What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coleman or Sanders? (1 Viewer)

I am trying to decide between these two players in my dynasty keeper league. Coleman had an exceptional year for a rookie last season and Henderson has this defense heading in the right direction (see Ravens defense). Sanders, one of the top safeties coming out of college in 2004, ran in to some injuries last season, which kept him out of 11 games. Sanders is a hard hitter and has good ball skills, and is fast (especially on the carpet). Whereas Coleman isn't as fast, bust has great hands and is always around the ball. I really like both of these players and I am having a real difficult time deciding who to take with my pick. Tackles and assists are worth a points, interceptions and forced fumbles are worth 4 points, and passes defensed and fumble recoveries are worth 2 points. :confused:

I forgot to mention that Coleman is a FS who plays for the Jets and Sanders is a strong safety. Since Sanders is a SS, I am leaning towards him. But Coleman is an intriuging fantasy prospect.

sanders has a higher upside, but has some durability issues, not that coleman doesnt. its a tough call, but id go with sanders.

i like them both a lot...BTW, i think bob sanders is slotted to play FS... at least that was the word b4 doss discharged his pistol like it was the 4th of july... now with joseph jefferson moving to safety, maybe sanders slides to SS for 2 games.like bloom, i think sanders has the higher upside (not to say coleman doesn't have a ton of upside, too)... & that he has some potential durability issues.so depending on your risk aversion/tolerance profile...some are down on sanders due to fact that he is FS... i am not one of them... he has such blazing speed, pedal-to-the-metal intensity & near telepath instincts & recognition skills i think he will be ranging all over the field, & getting to the ball carrier ahead of DL & LBs in some instances.

some are down on sanders due to fact that he is FS... i am not one of them... he has such blazing speed, pedal-to-the-metal intensity & near telepath instincts & recognition skills i think he will be ranging all over the field, & getting to the ball carrier ahead of DL & LBs in some instances.
yep, i see him being a havoc wreaker in the secondary no matter where he lines up. he's a lot like polamalu, a big play waiting to happen... the kind of presence indy's secondary has been dying for. he and marlin jackson are both real keepers,and could be what puts the defense over the top one of these years.

ome are down on sanders due to fact that he is FS... i am not one of them... he has such blazing speed, pedal-to-the-metal intensity & near telepath instincts & recognition skills i think he will be ranging all over the field, & getting to the ball carrier ahead of DL & LBs in some instances.
Dont forget the fact that this is the Dungy-2 as well. The free safety usually sees better fantasy stats in this scheme. Sanders is a beast and I picked him in every league I was in and I want to add that he is a HUGE hitter in addition to his speed.I forget where I saw it today, but one of the players said something to the effect that "...our defense is so much better when Bob Sanders is on the field."

His durability is in question but, otherwise, he is a stud in the making.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone. I took Sanders and I have been reading and hearing some good things about him. It's almost my pick again and Erik Coleman is still on the board so I may even still be able to get him to add to my backfield which now includes:Ronald Bartell (STL; rookie)Brodney Poole (CLE; rookie)Roy Williams (DAL)Michael Boulware (SEA)Terrance Kiel (SD)Bob Sanders (IND)As I mentioned, Erik Coleman is still on the board, as is Sean Jones (CLE), Brian Dawkins (PHI), and Sean Taylor (WAS). So again, I may be faced with another tough decision here. I could go DL or LB here, but I think the couple of players I am targeting will fall to me on the swing. I pick #8 in a 10-team league.

run, don't walk to your computer & drop bartell to get coleman, jones or taylor... all huge upgrades...taylor makes me nervous with bad attitude & legal problems (like pacman)... & fact that he is FS & may need to get 10 INTs to make up for less tackle opps (he may have ed reed like talent & could do it)... he is at least as talented as roy williams in terms of physical ability, almost as much of a hammer against run & far better in coverage.coleman was one of four rookie safeties that had huge years... boulware, madieu williams, gibril wilson & coleman.sean jones looked sean taylor like in highlights... freakin amazing he & thomas davis were georgia safeties in 2003 (plus they had thurman & pollack at LB... how did they not get all shutouts :) )... they were confident enuf in him to release griffith, a vet who was i think in top 10-20 in tackles.HC crennell had rodney harrison at SS, & GB savage had ed reed at SS, so it is safe to say those guys know safeties.

That far on your depth chart, i would get Sean Taylor in a heartbeat. The legal troubles should be of concern, but his upside is too good not to take a chance on, especially when you have 4 solid safeties ahead of him.Bartell is a project and a couple of years away so I agree with dropping him.

Back to Sanders, I would take him over Coleman also. For the FS thing, Dungy likes his safety's to be interchangable, the fact he is at listed at FS is not to big a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread