What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Will Levis, TEN (1 Viewer)

Steelers are bottom 10 in coverage, however they are #8 in the league in pass rush according to pff.

Since levis had such poor stats against pressure last week. For what it is worth Atlanta is in the bottom 5 for pass rush this year according to pff.
True, but everyone forgets that he can scramble pretty well.

I'm trading in my Wranglers for Levis this week.....

Man, I was very anti this dude during the draft, but gotta say he is flashing some key attributes so far in his first couple NFL starts. Still way too early to crown his ***, but I like the way he doesn’t fall apart when his protection does.

Man, I was very anti this dude during the draft, but gotta say he is flashing some key attributes so far in his first couple NFL starts. Still way too early to crown his ***, but I like the way he doesn’t fall apart when his protection does.
That quick pass to Henry in the blindside blitz was a thing of beauty.

Im not watching the game and this is a serious question: His stats dont look good and Pitt has been pretty easy to pass on this year. What are you seeing tonight to make you impressed?

They lost. His box score wasn't good. He threw an int to end the game, but color me impressed. Definitely has the tools. Actually looked better then I would have thought. At Steelers? Tough matchup

so much power - flick of the wrist to throw a heater 40 yards

lots to clean up but dude is gonna make a lot of big time throws

might be ugly along the way but the upside is sky high IMO

Surprisingly he was dropped going into the week 7 byes in my 16 team dynasty league. I snapped him up.

Last edited:
he looked ok, missed some players that were wide open never looked their way. he doesn't look any different than tannehill if you ask me. kinda the same mistake prone eejit.

You left some key details out of your in-depth analysis... which is quite weak. I'll just assume that you are Ryan Tannehill (or his father, or agent, or wife, or... ).

he looked ok for a rookie making his second start ever in Pittsburgh on a short week, missed some players that were wide open never looked their way like rookies will do. he doesn't look any different than tannehill - a 12-year veteran on his 2nd team - if you ask me. kinda the same mistake prone eejit.

he looked ok, missed some players that were wide open never looked their way. he doesn't look any different than tannehill if you ask me. kinda the same mistake prone eejit.

Since this is his second career start and Tannehill is in his 11th year I'm not sure this is the best comparison.

Im not watching the game and this is a serious question: His stats dont look good and Pitt has been pretty easy to pass on this year. What are you seeing tonight to make you impressed?
He was under pressure in less than a second on almost every throw.

He was under pressure in less than a second on almost every throw.
Also, context. Titans OL came into the game starting a backup at RT. The LT got hurt so they had to re-arrange. Then the RG got hurt and they had to rearrange. Then the backup at RT got hurt, then another tackle. I probably have the order of events messed up but it was chaos on the OL with backups, rookie third-stringers, people playing unfamiliar positions, etc. Levis got a TON of pressure but handled it really well for a rookie in his 2nd start.

There is a lot to like about Levis. Great arm and throws a good deep ball, but can throw it with touch. Love his poise in the pocket. Needs to work on his clock in the pocket, tends to hold on to the ball too long. Quicker and better decision making will come with more experience. One play at the goalline, he should have continued with the play design since Hopkins ended up open at the back of the endzone on a crossing route,

But Levis has a lot of potential, and TEN should just go with him for the ROS. While TEN is 4-4, they don't have a chance of contending this year.

I slept on my scouting of him from last night's game. All that came to mind is that his arms both looked way bigger then I thought they would..

Last edited:
They lost. His box score wasn't good. He threw an int to end the game, but color me impressed. Definitely has the tools. Actually looked better then I would have thought. At Steelers? Tough matchup
He actually threw an earlier INT on that drive but it went right through the defenders hands.

He actually threw an earlier INT on that drive but it went right through the defenders hands.
Another advantage of having a cannon, makes it difficult for those corners to catch those. Do you know who leads the league in “almost” interceptions?

He's got a cannon. Not sure he has much else.
I highlighted this because for the most part it is true. BUT - there is so much to unwrap here especially after watching the second half last night. I honestly need to think about it some more but here are my initial thoughts (I didn't watch much of Levis in college).

1) He has a massive arm. He looks like he could throw it the length of the whole field if he wanted.
2) When he needs to his release can be very quick with a flick of the wrist. Some nice quick throws when he identified the blitz (one to Henry and one to Burks)
3) Looked poised and determined leading the team in the 4th quarter. For a rookie in his second game I think the team truly believed they could march down the field and score. I was actually really impressed with him taking his time at the line (when the clock was stopped) trying to read and figure out the D. When he had to hurry up with the clock running he was able to get everyone set and get the play called and snapped quickly.
4) The hurry-up is where things fell apart a bit as he didn't do a good job reading the defense and his throws weren't as accurate (not surprising for a rookie). He had the one pick late and nearly had another that went through a defenders hands.
5) Ball placement was off on a number of throws - low hitting the turf, out of bounds or in the middle of the field with low trajectory that nearly gets picked off. The bad passes were bad.
6) While he has a big arm, the NFL defenses are much better than college and he can't always fit balls into tight windows. I'm not sure if he can't see the defenders in the middle of the field or if he thinks he can fit the ball into places he shouldn't.

So when you say he might not have much else it isn't really true but the question should be: Can he fix his mistakes? Can he learn to read the defenses better under pressure, can he speed up his decision making and still make the correct and accurate throw? Once teams figure him out (they do with all rookie QBs) can he adapt and learn from his mistakes? Can he take what the defense is giving him?

From a fantasy perspective if he ends up throwing it 35 times a game that will be great for the pass catchers.

Lots to unwrap from the game from positives to negatives for Levis.

Another advantage of having a cannon, makes it difficult for those corners to catch those. Do you know who leads the league in “almost” interceptions?
What are you saying? Why not just say it or don't say anything at all. I don't care about playing any who games. It was a bad decision to throw that pass. The defender barely had to move - he just stood there and Levis threw it to him. Did you see it? Those are the mistakes that could get him benched.

He's got a cannon. Not sure he has much else.
I highlighted this because for the most part it is true. BUT - there is so much to unwrap here especially after watching the second half last night. I honestly need to think about it some more but here are my initial thoughts (I didn't watch much of Levis in college).

1) He has a massive arm. He looks like he could throw it the length of the whole field if he wanted.
2) When he needs to his release can be very quick with a flick of the wrist. Some nice quick throws when he identified the blitz (one to Henry and one to Burks)
3) Looked poised and determined leading the team in the 4th quarter. For a rookie in his second game I think the team truly believed they could march down the field and score. I was actually really impressed with him taking his time at the line (when the clock was stopped) trying to read and figure out the D. When he had to hurry up with the clock running he was able to get everyone set and get the play called and snapped quickly.
4) The hurry-up is where things fell apart a bit as he didn't do a good job reading the defense and his throws weren't as accurate (not surprising for a rookie). He had the one pick late and nearly had another that went through a defenders hands.
5) Ball placement was off on a number of throws - low hitting the turf, out of bounds or in the middle of the field with low trajectory that nearly gets picked off. The bad passes were bad.
6) While he has a big arm, the NFL defenses are much better than college and he can't always fit balls into tight windows. I'm not sure if he can't see the defenders in the middle of the field or if he thinks he can fit the ball into places he shouldn't.

So when you say he might not have much else it isn't really true but the question should be: Can he fix his mistakes? Can he learn to read the defenses better under pressure, can he speed up his decision making and still make the correct and accurate throw? Once teams figure him out (they do with all rookie QBs) can he adapt and learn from his mistakes? Can he take what the defense is giving him?

From a fantasy perspective if he ends up throwing it 35 times a game that will be great for the pass catchers.

Lots to unwrap from the game from positives to negatives for Levis.
Good post, lots of good points. Overall I am extremely impressed (and shocked) that he is performing the way he is in his second start. His oline is a mess and really does not have too many targets to lean in right now outside of Hop. The question (like all young players with talent) is…how much will he improve. Right now though, TEN has to be excited.

Second NFL start for a rookie QB.

Tanny has played in 150 games. Judgement should not be rushed after 2 games.
I'd agree with this.

there were certainly times when he looked good and times when he didnt (as is typical for a rookie)

the first completion to Hopkins was nice. Hopkins wasnt really open. the coverage was good, but he zipped it in there in just the right spot where Hopkins could get it but the defender couldnt and put enough on the ball that the defender couldnt move on it.

but it was a bit of a different story with the Steelers as they are a better defense than the bears and they had some film on the guy. its now up to Levis to show he can change as the defense adapts to him

I thought Levis looked like the real deal. Tough to overstate how bad the O line was last night. I really appreciated the way he took risks with the ball on the final drive. It obviously ended badly, but that was the only way they had a chance to win. Too many young qbs would hold onto the ball, waiting for someone to get open against a prevent-ish scheme, and take sacks. That’s how I thought the game would end. He seems to get the calculus of risk in that moment. If he can learn and grow, and if the Titans O line improves, I think he becomes a high-level starter.

The question (like all young players with talent) is…how much will he improve. Right now though, TEN has to be excited.
Certainly optimistic and curious to see how he improves. If nothing else, the titans will probably be able to get one of the multiple high end T prospects instead of trying to reach on a QB or trade up for one. That, along with some cap space, is cause for excitement in 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread