What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (1 Viewer)

Bingo. Massive hypocrisy. All expenses paid trip to play a game then turn around and disrespect many of the taxpayers that enable her to do so.

A real protest would have been to decline the invitation to play for the U.S. at all. Not take the candy and then b**ch about where it came from.
Maybe you can explain. Sorry, didn’t realize it originated with you. 

What taxpayer funding does the US Women’s Soccer Team get?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m starting to realize that the people complaining about this know very little about the woman’s national team and soccer in generally. I think it would be best to educate yourselves a little more before making any more absurd claims. 

Rapinoe is one of the lesbianic reasons I don't support, financially or politically, Title IX or professional women's sports. There. Been said.

“Lesbianic reasons”?
Lesbianism often times concerns itself sociopolitically and immediately. Generally, I find it to my detriment. Therefore, I generally don't support the political aspirations of either radical feminism or lockstep sociopolitical lesbianism.

Lesbianism often times concerns itself sociopolitically and immediately. Generally, I find it to my detriment. Therefore, I generally don't support the political aspirations of either radical feminism or lockstep sociopolitical lesbianism.
Why is lesbianism to your detriment? 

I’ve been reading this woman’s bio: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Rapinoe

She’s pretty remarkable. Besides being one of the very best ever at her sport, she was an honor student all through high school and college. Her philanthropy work is off the charts. Pretty proud that she’s from California (Foothill High School, though her college was Portland University.) Sounds like someone to truly admire. 

Not lesbianism. Its political wing, as expressed through the typical identity politics of the day.
I see.  Lesbianism but not lesbianism.  Sounds very complex. 

It’s possible you just don’t like something that you associate with lesbians and you’ve decided to oppose lesbians because of that thing that you associate with lesbians. 

Because I have to be honest, I’m pretty confused why Rapinoe (and I’m assuming you mean just Megan) is a reason to not support Title IX and professional women’s sports. . 

I would interpret her comments as supportive of her country, except when it falls short of its obligations under its foundational principals.  She is not supportive of falling short.
I seem to remember something about "liberty and justice for all" as an American value. Sometimes we've fallen short of that standard. A lot of conservatives don't seem to think that peope who point that out are good Americans. 

I see.  Lesbianism but not lesbianism.  Sounds very complex. 

It’s possible you just don’t like something that you associate with lesbians and you’ve decided to oppose lesbians because of that thing that you associate with lesbians. 

Because I have to be honest, I’m pretty confused why Rapinoe (and I’m assuming you mean just Megan) is a reason to not support Title IX and professional women’s sports. . 
I associate lesbianism with its inevitable political manifestation, which is generally identity-driven and places men's concerns as a distant second to their own advocacy.

I think radical feminism and lesbianism were disproportionately represented and/or considered in the passage of Title IX. 

Women's sports certainly has a higher percentage of lesbian participants than the gen pop; thus I don't really support the sociopolitical aspect of women's sports, all things considered.

Why is the political wing of lesbianism (whatever that means) to your detriment? 
"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" finds itself manifest inappropriately in all sorts of normative behavior and especially and most tangibly, family law. I need lesbians like I need a hole in my head. They have no use for me. I have no use for them. 

In general.

I seem to remember something about "liberty and justice for all" as an American value. Sometimes we've fallen short of that standard. A lot of conservatives don't seem to think that peope who point that out are good Americans. 
It can be done is a respectful manner.   But when someone is being intentionally disrespectful and I have no idea why people try to spin that as respectful.  

I’ve been reading this woman’s bio: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megan_Rapinoe

She’s pretty remarkable. Besides being one of the very best ever at her sport, she was an honor student all through high school and college. Her philanthropy work is off the charts. Pretty proud that she’s from California (Foothill High School, though her college was Portland University.) Sounds like someone to truly admire
She doesn't put her hand over her heart and won't sing during the National Anthem -AND-  she's a lesbian.   No true American could admire a person like that.

She doesn't put her hand over her heart and won't sing during the National Anthem -AND-  she's a lesbian.   No true American could admire a person like that.
It is easy to think you 'win' arguements when you completely mischaracterize or ignore the real point.  

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" finds itself manifest inappropriately in all sorts of normative behavior and especially and most tangibly, family law. I need lesbians like I need a hole in my head. They have no use for me. I have no use for them. 

In general.
That quote is from Gloria Steinem, a lifelong proud heterosexual (in fact she’s married to Christian Bale’s dad.) it wasn’t a rejection of men but of the idea of need. 

In any case I still don’t understand what you’re getting at. What is inappropriate? What about family law bothers you? And what has Rapinoe in particular ever said or done that makes you think she is anti-man? 

Yesterday, it amazed him anyone spent more than 10 seconds on this topic.  Yet here he is posting and posting and posting about it.   Strange turn of events.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/755362-colin-kaepernick-thread-and-related-anthem-kneeling-issuesnews/?do=findComment&comment=21980913
It didn't take me more than 10 seconds to make up my mind that this was a silly thing to be bothered with.  I just pop in here and occasionally respond to people that get butt-hurt over goofy things like this.    Thanks for noticing.

That quote is from Gloria Steinem, a lifelong proud heterosexual (in fact she’s married to Christian Bale’s dad.) it wasn’t a rejection of men but of the idea of need. 

In any case I still don’t understand what you’re getting at. What is inappropriate? What about family law bothers you? And what has Rapinoe in particular ever said or done that makes you think she is anti-man? 
I know who said it and who she was married to. I was talking about who adopted it and what it meant. It's not the exact quote or who exactly said it -- it's the sentiment.

I find it interesting reading other people's opinions on here.  I see a bunch of middle-age to older, middle to upper class, white men sharing their opinions on what they think of other races and women.  It's quite amazing really.

I see that rockaction does not approve much of women who are strong and independent.  I'm not sure I've ever heard him speak up about any men that treat women like they are below them though.  Misogyny gets ignored or passed over much quicker on here but when a women speaks up she gets blasted by some.  It's interesting. 

It can be done is a respectful manner.   But when someone is being intentionally disrespectful and I have no idea why people try to spin that as respectful.  
Again...first kneeling wasn't respectful...now not only must someone stand, they must put their hand on their heart and sing.

It is easy to think you 'win' arguements when you completely mischaracterize or ignore the real point.  
The points he talked about have been made in this thread.  Some are upset with her not putting her hand on her heart and singing...at least one was upset about her being a lesbian (at least politically and as to why he wouldn't support Title IX).

That's a wild mischaracterization of my opinions of your average lesbian's politics.
I would say it's a very common trait that lesbians who are in the headlines have, right?  The ones who get criticized the most.  What is it that bothers you so much about them?

Users who are viewing this thread