What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

Anybody got a decent th9 base with the new wind whisperer incorporated? I'm winging it right now for the war on Saturday but if you masters have a good layout let me know, I'd like to take a look.

The aggro range sure seems a lot shorter than 6 tiles to me. This is going to make this game damn near impossible at the high levels till we get this figured out.

Anybody got a decent th9 base with the new wind whisperer incorporated? I'm winging it right now for the war on Saturday but if you masters have a good layout let me know, I'd like to take a look.
Nobody has a clue what to do with it. Someone at reddit surely will come along with a 50,000 word post on how to optimally place it soon.

Nobody has a clue what to do with it. Someone at reddit surely will come along with a 50,000 word post on how to optimally place it soon.
:lmao: Me neither, I'm thinking of putting it behind 2 AD's & seeing what happens.

Ran into one on a raid this morning but I barch so it just got in the way. Thought it was kinda telling, I next'd a bit this morning and 1 out of about 15-20 bases had one built with another 2 being built. Don't think there is a wide acceptance of this thing yet, I know the guys in my clan where sharing some of the same sentiments you did yesterday. I'm seeing this thing as a nuisance right now more than a defensive game changer. They put it on a swivel and then it has an impact (you heard it here first, next update).

This entire update has been a #### show. They should have just done the anti xmod update and left it at that. The rest of this has really been a trainwreck.

They have dramatically altered the gameplay in tons of ways here. And I don't think they thought it through.

• They will absolutely lose people that rely on barch to hit collectors of TH +/-1. Wide reports that this is damn near impossible now in every reasonable range.
  • They will absolutely lose people that rely on TH sniping at high levels. (ptts, but it's alot of people) And really this goes both ways. The people that set TH to get the cheap snipe and those that use it for loot.
  • Frustration will grow in the TH9/10 ranks in war about the change to the CC and AQ AI. And this is where they probably lose me. I would point anyone to the defense I had against a decent attack. My queen just slaughtered his guys while they didn't even fight back. Stupid. They did NOT think through the aggro range. Tam sent a hero led hill squad in and the king standing at arms length from their queen wiped his ### on a storage. You have to give people a chance, they've taken that away now.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have dramatically altered the gameplay in tons of ways here. And I don't think they thought it through.

• They will absolutely lose people that rely on barch to hit collectors of TH +/-1. Wide reports that this is damn near impossible now in every reasonable range.
That is ridiculous. I absolutely crushed it yesterday with two accounts, just barching. Maxed both gold and elixir. Haven't seen loot like that since the Xmas boost. The gameplay change has been awesome since I don't have to next eleventybillion crappy TH6/TH7.

Quattro might have run into some ex-modders. Horrible attackers. One guy already has a 0% drag rush attack where he didn't deploy any troops.
These guys are throwing out raid armies. Even if they were modders, they'd still know how to put an army together or lure a CC. I think they're just turrible.

• They will absolutely lose people that rely on TH sniping at high levels. (ptts, but it's alot of people) And really this goes both ways. The people that set TH to get the cheap snipe and those that use it for loot.
I've been pondering this one lately. Of course we all evaluate the updates with a perspective of "how does this change things for me" but I believe this will be a net positive difference. I expect to face more real attacks, but nothing dramatic -- maybe an increase from 1 in 100, to 1 in 20. Further, without those TH7 and TH8 who make a living in Master's by sniping for the loot bonus, that should result in more snipe opportunities for me.

Quattro might have run into some ex-modders. Horrible attackers. One guy already has a 0% drag rush attack where he didn't deploy any troops.
These guys are throwing out raid armies. Even if they were modders, they'd still know how to put an army together or lure a CC. I think they're just turrible.
Then how did they get to 45 wins?
:shrug:

Not being able to mod isn't going to suddenly make them stop using hogs and going with 10giants, 10wb and the rest barch.

The drag rush that failed with 0% could have been a timeout. Why would a TH7 drag rush need a mod? I guess the mod app could have crashed and caused the zero.

I've been pondering this one lately. Of course we all evaluate the updates with a perspective of "how does this change things for me" but I believe this will be a net positive difference. I expect to face more real attacks, but nothing dramatic -- maybe an increase from 1 in 100, to 1 in 20. Further, without those TH7 and TH8 who make a living in Master's by sniping for the loot bonus, that should result in more snipe opportunities for me.
The effect on the economy will be dramatic though. That's a ton of loot that is pulled out of the system that has nowhere to trickle down to.

That is ridiculous. I absolutely crushed it yesterday with two accounts, just barching. Maxed both gold and elixir. Haven't seen loot like that since the Xmas boost. The gameplay change has been awesome since I don't have to next eleventybillion crappy TH6/TH7.
Kinda what I saw yesterday as well and agree, not having to next through a million junk bases is nice. Another side benefit, at least to me, is seeing bases that more mirror what I'll see in war so if I want to practice an attack it doesn't cost a mill in gold to next a base that fits something you'll likely see in war as opposed to the junk you saw before.

The effect on the economy will be dramatic though. That's a ton of loot that is pulled out of the system that has nowhere to trickle down to.
Good point.

Edit: actually, no, the number of snipes wouldn't change, so the loot injected into the economy wouldn't change. What changes is perhaps that more of it goes to TH10 and less to TH7. Which shouldn't really matter (to those of us TH10 in master's)

ok i just started raiding silver 2 with shuke. my god. I'm dropping down asap with main. this is insanity.
For real? Last time you inspired me to drop (which was to ~500) I regretted it. Do you think the loot is THAT good now, that it will be worth a 2000 trophy climb later?

Kinda what I saw yesterday as well and agree, not having to next through a million junk bases is nice. Another side benefit, at least to me, is seeing bases that more mirror what I'll see in war so if I want to practice an attack it doesn't cost a mill in gold to next a base that fits something you'll likely see in war as opposed to the junk you saw before.
Yep. I was finding either abandoned bases with full collectors (hit with as few barch as needed and drop the trophies to stay in range) or TH8 (my level) with loaded stores that would take the full army plus a spell to get the majority of loot.

Good point.

ok i just started raiding silver 2 with shuke. my god. I'm dropping down asap with main. this is insanity.
For real? Last time you inspired me to drop (which was to ~500) I regretted it. Do you think the loot is THAT good now, that it will be worth a 2000 trophy climb later?
They changed a few things, one you can search like +/- 500 trophies and you are dealt stuff in your TH range +/-1. So TH9 get the most benefit from this by far.

Shuke nexted a little this morning at 950 with a mass drag army i was dumping and had a pick of some just monster bases one after another. And the bases in this trophy range generally blow or are inactive or are the 500 style base with collectors in the core. Just roll a little bit deep and you crush them.

Only risk is that the hunter does become the hunted but my plan is to leave gold storages out forever now that walls count in war matchmake so that bribe should get me some shields.

Good point.

Edit: actually, no, the number of snipes wouldn't change, so the loot injected into the economy wouldn't change. What changes is perhaps that more of it goes to TH10 and less to TH7. Which shouldn't really matter (to those of us TH10 in master's)

Not sure what you normally make on raids but my last 8 attacks in Silver I made 2.1 mil in gold and 1.7 mil in elixir. Not saying it'll be that way for you. Just providing you some numbers

Good point.

Not sure what you normally make on raids but my last 8 attacks in Silver I made 2.1 mil in gold and 1.7 mil in elixir. Not saying it'll be that way for you. Just providing you some numbers
Just for fun, I added up my last 8 in Masters 2 and 1

2.35 million gold, 2.25 elix and 24,178 dark elix

So not too off down in silver. But I also had 2 TH Snipes in there.

How much dark elix did you make

AcerFC said:
Jnox said:
sartre said:
culdeus said:
sartre said:
culdeus said:

Good point.

culdeus said:

Only 1276 so that's a huge difference.

No bonuses don't show in log.

If you are farming for DE no point in leaving masters. If you need a lot of gold elixir you can drop to gold/silver and rake.

AcerFC said:

wow, so that is where the real difference is

This was no surprise, but it just cements it. If you are pushing heroes, you really cant afford to drop out of crystal

AcerFC said:

This was no surprise, but it just cements it. If you are pushing heroes, you really cant afford to drop out of crystal
Are you barching or bringing a real army? Just curious. My army is just barbs/archers and giants with my BK

AcerFC said:

Are you barching or bringing a real army? Just curious. My army is just barbs/archers and giants with my BK
24 loons, 1 lavahound and 45 minions.

Would you not get crushed there every time as a low TH9? I'd get steamrolled for 300/300/2000 at Gold 1/2 as soon as I logged off.

Would you not get crushed there every time as a low TH9? I'd get steamrolled for 300/300/2000 at Gold 1/2 as soon as I logged off.
Nope, left my th out and 90% were snipes

You could also drop excess into walls.

ETA: This is one of the nice aspects of being so high. Many times, Ill get the snipe even though the army can destroy me. People snipe for the bonus and move on

SMN just got rocked by a level 1 hairdryer. held him from an easy 3 to a 2. If you want to see it in action swing by.

I was almost convinced to go to th10. This update may have changed that
Why? For war matchmake a TH9 like you is somewhat a drag and will be only worse if you stay at th9.

Your heroes and walls will bring in tougher matchups going forward. Not having the 240 makes our matches harder without the benefit of 25 more troops and extra levels.

Users who are viewing this thread