What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Will Levis, TEN (1 Viewer)

Titans QB Will Levis is believed to have suffered a sprained ankle in Sunday’s loss to the Texans, according to Ian Rapoport.

Despite telling reporters after the game, “I’m all right. It could have been a lot worse,” it appears that Levis may have indeed suffered a sprained ankle on Sunday. He’s set for an MRI on Monday to confirm the diagnosis. Levis completed 17-of-26 passes for 199 yards with an interception and was also sacked seven times, including the play on which he was crumpled and potentially injured. While the Titans were eliminated from playoff contention with the loss, they likely want to continue to start Levis and develop him heading into 2024. However, there may also be some concern that having him play behind this offensive line will instill more bad habits than good ones. We’ll have to wait to see what the MRI results are, but if Levis is unavailable, the Titans still have Ryan Tannehill and Malik Willis on their 53-man roster at quarterback.

On the radio, Levis said he just rolled his ankle, it isn't even sprained. Said it rolled in, not out.
High ankle sprain?
It's not that. I've had that.

Third or fourth time this year the Titans injuries are not what the staff says. If they were a better team, they'd probably be fined for it

Didn't practice but many didn't. 14 I think.
Expected him to have an easy week if he plays.
Vrabel said Tannehill would play if Levis doesn't

Titans coach Mike Vrabel said Will Levis (ankle) is expected to practice Wednesday.

He said he hopes Levis will be able to participate in the limited team activities they do in practice. It sounds like, at best, Levis will be listed as a limited participant. He missed last week with the sprained ankle he aggravated in Week 15. Levis had been dealing with the ankle issue for a while, and seven sacks at the hands of the Texans were enough to knock him out for at least a week. If he is forced to sit once again, Ryan Tannehill will draw the start versus the Texans in Week 17.

He seems to expect to play and many said he looked good/fine.

Ankle injuries from trying to "stay alive" or absorb a hit are very common for Titans QBs. I never looked league wide but always figured it's probably true.

Tannehill had elective surgery to theoretically improve his ankle issues but he hurt his this year anyway.

Imo, that's enough for Levis.
Yes he can learn from playing the same D two weeks later, but he can also from watching what Tannehill does against them.

:lmao:

Levis and tannehill gave gifts to the offensive linemen. Will’s gifts - suitcases.
Pack em up boys and get out of here!

Levis has four TDs in the last eight games (note partial due to injury) but he has a way, a look, a vibe, ya wanna see in a young QB

What do you all think of him?

Levis has four TDs in the last eight games (note partial due to injury) but he has a way, a look, a vibe, ya wanna see in a young QB

I think we can’t know his ability unless they fix the damn line. I don’t care if they had Mahomes back there, you need to give him opportunity to succeed.

FBG’s podcast this morning was asking whether Levis is Kenny Pickett. I really don’t see that, but they really should not take a replacement this year without fixing the line.

Can I bump this?
I'd like to hear more opinions

Can I bump this?
i agree with the above post, have to give him a chance to succeed, admittedly haven't seen a lot of his play live but from what saw he look composed considering the circumstances. think should be cautiously optimistic but get the guy some help

Last edited:
Reactions: Bri

Can I bump this?

Will readjust this assessment if the Titans either nail or bomb the draft, but for real life still probably a project who will show flashes but struggle most weeks. For fantasy, a flyer in QB1 redraft leagues that has some upside. Probably won't get the weapons or OL to say "he had a fair chance this year" and we'll be having this same question asked this time next year.

Reactions: Bri
With the Callahan and Holz hire, that means Levis gets Burrow's and Lawrence's coaches to work with and learn from.
I couldn't ask for better.
What's next? Herbert's QB coach?

Social media is saying they didn't develop Burrow or Lawrence. Yeah well when they were in the hiring cycle, that's exactly what was said. Bitter now? I don't wholly care right now. Titans got the OC they wanted for Levis and now the staff seems to be filled as many fans wanted. It's been a nice positive turn.

No matter how you slice it, Levis has had to step up in year two and we've been thinking that since the season ended.

Can we get a price check on Levis? Both in SF and start 1.

I have the top 2 picks in a normal league and the 18th pick. Is the 18th pick in IDP enough for Levis? Too much? That’s a rebuild with my only possibly viable QBs being O’Connell and Tannehill. (Also Darnold and Ty Taylor but that seems unlikely)

In SF, I’m less needy. But curious.

I don't have a price tag in mind, but he's a guy I'm going to target in this new Brian Callahan offense. I would try to get him cheap if you can because the buzz is going to build throughout the offseason.

Charles London was an odd no rehire here. I can trust Callahan's beliefs just wanted to say why.
Willis did work with other coaches but there wasn't any QB that supposedly improved moreso than him.
Levis had decision making issues and an unwillingness to throw left. I think he had one or two INTs in eight games and threw left just fine.
London seemed exactly like his prior stops- fix this, ok done.

