What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

I got 35%, would like to see a TH9 star that base for future reference.

So if a TH8.5 upgrades townhall are they a TH10-1? TH9? All I want is the freeze spell :shrug:

has anyone here tried the 9.5 strategy? I am about to upgrade to TH10 and am considering it. I am not in the FBG clans as of now (been in a clan with close friends since i started), but I am a max th9 defenses with 220 Lvl 9 walls and 30 Lvl 10 walls. 15 AQ/15 BK. We are a constant war clan who only has 2 other TH10s right now.

thanks for any advice/input.

has anyone here tried the 9.5 strategy? I am about to upgrade to TH10 and am considering it. I am not in the FBG clans as of now (been in a clan with close friends since i started), but I am a max th9 defenses with 220 Lvl 9 walls and 30 Lvl 10 walls. 15 AQ/15 BK. We are a constant war clan who only has 2 other TH10s right now.

by may I wouldn't be shocked to see fbgs be half 9.5s maybe more. doc basically invented the concept before anyone on the forums coined the term.

If you war a lot, no reason not to do 9.5. You are still a th9 until you get those extra camp slots so you don't want all the added defenses pulling a harder matchup.

If you war a lot, no reason not to do 9.5. You are still a th9 until you get those extra camp slots so you don't want all the added defenses pulling a harder matchup.
ok thanks - can I build any defenses or none at all? Can i build the extra traps?

Some strange things to point out from the last few wars.

For one, the yoga/zzang thing needs to be rexamined. Shuke (Now heading to full on 8.75) ranks above two bases with 2 level 2 wiz towers.

Shuke has a smattering of non wiz towers in various levels but not so much more than what yoga was rocking. still ranks behind th7s with all the stuff built out but not maxed.

Then we have in the farm clan some th10 that built what looks like a max th8 then went right away to TH10 and built 3 level 1 xbows. The 3rd xbow isn't enough to rank above th9 with 3 xbow levels but does get him above th9 with 2.

Also some of these guys in the last two wars have had just ridiculous heroes. Allowed some fine tuning of the hero power. Seems to cement in stone that 10 hero levels = 1 xbow level more or less. It's tough to line it up with infernos because the brazil farmers have crappy heroes at th10.

ok thanks - can I build any defenses or none at all? Can i build the extra traps?
Most of the guides put this in one of three categories

-Build no defenses and upgrade no defenses at all.

-Build and upgrade new defenses except inferno/xbow to TH9 levels

-Build and upgrade new defenses and any other defenses you already have to TH10 level. (not xbow)

Acer I think is going with option 1. He's stayed ranked down quite a bit. SMN went with option 2 and has already jumped some people so it does impact your MM somewhat. I am going with option 3 but I am being picky about what TH10 defenses I will max (AA and Teslas only). My rank hasn't moved yet so it's hard to say what this is doing for us.

Key is just stay the hell away from infernos and xbows/inferno and try to get your clan as much as possible to stop upgrading those towers. Wiz towers do seem to count a little heavier than the rest of the towers but not so much that they aren't worth doing if you want to.

First clan has hit level5. It's a china clan made up of mostly TH8s and lower. Their name is just a bunch of symbols but you can search for them easily.

First clan has hit level5. It's a china clan made up of mostly TH8s and lower. Their name is just a bunch of symbols but you can search for them easily.
Now I'm starting to wish we'd pooled 50 of our super hardcore members into fbgs for nonstop war to make a run at this accomplishment, I bet we could have come close at least. Oh well, maybe next time.

Sorry my fellow Quattro brethren. I failed us this war. Rushed all my attacks before I left the country and couldn't get a single star. :bag: hopefully I'll come back with some better skills.
You held their 6 to zero and their 1 to 2 so that probably saved you from being cut by the time you get back :hifive:

Now I'm starting to wish we'd pooled 50 of our super hardcore members into fbgs for nonstop war to make a run at this accomplishment, I bet we could have come close at least. Oh well, maybe next time.
Honda had the best shot. Honda with 5 ringers from fbgs (SMN, VA, tam, md, doc) + shuke and yoga and constant war and it would have happened.

Sorry my fellow Quattro brethren. I failed us this war. Rushed all my attacks before I left the country and couldn't get a single star. :bag: hopefully I'll come back with some better skills.
I've been trying to punch above my weight (rank-wise) the past few wars and getting crappy results. This time I aimed lower and did much better (3star HoLo on a newbie TH9).

You and I should look to wipe out opposing clan's bottom TH9s and let our teammates swing higher.

by may I wouldn't be shocked to see fbgs be half 9.5s maybe more. doc basically invented the concept before anyone on the forums coined the term.
Not to speak for doc, but I don't think 9.5 was ever his philosphy. His mantra has been consistently "offense first". Which I (and others) have long been saying as well. This is significantly different than advocating "offense only" because of the perceived war matchmake. The latter is something you should take credit for.

I spent quite awhile at TH10 where I did camps/factory and then didn't build infernos. It's hard to look at war matchups and get a feel for how much that kind of gaming the system helps, but I was pretty underwhelmed after seeing how often we were still outgunned at the top. Especially when my bases like that were 8-10% of our total bases, I just thought I'd see more bang for the buck.

I agree with not holding off on infernos, I'd build them early if I had it to do over. Only good thing was I was grinding walls so I didn't really have enough resources that lack of infernos hurt me in regular raiding defense.
Building offense first IMO, has nothing to do with gaming the system. It's simply the most efficient way. The easier it is to farm, the easier it is to acquire all the resources you need to keep your builders busy.

That it keeps your matchmaking lower is just a byproduct. I would build infernos as quickly as possible following your offensive buildings.

Not to speak for doc, but I don't think 9.5 was ever his philosphy. His mantra has been consistently "offense first". Which I (and others) have long been saying as well. This is significantly different than advocating "offense only" because of the perceived war matchmake. The latter is something you should take credit for.

I spent quite awhile at TH10 where I did camps/factory and then didn't build infernos. It's hard to look at war matchups and get a feel for how much that kind of gaming the system helps, but I was pretty underwhelmed after seeing how often we were still outgunned at the top. Especially when my bases like that were 8-10% of our total bases, I just thought I'd see more bang for the buck.

I agree with not holding off on infernos, I'd build them early if I had it to do over. Only good thing was I was grinding walls so I didn't really have enough resources that lack of infernos hurt me in regular raiding defense.
Building offense first IMO, has nothing to do with gaming the system. It's simply the most efficient way. The easier it is to farm, the easier it is to acquire all the resources you need to keep your builders busy.

That it keeps your matchmaking lower is just a byproduct. I would build infernos as quickly as possible following your offensive buildings.
He certainly did that. He maxed out infernos asap and did the rest of offense to max and now is going with the rest of the defense.

My general approach is infernos don't really stop 2 star attacks. They can stop a 3 star.

Superbase has never, ever, been 3 starred (And really never even close in ~50 attempts) so infernos are only hurting clan matchmaking with no benefit to stopping the 2nd star. I find it hard to believe that it will be consistently 3 starred in a manner that infernos would have provided the dps needed to stop it. They just aren't that big a deal.

I am worried about max TH10 hound raids so I'm adding DPS to help stop that. If people start rolling me with hounds I may change my tune.

So are we gonna re-rack and take a short break on Saturday or take a break from this point? I don't really feel like we've even had a real war this week so maybe nobody cares if we just keep running.

Work issues today and haven't been able to attack.

Had some time this morning but PB had hit my target and had to change army. Haven't had a shot to do anything since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bucky86 said:
EYLive said:
Bucky86 said:
I've been trying to punch above my weight (rank-wise) the past few wars and getting crappy results. This time I aimed lower and did much better (3star HoLo on a newbie TH9).You and I should look to wipe out opposing clan's bottom TH9s and let our teammates swing higher.
That's my plan from now on.
I've been wondering if we should go to a +x approach.

culdeus said:
So are we gonna re-rack and take a short break on Saturday or take a break from this point? I don't really feel like we've even had a real war this week so maybe nobody cares if we just keep running.
Rerack

Bucky86 said:
EYLive said:
Bucky86 said:
I've been trying to punch above my weight (rank-wise) the past few wars and getting crappy results. This time I aimed lower and did much better (3star HoLo on a newbie TH9).You and I should look to wipe out opposing clan's bottom TH9s and let our teammates swing higher.
We need some modified version of it otherwise we'd have a ton of wasted attacks from our TH9s which could have been done by TH8s.

+x works for the big clans, but I don't think it'll go so well for us.

Bucky86 said:
EYLive said:
Bucky86 said:
We need some modified version of it otherwise we'd have a ton of wasted attacks from our TH9s which could have been done by TH8s.

+x works for the big clans, but I don't think it'll go so well for us.
For a few months we did +X number of TH10 and TH8 and 10 were FCFS. Worked well till we started drawing like 15 TH10 and no TH8 so we are now back to old school +5.

TH9 with max hounds and hogs should be able to take down any TH9 so once your whole roster of TH9 fills out that way it's time for a change to something more aggressive.

culdeus said:
Rerack

Especially if the maintenance break to end the double XP event hasn't happened yet

next war will be single xp.

btw take a look at the 5 or 6 clans that got to level 5.

ten times missed his calling. looks like one of the clans was one guy with 49 accounts or at least like 40 of them.

Down at around 1250 is great if you don't care a whole lot about DE. You mow down all kinds of th8s with barch. If you use stronger armies just move up to crystal. The bonus adds up a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is gold hiding for th9's these days? I'm at 1850 and it's grinding 100k at a time
Masters + Loonian + leaving your th out = profit

100/100/500 bonus, and still the occasional th snipes.
Man I tried the Masters climb and could just never get there, was always about 100 trophies short and getting rolled by pissed off th10's. I'm grinding walls right now so maybe drop down to finish then make another run at Masters. Two max DE drills satisfy anything I need for that right now.

Users who are viewing this thread