What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clady out for the season (1 Viewer)

swidman

Footballguy
Clady was placed on IR today.

Lower some expectations in the Broncos passing game? Bump up Moreno?

Discuss.

I would think Thomas stays in to block a lot more now
If they need to help out with a TE a healthy Dressen if a far better blocking option than Thomas.

It will certainly effect their personnel packages if they are forced to choose between Thomas and one of the WR's to get Dressen on the field.

I guess we can shut down that other thread asking if DEN should tank some game in purpose now.

I have included this news in the latest offensive line rankings. Denver drops 10+ spots. Chris Clark isn't bad but he's no Clady.

bump J. Thomas...checkdowns all day
What makes you think Thomas is running checkdown routes? I didn't see the 2nd game, but in the first game, he ran a number of deeper routes (deep ins, deep outs, & skinny post type routes). His YPC is exactly the same as Julio Jones, and I doubt anyone would consider him a "checkdown" type receiver.

What makes you think Thomas is running checkdown routes? I didn't see the 2nd game, but in the first game, he ran a number of deeper routes (deep ins, deep outs, & skinny post type routes). His YPC is exactly the same as Julio Jones, and I doubt anyone would consider him a "checkdown" type receiver.
He's talking about the TE not the WR. HTH.

This loss cannot be understated. Clady was a brick wall protecting Peyton and without him teams will likely get more pressure on Manning.

I would downgrade the Broncos passing game slightly and upgrade Moreno.

Green and Dreessen

treat88 said:
Max Power said:
I would think Thomas stays in to block a lot more now
If they need to help out with a TE a healthy Dressen if a far better blocking option than Thomas.

It will certainly effect their personnel packages if they are forced to choose between Thomas and one of the WR's to get Dressen on the field.
Agree. Green is a pretty good blocker as well. Will probably see a lot less of DT/JT/Welker/Decker all on the field at the same time.

He's talking about the TE not the WR. HTH.
I know that. The J. Thomas part gave it away. The WR is averaging 21.3 YPC. HTH.

This loss cannot be understated. Clady was a brick wall protecting Peyton and without him teams will likely get more pressure on Manning.

I would downgrade the Broncos passing game slightly and upgrade Moreno.
?? You don't get points for blocking.
You get more when you're in the game every snap because you're the only back on the roster who can block, and when the offense runs the ball with you more often to protect the suddenly-vulnerable blindside of their franchise QB with the stapled-together neck.

Can JT block? His blocking ability will have a dirrect correlation to his snap count and his opportunity.

Broncos starting LT was a TE two years ago.
I' pretty sure he's been an OT since he entered the league. He played as an extra OL in heavy sets in the Tebow offence and lined up at TE at times.

Not that that matters, though. Matt Lepsis was a fantastic LT for Denver and he was a TE in college.

Users who are viewing this thread