Levis' college tape and every writeup mentions a rugged runner not afraid to take a hit. In Mariota's day it was upsetting they wouldn't let him run and adlib. It's a different world now with more athletic QBs than not. My thinking is the same- if it's his thing that makes him comfy, let him do it because his comfort is important.

Tuesday was meeting day. Day one of what needs to be a huge learning off-season where he puts the work in.

200 ypg won't cut it.
The worst line in football won't.
One WR worth a darn won't cut it.
Change is coming and he should be a huge benefactor but he has to put the work in.

Willis has shown to be an exceptional student so he's a pretty perfect backup for off-season work setting a bar Levis has to keep up with. Do not show up to camp with Willis knowing the new playbook and you don't.

Titans widely predicted to pick Alt or a WR and Skoronski moving to T is back on the table. Tee Higgins top WR free agent is often slotted to join the Titans.

Every box will supposedly be checked, the onus is gonna be on Levis to produce

With the Callahan and Holz hire, that means Levis gets Burrow's and Lawrence's coaches to work with and learn from.

Social media is saying they didn't develop Burrow or Lawrence. Yeah well when they were in the hiring cycle, that's exactly what was said. Bitter now? I don't wholly care right now. Titans got the OC they wanted for Levis and now the staff seems to be filled as many fans wanted. It's been a nice positive turn.

No matter how you slice it, Levis has had to step up in year two and we've been thinking that since the season ended.
Sorry, but wasn't he only in Jax last season? Developed Lawrence into what, a really bad QB after showing signs of being a good QB? Lawrence was worse by every conceivable metric last season than 2022. Unless I am missing something?

Sorry, but wasn't he only in Jax last season? Developed Lawrence into what, a really bad QB after showing signs of being a good QB? Lawrence was worse by every conceivable metric last season than 2022. Unless I am missing something?
That's fair

NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe reports the Titans still believe in Will Levis as their starting quarterback.
“The answer from talking to people there is they think they have their guy in Will Levis,” was Wolfe’s report after talking to people within the Titans’ organization. Moving on from coach Mike Vrabel and QB Ryan Tannehill, the Titans have the No. 7 overall pick, but would have to make a big move up to get any of the draft’s top three quarterbacks. Perhaps Michigan’s J.J. McCarthy will fall. Levis confirmed his mammoth arm as a rookie but left everything else up for debate. 2024 is definitely a make-or-break year.

NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe reports the Titans still believe in Will Levis as their starting quarterback.
“The answer from talking to people there is they think they have their guy in Will Levis,” was Wolfe’s report after talking to people within the Titans’ organization. Moving on from coach Mike Vrabel and QB Ryan Tannehill, the Titans have the No. 7 overall pick, but would have to make a big move up to get any of the draft’s top three quarterbacks. Perhaps Michigan’s J.J. McCarthy will fall. Levis confirmed his mammoth arm as a rookie but left everything else up for debate. 2024 is definitely a make-or-break year.
I thought "let's see if the new coach likes Levis" and then not only did he show he liked him but he involved him in the staff hiring process. What rookie QB has ever done that?

There's no way they draft a QB in the first.

Callahan's Malik comments were something like he remembers him having great athleticism and that backups must be ready to start. That then was inferred that Malik has to step up.

Adding a QB- Callahan said they would consider adding a veteran QB. He cited both Titans stats and NFL stats of average # QBs to play sooo it seems certain they'll look for depth.

Malik is again going through an off-season program of working with famous predraft QB coaches. After the enormous improvement last summer, everyone is curious what another year will do. There's no financial reason ot depth reason to cut him before camp.

Levis is NOT going thru that same program and that stinks. The Titans clearly designed a great routine and apparently it'll die off w Malik

One year ago people were saying he doesn't throw left much and is clearly uncomfy.
He had some issues in preseason and a couple games but Hopkins was on the right and where would you throw?
It seemed Charles London fixed him up.

Ridley and Nuk owners are going to be darn curious of this, this summer tho

Well I just
I hope he can hold off Mason Rudolph 😀
I hope so too as I just acquired him in superflex. I might have to grab Rudolph and hedge my bet.

FFPC SF
Gave: Kyler, Khalil Herbert, Roschon Johnson

Got: Levi’s, ETN, 1.06

The teams w new coaches can dip their toe in the water and have practices. I believe it's classroom time and walking thru plays to learn the new O and D.
Callahan spoke to the press for an hour plus yesterday which is a very cool n long amount of time.
A lot of what he said was already known. Just sort of had to have the new guy say he sees it too. That was good.
He commented a few times on Levis. One thing was how everyone knows when he's in the building, the way he walks in fired up and leading the guys.
I like how he talks of offense. He about said- we're gonna instill this offense, run it well, and be successful. No doubt. No give anyone extra time to learn coddling. Just oh we're doing this, climb onboard.
People will need some extra time and there will probably be some confusion and I guess we'll see then how it's dealt with but... how he presented himself yesterday was impressive and I think players will feed off that. I also think it sets a tone Levis can learn with and lead with.
Also following Vrabel and his big shadow, I think that was a real good showing for him

Users who are viewing this thread