What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (1 Viewer)

Alright so I watched like a 40 miniute video the other day on quadralavalooning. In it, this guy basically shoved everything into the middle. He didn't pull CC, he didn't worry about the AQ. In fact, he targeted the AQ when it was next to an AD.

He brought 4 lavas and the rest loons. Four rages. That's it. Every time in his video, his hounds exploded, and with the aid of rage, basically the pups and falling ballons wiped out CC troops, the AQ, and the TH.

Before I watched this I was trying to lure the CC, kill the AQ if it was accessible. I thought this video opened my eyes.

Ever since I've started mimicking this guy, it's been a complete disaster. I mean, 0 stars. I just attacked in Quattro and he had witch/wiz/arch, and it just eviscerated my entire attack.

I have no idea if:

1) This strategy is wrong and this guy has screwed with my brain.

2) My execution sucked (I'm certain this is at least part of it).

I've watched Lavaloon videos, but I really feel like I need a Lavaloon 101 GregR type novel post. If anyone is up for it I would be very grateful. I don't really know what to look, when it's better to use 2 hounds vs. 3 vs. 4 (or 5 which is apparently a thing). I don't know what I should be doing with the CC or the AQ. I pretty much don't know anything, lol.

I know FBGs are more or less pros at it, but there does seem to be a few people mentioning here and there that they need to figure it out, so hopefully a post like that would be helpful to more than just me. Sucking at war (since 2-starring TH9's became a non-viable strategy) is really reducing my enthusiasm to even play at this point because I know it's such a liability for Quattro to have a max TH9 only be able to pull off the occassional hog 3-star.

I think I saw the same video.

What I can't replicate is how their pups seem to swarm the AQ and CC troops under rage. In our attacks, the pups just attack the nearest building and get taken out by defenses.

I'll try and find it when I get home. I used to be in favor of luring CC, but that was when I wasn't using four lava hounds. I think seeing this guy's attacks work so well just totally screwed up my brain.

I think I saw the same video.

What I can't replicate is how their pups seem to swarm the AQ and CC troops under rage. In our attacks, the pups just attack the nearest building and get taken out by defenses.
Yeah, exactly. When I'm planning it out in my head, it's like.

1) Drop loons to give them a head start.

2) Drop four hounds, spread out to capture as many bombs as possible, but so that two each go to the two AD's on one side.

3) Rage.

4) Profit.

Instead, I do steps 1-3, and step 4 is everything's ####### dead and I'm at 28%, and there are two max wizards from the CC alive mooning me and giving me the finger.

:lol:

I think the guy was emphasizing how the rages were NOT for the loons (to kill the AD), but for the pups to kill the AQ and CC. Maybe we need smarter dogs to attack the enemy instead of peeing on hydrants.

Myk

The strategy is 100% SMN coached me through a few of them and he is a master

There are a few keys. One, I bring a zap for CC. You can go all rages, smn has

The other is you need to time your hound to hit the AD while the queen is right under it. The queen needs to take splash damage from loons,pups and bombs.

Come over to fbgs. SMN, myself and yoga executed them. Probably others but I dont remember off top of my head

Okay. I'm going to bring someone over. Would you prefer a competent TH7 dragon rusher or a completely incompetent max TH9? I'm guessing the former, lol. I just want to watch so I don't really care who I bring.

I am on the bandwagon of dealing with cc. Recently I have been bringing golem 3 wiz 1 witch hero's and zap. This gets me the Queen cc troops and an air defense. After this I wreck shop

Myk

The strategy is 100% SMN coached me through a few of them and he is a master

There are a few keys. One, I bring a zap for CC. You can go all rages, smn has

The other is you need to time your hound to hit the AD while the queen is right under it. The queen needs to take splash damage from loons,pups and bombs.

Come over to fbgs. SMN, myself and yoga executed them. Probably others but I dont remember off top of my head
:cry:

I always rage my loons and not the pups. I try to set the rage down to end right before or on the AA I'm pathing to. It's the way I started and it always worked for me so just kept with it. My theory is to get all the defenses dead in the area so the pups can take out the AQ. Right or wrong no idea but I'm rolling with it until it let's me down.

Also if you're gonna lure, make it useful imo. Obviously base dependant but I did this once with yoga and once with smn this last war. This made it easier for me to learn pathing in the beginning as I only had to focus on parts of the base.

With smn I used 6 loons and a rage to take out two archer towers and an AA during my lure. With yoga I used a hound, 7 loons and a rage to get 3 archer towers, 2 cannons, and an AA on the lure.

I see a lot of lures that just suck the cc without much help in the actual attack. If you're gonna lure go in deep and make it productive if possible. This is the first time I did this in a long time but it's how I originally started out so I didn't feel overwhelmed with the base. You will get key buildings down and you won't have to wonder if you got all the cc troops.

Just my opinion on how I first learned (And this is how I do most of my snipes) Small steps.

Key is knowing how to lay the loons down you either pile them up or spread them out. All depends on the trajectory of wiz tower and air defense layout.

I've said before using a 212 on a hound raid is not helping. Either do a suicide a zap or let your heroes deal like turtles

FBG1 WAR STRATERGEY UPDATE

FBG1 now has 34 members capable of 3 starring TH9. TH10s need to hit TH10. There will be rarely a need for TH10 on TH9 violence anymore.

So we are reverting to the tried and true +5

1-5 and X-5 are first come first serve if you really hate your +5 or don't have one. (X = the total number of bases in the war)

If you hate your +5 then consider chilling on defense for awhile till your +5 is more your cup of tea.

Trade/swap/move at will. Please don't take someone's official +5 without asking.

Second attacks will be 100% cleanup. After 9am CST all bases are wide open. Any base already hit is wide open as soon as the attack is fail.

TH9.5 and 10 2nd priorities

TH10 to 2

TH9 0 to 3

TH9 1 to 3

TH8.5 and 9 2nd priorities

Snipe TH10 from 0 to 1

TH9 to 2 or 3

TH8 to 3

After 9amCST no holding bases unless you can hit it within 30 minutes of a call.

I am moving into a new role at work which was supposed to happen 3 months ago. Daytime will be a lot more scarce for me. Hoping this general guideline gets us where we need to be without a lot of inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why shaded bases work is that it's mainly psychological warfare.

You make the base seem like an easy slam dunk 2 star and you get some ####ty gowipe to come after you for 2. I'm sure everyone looks at it and is like "Wow, that's such a junk base go hammer it" "YEA TWO STARS WOW WHAT A MORON THAT GUY IS THIS GAME IS SO EASY WE ARE GONNA ROLL THESE GUYS"

Thing is the game isn't about 2 stars anymore. Now you have 2 on the board and you look at a shaded base and you go, well #### me how do I get 3 on that? So they punt it. That's one less base with 3 stars on it.

I'm guessing Bucky didn't give up 3 in the last war. I'm also willing to bet bucky gives up a really early 2 star every war, like in the first 2 hours and then maybe nobody ever attacks it again.

Three things a TH9 can do to stop the 3 star

-Make your TH easy to kill but target your ground splash damage that way such that not much is left from the kill team.

-AA at least two overlap and don't connect all your wiz to AA

-DGB locations deep inside

-No imperfect junctions

-Protect the queen

No TH9 is perfect. All will fall to a max LaLoon, but then you've forced a max LaLoon on a TH9. That is a win.

Has anyone tried a shattered LaLoon on you culd?

ETA: Cool-kid speak, engaged!
I could fall to that. Could probably push two golems and big heroes through the 10 compartment. jump to get into the queen space and clear out the two AA, cc and queen. But, the teslas and other towers are setup to make golems think twice about using the jump (they probably would anyways).

It wouldn't leave a ton of room for a laloon, especially not a TH9 one. You still would have 3 wiz towers standing at that point. None of them connected and you'd have 3 spells to do it in.

I could fall to that. Could probably push two golems and big heroes through the 10 compartment. jump to get into the queen space and clear out the two AA, cc and queen. But, the teslas and other towers are setup to make golems think twice about using the jump (they probably would anyways).

It wouldn't leave a ton of room for a laloon, especially not a TH9 one. You still would have 3 wiz towers standing at that point. None of them connected and you'd have 3 spells to do it in.
Yeah, if I had the skills, that's what I would try if faced with your base. But I wouldn't be able to do it.

I also like the idea of having the BK right next to the AQ. Gives her a bit more protection.

ETA: I would wallbreak the outer compartment and jump into the one with the ADs and AQ. But place the jump so that only that wall can be jumped over, not the side compartments.

Yeah, if I had the skills, that's what I would try if faced with your base. But I wouldn't be able to do it.

I also like the idea of having the BK right next to the AQ. Gives her a bit more protection.

ETA: I would wallbreak the outer compartment and jump into the one with the ADs and AQ. But place the jump so that only that wall can be jumped over, not the side compartments.
Golems still could try to wander to the sides depending on when you set the jump down. I've seen it happen to a few of us. If you jump like ron (before you set anything down) then for some reason the AI is more reliable.

Does FBG1 not use Clash Caller?
nope.
The main reason we don't use clashcaller is that we view all TH9 as a 3 star base. We have enough firepower to get 3 on any base at about a 33% success rate. That's really all you need. We get that to a 50% success rate and we win them all.
But bases will fall more easily to certain types of attacks. I'm not sure what the downside would be to using Clash Caller except that it's something else to check. Oh well - seems to be working for you guys.

Does FBG1 not use Clash Caller?
nope.
The main reason we don't use clashcaller is that we view all TH9 as a 3 star base. We have enough firepower to get 3 on any base at about a 33% success rate. That's really all you need. We get that to a 50% success rate and we win them all.
But bases will fall more easily to certain types of attacks. I'm not sure what the downside would be to using Clash Caller except that it's something else to check. Oh well - seems to be working for you guys.
Yeah, but for the most part everyone now has both a laloon and a max hog in their bag. 95% of bases are gonna go down to one or the other and there are usually 5-10 to pick from late. Getting a really super specific dialed in army is mainly a gowipe thing to get the right number of pekkas/golems/wiz and spells down.

laloon and hogs pretty much use the same comp and spells every time with a changeout for tanking or kill squad as needed.

[SIZE=medium]Hi, are there any openings in your clan? I used to post here a while back as Lionsfan11 but I lost the password and made this new account. I usually just read FF news in the Shark Pool but stumbled across this thread and thought I’d ask. I have two COC accounts that are looking for a new clan as my current one is full of lower level people and in flux. My main account is relatively new to TH9 and can take out any TH8 no problem with max balloons but I’m struggling to learn how to attack other TH9’s. I’m active, watch some youtube videos and am coachable though. For the second account, I usually just empty collectors and only raid during gem boost or other boost periods. My main purpose for this account is war. Here’s my 2 accounts:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Main Account: TH9 that came in as a max TH8 about 1.5 months ago[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- all new defenses and walls upgraded to max TH8 (last Tesla upgrade in progress)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- only non-lab elixir upgrades remaining are 1 barrack, 1 DE storage, 4 DE drills (2 drills in progress)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- BK10 and AQ6[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- both L1 x-bows built (no desire to upgrade them until end of TH9)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- lab upgrades so far are max balloons, max hogs, L6 giants. L2 lava hound in progress[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Back-up Account: TH8 that was a max TH7 about 1 month ago[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- no upgrades made to TH8 level[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- all gold has been dumped into new walls and clan castle upgrade[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- all elixir has gone into DE drills and lab[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- lab upgrades so far are L3 dragons, L3 minions with L5 archers in progress[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- not sure if I’m going to upgrade defenses with this account anymore[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]- should rate as a max TH7 for war[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread