What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Last edited by a moderator:
culdeus said:
That was about the best matchup would could have hoped for...
It slipped away?
Yep. They had plenty of TH10 attacks left and smoked all our TH9s.
They beat misfit rejects not too long ago, assuming it's the same guys that's nothing to sneeze at.
They had 2 TH9 vs TH9 stars and those were vs our early non-max 9s. They were simply more efficient at getting 2* TH10 vs TH10 and therefore had tons of bully attacks where we did not... and there bully attacks were successful. Ours were not.

id say the extra spell should be a EQ for war

drop it right on the TH and the infernos are usually within radius

takes like 15-20% off the hitpoints
EQ acts funny on the townhall now because it's a storage.
I used it last war.. worked well
Others have said it's buggy and doesn't really do damage to it but looks like it does.
Yeah I employ this on almost every raid, and haven't noticed any change in EQ effect on TH. The bar above the TH still shows health going down to 75%.

On a related note (TH as storage), Animator in honda has shown a couple of intriguing replays using raged gobs to quickly devour a TH. It seems there could be some potential war applications using his method (sniping at the very least).

Some war meta updates

• TH11 - L3 witches are really really strong. TH11 didn't really get enough defense to stop a GW+Mass Witch type raid. The GW is absolutely ideal for mass witch. An untimely mortar shell or DGB can be frozen. And having the GW leveled isn't showing to be all that important yet. Seems really strong as a witch support even at L5. Simply haven't seen enough other style raids to make any clear calls.
I just got hit with one of these. I got to watch it live, and once I saw what he was packing (max heroes including L20 warden, thirteen L3 witches, 11 wiz, 2 golems and some other cleanup) I thought for sure it would be the first time I was 3-starred in ages. But he didn't bring the best spell comp for my base - 2 jump, 3 rage, 2 EQ. I think if he had 4 jumps he would've easily wrecked me. Instead he quit the attack at 65% 2-star to save hero health when it was obvious it wouldn't go the distance.

Definitely agree this will be the en vogue TH11 go-to attack before long.

culdeus said:
That was about the best matchup would could have hoped for...
It slipped away?
Yep. They had plenty of TH10 attacks left and smoked all our TH9s.
They beat misfit rejects not too long ago, assuming it's the same guys that's nothing to sneeze at.
They had 2 TH9 vs TH9 stars and those were vs our early non-max 9s. They were simply more efficient at getting 2* TH10 vs TH10 and therefore had tons of bully attacks where we did not... and there bully attacks were successful. Ours were not.
Deleted the post. Wrong misfit rejects.

Others have said it's buggy and doesn't really do damage to it but looks like it does.
Yeah I employ this on almost every raid, and haven't noticed any change in EQ effect on TH. The bar above the TH still shows health going down to 75%.

On a related note (TH as storage), Animator in honda has shown a couple of intriguing replays using raged gobs to quickly devour a TH. It seems there could be some potential war applications using his method (sniping at the very least).
Watch the replay. It's a bug report people are seeing. The loot from the townhall is a all or nothing thing.

What the bug looks like is that eq can't flatten the townhall but if you eq it and it goes to 0hp it then magically gains the hp back you gave it. Sort of funny to see a building heal up.

Not the worst bug ever

Watch the replay. It's a bug report people are seeing. The loot from the townhall is a all or nothing thing.

What the bug looks like is that eq can't flatten the townhall but if you eq it and it goes to 0hp it then magically gains the hp back you gave it. Sort of funny to see a building heal up.

Not the worst bug ever
Interesting, it sounds like this bug occurs when the EQ is used to finish off the TH? The way I use it (and what I presume VA was advocating) is that you 'pre-treat' the TH (and adjacent infernos etc.) before your troops get to it. I haven't noticed a difference in that regard, but who really is going to count up the damage from the troop hits to be sure...

Watch the replay. It's a bug report people are seeing. The loot from the townhall is a all or nothing thing.What the bug looks like is that eq can't flatten the townhall but if you eq it and it goes to 0hp it then magically gains the hp back you gave it. Sort of funny to see a building heal up.

Not the worst bug ever
Interesting, it sounds like this bug occurs when the EQ is used to finish off the TH? The way I use it (and what I presume VA was advocating) is that you 'pre-treat' the TH (and adjacent infernos etc.) before your troops get to it. I haven't noticed a difference in that regard, but who really is going to count up the damage from the troop hits to be sure...
Yes. And not clear if its a bug or what. They may mean to show it not taking damage at some point from spells and didn't make an animation for it like when you zap storages.

Chief Pat's video is a pretty good rant. Even the trophy pushers hate it. It made pushing too easy. The top 200 players are now in legends leagues, Nearly Pat's entire clan is in it. In his funny rant he said he's 3 starring bases without spells now. Just witches and warden. And this thing was tailor made for them.

John Bender said:
HARD UNINSTALL
I may have to do this. Since the update I've been in the red each day for resources gained/lost. I won't be able to save up for anything.
Same here. Everytime I get attacked now I get hit for a lot of loot. It's like running in place.
I'm in Crystal and not getting hit at all. 2 full days with only trophy drops. I have max loot able DE.

Bender th9 is in a tough spot but I would also try as much.

I just got a pop up saying I was getting attacked. So I log in and see someone has pillaged my village and I now have a 15 hour shield. I log off for 10 minutes and fire it back up and I have no shield at all. WTF??

I just got a pop up saying I was getting attacked. So I log in and see someone has pillaged my village and I now have a 15 hour shield. I log off for 10 minutes and fire it back up and I have no shield at all. WTF??
Time for you to uninstall the game like everyone else. This is SC's way of letting you know they don't want you to play anymore.

For my 1st attack in today's war I'll be doing a Lv3 Mass Witch attack on a TH11.

Chief Pat made it look so easy - what could possibly go wrong?

Chief Pat's video is a pretty good rant. Even the trophy pushers hate it. It made pushing too easy. The top 200 players are now in legends leagues, Nearly Pat's entire clan is in it. In his funny rant he said he's 3 starring bases without spells now. Just witches and warden. And this thing was tailor made for them.
I just watched his two latest videos on trophy pushing (Journey to Legend). Neither is a "rant". In fact he explicitly states the 'changes are working'. And there is no claim that he is 3-starring bases without spells (the attacks show just the opposite).

Is there another video? I can only assume you watched something else.

ETA: no one in Chief Pat's clan is in Legends. Only three (including CP) have even reached Titan. Seriously, what were you watching?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched his two latest videos on trophy pushing (Journey to Legend). Neither is a "rant". In fact he explicitly states the 'changes are working'. And there is no claim that he is 3-starring bases without spells (the attacks show just the opposite).

ETA: no one in Chief Pat's clan is in Legends. Only three (including CP) have even reached Titan. Seriously, what were you watching?
Ok guys, seriously. Are you guys trolling us? Such opposite viewpoints on everything. Quick question, what color is the sky. PM me your answer and I'll share results.

:lmao:

Btw: Now I'm curious and gonna have to find these videos!

Ok guys, seriously. Are you guys trolling us? Such opposite viewpoints on everything. Quick question, what color is the sky. PM me your answer and I'll share results.

:lmao:

There are two videos by Chief Pat on youtube with the series heading "Journey to Legend". They are not rants at all, and are positive regarding the changes to trophy pushing.

The only thing accurate about culdy's post is that the top 200 players are in Legends. No idea why or how he came up with the rest.

Ok guys, seriously. Are you guys trolling us? Such opposite viewpoints on everything. Quick question, what color is the sky. PM me your answer and I'll share results. :lmao:

There are two videos by Chief Pat on youtube with the series heading "Journey to Legend". They are not rants at all, and are positive regarding the changes to trophy pushing.

The only thing accurate about culdy's post is that the top 200 players are in Legends. No idea why or how he came up with the rest.
There were 8 guys alone in his clan within the first day of the update. At one point had at least half. I assume to drive content.

Pushing was made far too easy. Which has been the single only good thing in this update so far. In fact they maybe made it so easy that they will squash their revenue. No longer do you need to really spend any gems to maintain your spot. Just buy vg till they kick you off.

It's funny that they probably horribly miscalculated why people gemmed into clouds.

Take a random look at the top 200. Witches and healers mostly. No skill spam crap.

This witch thing is absolutely terrifying. I really hope they nerf this soon. The way they re-weighted TH9/10 could lead to someone doing a really extreme 9.75 and skipping everything to get to GW+L3 witch and be able to 3 star nearly any TH10 and you could honestly see the permaTH9 do just this. I mean SC gave TH10 literally nothing, they are chasing TH9 out in droves both in the casual and war ranks.

A 30/30 with L3 witches is absolutely viable now. They did a ever so slight nerf to multi target infernos, they have to reverse this. The tweak apparently allows, under the cast of the warden just enough to allow the larry's to live long enough to wreck everything. I expect if not fixed every super rushed base on the planet to hit the button and at least try it.

From the point of view of the average gamer playing this I mean what possible reason would you have to stay at TH10 right now? A

Ok guys, seriously. Are you guys trolling us? Such opposite viewpoints on everything. Quick question, what color is the sky. PM me your answer and I'll share results. :lmao:

There were 8 guys alone in his clan within the first day of the update. At one point had at least half. I assume to drive content.

Pushing was made far too easy. Which has been the single only good thing in this update so far. In fact they maybe made it so easy that they will squash their revenue. No longer do you need to really spend any gems to maintain your spot. Just buy vg till they kick you off.

It's funny that they probably horribly miscalculated why people gemmed into clouds.

Take a random look at the top 200. Witches and healers mostly. No skill spam crap.
You bring a lot of good info to this thread. Unfortunately you bring far too much nonsense as well. This is a clear case of the latter. You really have no idea what you are talking about regarding trophy pushing.

Yesterday you reported that titan folks "literally cannot find a base to raid". Today, it's "too easy". Just stop.

Return of The Walking Dead !!!

Maybe jrk will come back?
Walking Dead will be back with a vengeance. And CP seemed to do fine with only 8 witches.

CP is probably right that we will see a rapid decline in the open-style bases (at TH10+). I'm glad I watched that because I was just about to switch to one!

You bring a lot of good info to this thread. Unfortunately you bring far too much nonsense as well. This is a clear case of the latter. You really have no idea what you are talking about regarding trophy pushing.

Yesterday you reported that titan folks "literally cannot find a base to raid". Today, it's "too easy". Just stop.
Those are mutually exclusive things. I hope you can understand that. It can both be too easy to push as well as difficult to find bases to raid. What clearly happened is people in Titans either A) jumped to Legends because their prior tactics now started an inflow of cups never before seen and B) The rest dropped trophies like it was hot. This left a large no-mans-land in Titans.

I feel like Crystal is also a no mans land. I am seeing a TON of TH9 when nexting. They said in one of those dev interviews it was supposed to be 1 in 20 with the new formula. I'm getting at most 50% TH10 nexting at any particular time. This tells me that TH10 aren't in this range and this is making it really hard for TH9 to hide with any loot.

The biggest change is that there is huge cup inflation, once you get to a certain point the minimum offer is 6. That used to be 1. So people can just do a queen orbit on boost and pick up hundreds and hundreds of cups in one session.

In Silver I I'm loot capped just sniping and hitting exposed collectors/DE drills. If I get rolled for max loot I can make it back in 15-20 minutes of raiding. Few spells (just lightning to hit buried DE drills) and cheap TH8 barch troops. They're giving it away -- averaging something like 10k DE per hour since the update.

Small-ball might not be for everyone. But if you stay under a shield until it expires and then raid for 30 minutes before taking another one you'll come out way ahead even without the early-TH9 grinding I've been doing for the last few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread