step completely away from the football discussion and creating a post solely to stick a barb in me. But unlike yours, and the couple others, they are responses and are not initiating the personal level into the conflict. But apparently you and others choosing to do so makes me the jerk in your mind.Well, whatever makes you feel good. Have a great day. I'll cease with the non-football crap.

No worries. I am just an outside observer trying to shed some light, if you read my posts about CJ they are pretty much in line with yours.

Tone? Really?

I'm looking back at my responses for the past few pages, and most related to the DEN running game and my opinion of how ineffective it is. There are 3 or 4 posts that are responses - like the one here to yours - to people taking the time to step completely away from the football discussion and creating a post solely to stick a barb in me. But unlike yours, and the couple others, they are responses and are not initiating the personal level into the conflict. But apparently you and others choosing to do so makes me the jerk in your mind.Well, whatever makes you feel good. Have a great day. I'll cease with the non-football crap.

No worries. I am just an outside observer trying to shed some light, if you read my posts about CJ they are pretty much in line with yours.
Good. Let's let bygones be bygones. Now back to Anderson. I'm seeing a guy who seems to excel in the passing game much moreso than the running game. Maybe that's what the DEN coaches see too. He doesn't seem to have much push and only seems to get what is blocked for him. So my real concern in having to start him this week is how hurt J Thomas is, since I see the uptick in his involvement in the passing game as a direct result of how limited DEN was at TE last week.

I find it curious that even after Ball went down, Thompson barely played. No rushing attempts and only one reception/target. Agreed that Anderson needs to play better to keep the grip on this job, but given the fluctuations in this backfield, don't be shocked if Bibbs gets carries ahead of Thompson. I don't have any inside information, but reading the tea leaves tells me any active RB could emerge at any time in this backfield. They clearly like Bibbs, carrying him on the active roster to protect him from being sniped by the Bills. Sunday will be the first game he's active. Just saying...

Tone? Really?

Good. Let's let bygones be bygones.Now back to Anderson. I'm seeing a guy who seems to excel in the passing game much moreso than the running game. Maybe that's what the DEN coaches see too. He doesn't seem to have much push and only seems to get what is blocked for him. So my real concern in having to start him this week is how hurt J Thomas is, since I see the uptick in his involvement in the passing game as a direct result of how limited DEN was at TE last week.

With both Sanders and Julius in doubt for this week I would think Den might at least try to go a little heavier with their ground game. Considering how inconsistent they have been it is a crap shoot how CJ will handle that type of game plan.

Personally if Sanders and/or Julius are limited (or out) I think Welker will be the big beneficiary this week.

I find it curious that even after Ball went down, Thompson barely played. No rushing attempts and only one reception/target. Agreed that Anderson needs to play better to keep the grip on this job, but given the fluctuations in this backfield, don't be shocked if Bibbs gets carries ahead of Thompson. I don't have any inside information, but reading the tea leaves tells me any active RB could emerge at any time in this backfield. They clearly like Bibbs, carrying him on the active roster to protect him from being sniped by the Bills. Sunday will be the first game he's active. Just saying...
Isn't Thompson nursing a knee injury?

You guys are talking about four plays:

Code:
3	13:18		1st-and-10	opp 38	rushed for 0 yards1	2:26	0 - 3	1st-and-10	opp 42	rushed for 1 yards1	0:00	0 - 10	1st-and-10	own 36	rushed for 1 yards2	13:07	0 - 10	1st-and-10	own 20	rushed for 1 yards3	7:48		2nd-and-1	own 22	rushed for 3 yards (first down)1	5:01	0 - 3	1st-and-10	own 21	rushed for 4 yards3	14:30		1st-and-10	own 30	rushed for 4 yards1	1:09	0 - 10	1st-and-15	own 15	rushed for 6 yards3	8:11		1st-and-10	own 13	rushed for 9 yards
His sample size is still way too small even if you look at all of it. But if we're going to cherry-pick four plays we can prove anything we want to.

You guys are talking about four plays:

3 13:18 1st-and-10 opp 38 rushed for 0 yards1 2:26 0 - 3 1st-and-10 opp 42 rushed for 1 yards1 0:00 0 - 10 1st-and-10 own 36 rushed for 1 yards2 13:07 0 - 10 1st-and-10 own 20 rushed for 1 yards3 7:48 2nd-and-1 own 22 rushed for 3 yards (first down)1 5:01 0 - 3 1st-and-10 own 21 rushed for 4 yards3 14:30 1st-and-10 own 30 rushed for 4 yards1 1:09 0 - 10 1st-and-15 own 15 rushed for 6 yards3 8:11 1st-and-10 own 13 rushed for 9 yardsHis sample size is still way too small even if you look at all of it. But if we're going to cherry-pick four plays we can prove anything we want to.
Nobody is trying to define Anderson for life. We're having a discussion. If you just want to crunch numbers, I agree. But watching performance on the field allows for some information to make an evaluation. Shoot, by your standards we couldn't talk about any rookies until we were well into the season.

Broncos OC Adam Gase he wants to run more.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26982285/adam-gases-game-plan-broncos-offense-focuses-running

Adam Gase's game plan for Broncos offense focuses on running ball more

Adam Gase always has understood the criticism that comes with his job as the Broncos' offensive coordinator.

"I think when you have a full year where you average 38 points a game and then all of a sudden you score seven, it's a shell-shock deal for you," Gase said Thursday.

Gase was a wunderkind coach in 2013 when, in his first try as offensive coordinator, the Broncos set an NFL season scoring record with 606 points, averaging 37.9 per game.

He hasn't felt like a genius this week. The Broncos are coming off a 22-7 upset loss at St. Louis in which Gase's play calling broke down to 54 passes and nine rushes.

The offensive line has received the bulk of the blame for the Broncos' offensive struggles, although quarterback Peyton Manning pointed the finger at himself after losses to New England and St. Louis — and again Wednesday.

Gase was tough on himself Thursday.

"The first thing I can do is run the ball more," Gase said.

Broncos OC Adam Gase he wants to run more.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26982285/adam-gases-game-plan-broncos-offense-focuses-running

Adam Gase's game plan for Broncos offense focuses on running ball more

Adam Gase always has understood the criticism that comes with his job as the Broncos' offensive coordinator.

"I think when you have a full year where you average 38 points a game and then all of a sudden you score seven, it's a shell-shock deal for you," Gase said Thursday.

Gase was a wunderkind coach in 2013 when, in his first try as offensive coordinator, the Broncos set an NFL season scoring record with 606 points, averaging 37.9 per game.

He hasn't felt like a genius this week. The Broncos are coming off a 22-7 upset loss at St. Louis in which Gase's play calling broke down to 54 passes and nine rushes.

The offensive line has received the bulk of the blame for the Broncos' offensive struggles, although quarterback Peyton Manning pointed the finger at himself after losses to New England and St. Louis — and again Wednesday.

Gase was tough on himself Thursday.

"The first thing I can do is run the ball more," Gase said.
Duh.....

I have this feeling that I will regret not making room for Juwan Thompson in my lineup. I figure he will vulture a TD or two.

R. Jennings - Starting

C. Anderson - Starting

--------------------------------

A. Foster - No Brainer this week

J. Forsett - Could regret this

L. Murray - Do regret this :mellow:

how is this kid not starting since day 1? kid looks amazing and has looked good every time I see him.
I know Denver is in a battle today against a good D but with a power running game they are going to be tough in the playoffs, if their kicker doesn't kill them.

Oh man, was I ever close in my matchup if he tries to take that to the house.

As George Takei would say..."Oh my!"

Argh. :wall:

But this is great news. C.J. has taken over.

He could have scored on that last carry! The defender fell to the ground!

Now I need another 3 TD game from Donnell...

Thank you CJ. Mad props and nothin' but love for ya. So glad I blew all my waiver $$$ on you after the Raiders game. 50 PPR points in two games plugging up my RB2 hole. Looking forward to riding you the rest of the way!

Oh man, was I ever close in my matchup if he tries to take that to the house.

As George Takei would say..."Oh my!"

Argh. :wall:

But this is great news. C.J. has taken over.
I was so hoping he would break it all the way. I am done in my matchup and would have been up around 100 with my opponent having 4 good guys left. I'll take the extra 2.5 points regardless, but another TD would have been unbelievable.

Hendo said:
how is this kid not starting since day 1? kid looks amazing and has looked good every time I see him.
he running thru clear lanes and facing 6 man fronts. its a joke how easy manning makes it.

Users who are viewing this thread