What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Climate Change thread: UN Report: we need to take action (3 Viewers)

Pakistan, one third of the country under water. Videos of hotels collapsing into rivers that weren't there a week ago.

Flooding or drought, depending on where you live.

This is beyond politics. I don't think we, as humans, are able to get it together and fix this mess.
I'm literally just hoping we hold it together till I'm dead

Pakistan, one third of the country under water. Videos of hotels collapsing into rivers that weren't there a week ago.

This is beyond politics. I don't think we, as humans, are able to get it together and fix this mess.
My hope is everyone I know and love are gone before Mother Nature ***** slaps mankind back to the stone age.

My hope is everyone I know and love are gone before Mother Nature ***** slaps mankind back to the stone age.
What are you guys doing about it?

hoping they die before it effects them.

That's too bad. Climate has been changing since the Earth became a planet.

That's too bad. Climate has been changing since the Earth became a planet.
I think the issue is that it is changing faster than it has in the history of mankind by a large factor and that we have billions of people now living in areas that will be impacted.

"the climate has been changing throughout the history of the planet" is a worrisomely ignorant take that too many people seem to share, and those that that parrot that nonsense clearly don't have even a rudimentary understanding of basic entry level climate science concepts.
:goodposting:

"the climate has been changing throughout the history of the planet" is a worrisomely ignorant take that too many people seem to share, and those that that parrot that nonsense clearly don't have even a rudimentary understanding of basic entry level climate science concepts.
Wait....so it's NOT been changing? :lol:

I think there are those of us that believe that climate change is happening and there are those of you who buy into the propaganda.

Patagonia’s founder gave the $3 billion company to a set of trusts and nonprofits meant to combat climate change.

NY Times article, so it's behind a paywall.

Rising seas could swallow millions of U.S. acres within decades

1. Sea level rise will shift coastlines — and property lines
2. The Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast stand to lose most
3. It’s not just about flooded homes. It’s about eroding tax bases.
4. The potential ripple effects are vast
5. The future is not (entirely) set in stone
we’ll just adapt
It's not an easy thing to adapt to food and fresh water shortages. We'll do better here in the US but alot of third world countries are going to feel the pain.

Rising seas could swallow millions of U.S. acres within decades

1. Sea level rise will shift coastlines — and property lines
2. The Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast stand to lose most
3. It’s not just about flooded homes. It’s about eroding tax bases.
4. The potential ripple effects are vast
5. The future is not (entirely) set in stone
we’ll just adapt
It's not an easy thing to adapt to food and fresh water shortages. We'll do better here in the US but alot of third world countries are going to feel the pain.
Good thing China is buying up our farmland.

Has there been any studies showing how
much impact U.S. green efforts will have on global warming if other industrialized nations like China, India etc.. don't participate?

This feels a lot like having a no pissing end of a swimming pool.

Last edited:
much impact U.S. green efforts will have on global warming if other industrialized nations like China, India etc.. don't participate?

China says 1/3 of its energy will come from renewables by 2025. India currently gets 40% of it's energy from renewables.

China says 1/3 of its energy will come from renewables by 2025. India currently gets 40% of it's energy from renewables.
Cause believing what China says, ever, is a good strategy. Sigh

Well you don't believe what our government tells us either

Seems like a fair topic to consider. Turns out China (and India) are building many coal plants to address demand and energy security. Not ideal.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/despite-pledges-to-cut-emissions-china-goes-on-a-coal-spree
https://www.reuters.com/world/china...ecurity-trumps-climate-greenpeace-2022-07-20/

This -
India currently gets 40% of it's energy from renewables.

Can only be true if Poop burning is considered "renewable".
By any measure this practice is toxic, highly polluting, and unsustainable.

What????

Not Kamala.

Snow Crab season cancelled in Alaska for the first time ever as 90% of the Snow Crab population has disappeared. We don’t know why for sure. Could be disease but could be the warming waters. Massive economic and ecological loss.

Gonna be a real dump in another 100 years or so

Snow Crab season cancelled in Alaska for the first time ever as 90% of the Snow Crab population has disappeared. We don’t know why for sure. Could be disease but could be the warming waters. Massive economic and ecological loss.

we do know why

we do know why
Can you enlighten us then as to what you know about this that the person cited in the article who is researching the topic does not know? Maybe there was an update I have missed. I think we have a very good idea but don’t have a definitive answer.

EVERY anomaly now is climate change, every one. Rain in the northeast? Climate change. A hurricane striking Florida during hurricane season? Climate change. Snow in Minnesota in October? Climate Change. And on and on

we do know why
Can you enlighten us then as to what you know about this that the person cited in the article who is researching the topic does not know? Maybe there was an update I have missed. I think we have a very good idea but don’t have a definitive answer.
you want me to link to 30 years of peer-reviewed scientific research on the predicted effects of climate change, including warming and more acidic oceans leading to reduction and possible extinction of marine life? sure, I’ll get on that.

we do know why
you want me to link to 30 years of peer-reviewed scientific research on the predicted effects of climate change, including warming and more acidic oceans leading to reduction and possible extinction of marine life? sure, I’ll get on that.
Let me guess..Climate change?

we do know why
In the case of ocean acidification yep.

we do know why
In the case of ocean acidification yep.
In the case of EVERYTHING, yep

I’m not a denier. The expert studying the issue doesn’t feel comfortable saying it’s climate change yet. He also isn’t sure if they died or moved somewhere else.

Climate change and ocean acidification are major problems. Pollution of our air and waters is bad. I can’t believe anyone can genuinely believe otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread