What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Cobra Kai" -- The Karate Kid Series sequel (1 Viewer)

Stingray told the cops his testimony was false so what was Silver arrested for then?
The footage of Silver telling Tory that they cheated the tournament wasn't deleted though.

Oh, and he also brought in a team of ninjas and sliced up Chozen with a katana, which is probably illegal, though this one's a gray area since they broke into Silver's house at the time.
Except thats not what he as arrested for

:shrug:

OK, so he got arrested because he's the bad guy and it's a fictional show that hasn't once tried to maintain even the slightest veneer of realism. Nothing on this show would ever happen the way it is depicted, with teenagers ransacking a house & both teens and adults assaulting each other on the regular, yet no police are ever involved. When attempting to look at it through the lens of realism, literally every scene in every episode falls flat.

Is that a better explanation?

The central message of Cobra Kai is that literally every problem can be solved with violence -- specifically, hand-to-hand combat, but sometimes with swords or piercing weaponry. Violence may often make the problem worse, but that's OK, because it's an excuse to address new problems with even more violence, preferably with large groups of people involved, including respected community business owners in advanced middle age and easily impressionable minors.

Stingray told the cops his testimony was false so what was Silver arrested for then?
The footage of Silver telling Tory that they cheated the tournament wasn't deleted though.

Oh, and he also brought in a team of ninjas and sliced up Chozen with a katana, which is probably illegal, though this one's a gray area since they broke into Silver's house at the time.
Except thats not what he as arrested for

:shrug:

OK, so he got arrested because he's the bad guy and it's a fictional show that hasn't once tried to maintain even the slightest veneer of realism. Nothing on this show would ever happen the way it is depicted, with teenagers ransacking a house & both teens and adults assaulting each other on the regular, yet no police are ever involved. When attempting to look at it through the lens of realism, literally every scene in every episode falls flat.

Is that a better explanation?

The central message of Cobra Kai is that literally every problem can be solved with violence -- specifically, hand-to-hand combat, but sometimes with swords or piercing weaponry. Violence may often make the problem worse, but that's OK, because it's an excuse to address new problems with even more violence, preferably with large groups of people involved, including respected community business owners in advanced middle age and easily impressionable minors.
Exactly! Isn’t it glorious?

The scenes with Mike Barnes were hilarious. What memorable character from the original trilogy is left for a cameo at this point? I can only think of the Okinawa love interest.

The scenes with Mike Barnes were hilarious. What memorable character from the original trilogy is left for a cameo at this point? I can only think of the Okinawa love interest.

Kumiko? She was in a couple episodes in season 3 when Daniel went to Japan.

Oh yeah, I forgot. So really there’s no one left for next season. Honestly, I feel like they could have ended the series with this season. Things were actually wrapped up pretty well.

Oh yeah, I forgot. So really there’s no one left for next season. Honestly, I feel like they could have ended the series with this season. Things were actually wrapped up pretty well.
No really. Hillary Swank. It’s apparently been teased a few times.

That would be absolutely terrible. The show is called “Cobra Kai” not “Alpha Elite.” (Yes, I had to look it up).

And I don’t care how bad Ralph Macchio’s fight scenes were, nothing compares to Julie-San.

It will be Kreese again and that will be it. This is all getting wrapped up next season IMO. It has run it’s course. It has been a fun ride no doubt.

Last edited:

They need one last season to ruin all the fun this has been.

I haven't watched this season yet - did we get the redhead from 3, so Daniel can tell us again how much he loves Macaroni and Cheese?

Hillary Swank
She does not count. LOL
Would you prefer Jaden Smith or Jackie Chan?
None of the above. Hillary Swank? I don’t even consider it cannon. It was a terrible movie.....just really bad. That is a huge reach. They have hit the trilogy and sucked everything out of it. We got one season left tops IMO. I think they took it farther than anyone thought it would/could go. TO think where it went from a small Youtube TV series to this. Pretty cool. End it before it jumps 10 sharks LOL.

This show is so ridiculous, they just had an episode where grownups are using weapons and beating each other up over children's karate lessons and that was the best episode of the series.

At this point, they should just bring in CGI Pat Morita who *surprise* isn't actually dead and comes back to kick Kreese's ***, say something philosophical to Daniel and the students and walk off into the sunset.

Hillary Swank
She does not count. LOL
None of the above. Hillary Swank? I don’t even consider it cannon. It was a terrible movie.....just really bad. That is a huge reach. They have hit the trilogy and sucked everything out of it. We got one season left tops IMO. I think they took it farther than anyone thought it would/could go. TO think where it went from a small Youtube TV series to this. Pretty cool. End it before it jumps 10 sharks LOL.
Only sharks left to jump would be the CGI return of Mr Miyagi and Sato to help Daniel and Chozen.

if moana ever showed up in cobra kai she would basically dismantle the entire dojo limb by limb and sweep danielson off his feet so that is why the do not introduce her into the mix because it would be one episode of her kicking *** and then the end and that is not how you develop a series take that to the bank brochachos

Hillary Swank
She does not count. LOL
Only sharks left to jump would be the CGI return of Mr Miyagi and Sato to help Daniel and Chozen.
OMG please let them do this.

Hillary Swank
She does not count. LOL
Ummmmm they have acknowledged they are both dead bro.

Hillary Swank
She does not count. LOL

CGI

Hillary Swank
She does not count. LOL
Nothing in this series is impossible or ridiculously over the top. It would be ludicrous and beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread