What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Will Levis, TEN (1 Viewer)

The Nashville Tennessean reports rookie QB Will Levis “has had his fair share of impressive outings.”
This adds to reports the No. 33 pick has been winning over veterans with his play this preseason. Levis is competing with Malik Willis for the No. 2 quarterback job, a competition the Titans expect him to win. With Ryan Tannehill coming off an injury-shortened 2022 and in a contract year, a losing season or Tannehill going down sets up Levis for rookie year starts.
Preseason hasn't started. Weird link title

The Nashville Tennessean reports rookie QB Will Levis “has had his fair share of impressive outings.”
This adds to reports the No. 33 pick has been winning over veterans with his play this preseason. Levis is competing with Malik Willis for the No. 2 quarterback job, a competition the Titans expect him to win. With Ryan Tannehill coming off an injury-shortened 2022 and in a contract year, a losing season or Tannehill going down sets up Levis for rookie year starts.
Preseason hasn't started. Weird link title
🤷 I don’t take issue with people referring to these practices as the preseason.

Levis had a meh day today.
His oops was not scoring a TD in red zone drill and electing for a short pass to RB on third.
TD to Roberson and Dowell
Couple drops
Ran a keeper but nothing big came of it, still he hasn't run much so it's a start
Rather unexciting day

Levis was sharp today with a clutch pass to Harrison in two minute drill.

Tannehill was off bad without Nuk today and then Willis n Levis did well. Then Tannehill got it together and finished 6 for 6. Nice for the young guys

Vrabel's asked of Levis, complimented his command of the huddle and using arm talent at times, still needs to work on crossers and some other things

QB coach explained Levis is starting to get comfortable and layering throws the way he should. Compared it to a golf club bag and he's been playing the game with just a few clubs now he's learning to use them all. The last couple days he's finally getting comfortable and he thinks it's shown.

Asked about Vrabel's comments the other day about him working crossers right, he said he's come a long way and they'll continue to work on things until he gets everything down. It's important to not give him more than he can handle and let him grow at his own pace.

I don't at all get "ready to play" from this.
I simply get that he's coming along and there's no rush....as I've been saying.

Titans won't name preseason starting QB which means it's Malik and they don't want reporters or fans creating some dialogue that messes with the patience given to Levis above.
Levis already compares himself to the top QBs of the draft and the new GM traded up for him and there isn't a negative here so don't let people create one

It’s great to see Willis actually played fairly well.
IMO, the ideal would be having Willis able to serve as backup at least through the first ten weeks or so, Tannehill finishes the season solidly as the titans stay in contention. Next year it’s a full competition between Willis and Levis.

Tim Kelly talking about how he now has tape they can say this is why we want this, why we do that etc. He wanted one thrown away. Good job keeping some plays alive

After watching, I thought he looked nervous.

I don't much care to evaluate when a guy looks that way his first preseason game. I don't see any polish or poise or sitting in the pocket as QBs do but I'm discarding the whole thing. He showed his arm a bit and I liked that of course

I don't get "first round pick" at all from what I saw. As I said in other thread, I'm whiney other rookies look so prepared so much like a typical QB and the Titans don't.

Fine day regular nothing exciting written.

Relax, relax was what he heard and that's just what I wanted too. I'm glad. Since the game many have said he's a fine thrower on the run, nice athletic throws but nervous in the pocket his feet are all sorts of wrong and always have been. If the Titans can get him relaxed, he should perform much better quickly.

Kelly blamed the backup QBs for four of eight sacks holding the ball too long

Not much said in him in team work today. He did fine. I guess nothing bad nothing too special/good from that.
That's fine too. New defense, no mistakes, that's fine

Wyatt has Levis 4 for 4 yesterday.
He ran a couple drives. One fizzled, other a long TD to Dowell

Injured or possibly sick today. Unclear. Went to medical tent and didn't return. Vrabel said just that they'll reevaluate time for game if necessary

Back at practice
Thigh or hammy issue

I see Tannehill notes and Willis notes but none for him. I'm guessing he didn't participate in 11 on 11s.

Trending towards playing Friday but I gotta point out it's twofold-
Hypocritical to rest anyone dinged up and push him to play
Needs the exposure badly. They need tape to coach him on too

Wyatt has Levis participating, doing pretty well, AND coming in after Tannehill before Malik.
Last day of camp

Not playing
Never made it to second string.

My thoughts-
He needed to layer throws better and learn where to throw and he needed to smash the huge issue/ tape evidence that he won't throw left and if he does is awful at it.
I know they worked on the left issue a lot and he did complete many to the left. I don't have any idea if he's equally confident all over the field.
All throws have become way better and he came in with an arm people talked about.

Decision making was a big concern because Titans are weird and draft guys with decision making probs when there's plenty that famously make good decisions.
It's hard to know on this. He threw INTs at a rate similar to both other QBs. Really not sure how we'd know from the little we've got to work with by reports. I can say he didn't throw it away as much as Malik and Tannehill. Does that mean anything though?

Will he play in 2023?
I've long said I don't expect him to.
I've long said their Costco offensive line should keep him off the field too.

Gimme the right matchup at DL, give me the line performing well... maybe.

He's been a good dude and he's done a very good job as a leader. As they wanted, intangible wise he's been excellent just a few hiccups of gf needing to shush or stay away but that's kind of normal life stuff.

I'd play Malik behind a questionable offensive line over him without much thought. I'd play Malik over Tannehill a week here n there if they face a great DL and it seems uhoh for Tannehill. The line impacts the game sooo much. Those weeks, give it to Henry 40 times and let Malik look like a kid on a playground.

I think everybody has to step back and really strongly think of all the young QBs that have been shellacked. I wouldn't do it to Levis.

I've said the Titans appear patient and nothing has changed. He surely could play thru a sore muscle today but....there's the patience. Telling ya, there is no rush here

Vrabel said he's going to split backup reps between the two all year and maybe give Tannehill a rest day here n there to get them more reps.
This is partially untrue coachspeak because someone is running the scout team.
Posting same in Willis thread

There's nothing to lend towards starting him. Everyone wants hope. Everyone wants to see the shiny penny that a high draft pick is.

Couldn't beat out the backup QB. Missed a bunch of camp and preseason. Plan was to sit him.
OL allows a ton of sacks and pressures. WRs can't get separation besides Nuk. Starting TE has been miserable. Blocking TE pulled and has been better since. OC not using the run game the team is rooted in.

Ya don't put a rookie in that scenario unless they're Tim Couch or David Carr and ya want them afraid of the shellacking they take.

Willis' ability to run is a fantastic fit but he has a dunderhead drive followed by a wow drive and idk if that's sustainable for a win. He either scores or gives the ball to the D that the punter actually punts less. Idk that I've ever seen a stat like that mentioned about a QB.

I want the Houdini from Jacksonville PS but it'll probably be Willis and you'll all see his heckyl and Jekyll play

Both QBs are expected to play because they don't do enough things like the Browns and Texans did during their bad years.

Few things-
This is IF Tannehill doesn't play and he is out of his boot.
Levis has been running the scout team and hasn't run the plays instilled this season. IE He's working on the preseason playbook.
They're making a change at left tackle this week too

Despite rumors- nothing from the team that they're doing a fire sale.
If you think it through...both the GM and coach would probably be fired if they lose out or tank.
Vrabel's record in last 25 would be 2-23.
Maye and Caleb are far better prospects than Levis and GMs don't get a redo.

I expect Tannehill back sooner than later. (There is a Thursday game after) and a desire to NOT be in a position to draft the top QBs.
It should be a ton of Henry runs.
It's possible they want to showcase Malik for a trade

I grabbed him because I am desperate for a QB. Just hoping to see some semblance of fantasy competence.
Good luck
There seems to be very little for fantasy in the Titans passing game besides Nuk.
It would be welcome to see a spark for sure

Jim Wyatt
@jwyattsports
·
25m
#Titans HC Mike Vrabel: We may run the plays in with the QBs, could be by series, every two series. Excited to see Will Levis and Malik Willis if Ryan Tannehill can't play

Jim Wyatt
@jwyattsports
·
25m
#Titans HC Mike Vrabel: We may run the plays in with the QBs, could be by series, every two series. Excited to see Will Levis and Malik Willis if Ryan Tannehill can't play
I think we’ve seen enough of Malik at this point to know what he is. This will be a good opportunity for Levis. If he’s playing decent and not turning the ball over, I think he’ll play the whole game and potentially could take this job from Tannehill. He’s been atrocious.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Will Levis is expected to start in Week 8 against the Falcons.

Rapoport added that Levis would see “most of the snaps.” Malik Willis could be in the mix, but it won’t be for more than a few designed run plays. Ryan Tannehill is out for Week 8 with an ankle injury and could miss more time as well. Expectations for the second-round rookie should be low in his first start and any notion of Willis seeing time keeps Levis off the fantasy radar. Fantasy managers should avoid the situation altogether outside of stashing Levis in Superflex leagues.

Can someone who watched the game comment on how he looked?
For the most part, he looked pretty good. Poised in the pocket, good decisions, and not afraid to throw the ball anywhere on the field. He seemed to see the field well and recognized what the D was giving him and/or daring him to do. Impressive stuff out of a 2nd round rookie who's been inactive or injured most of the season.

Two things I noticed, his arm is stronger than I thought and I thought he had a cannon. Some of the bombs he through were in the clouds and perfectly on target and it didn't even look like he was trying. And the second is his willingness to throw the ball deep. Most rookies or backups look scared in that sense. Levis let it fly.

Now the part that matters moving forward. Atlanta dared Levis to beat them deep. They let Titans receivers run one on one the entire game and Levis made them pay. Hopkins is still a legitimate #1. I'm not sure how anyone could have came away unimpressed with Levis. He surpassed my expectation but from here we get to see how he reacts to defenses that start to take away what he's good at after getting some tape. Great game today to be sure, but keeping it real, it happened against a team that was overmatched on the outside but simply refused to adjust. Typically dinosaur thinking from an NFL staff.

Didn’t pull the trigger on picking him up in SF last week based on the Willis combo. Now it’s going to cost a fortune in FAAB this week.

Last edited:
Didn’t pull the trigger on picking him up in SF last week based on the Willis combo. Now it’s going to cost a fortune in FAAB this week.
I pulled my bid after hearing the nonsense about a 2QB system with him and Willis. Levis put all that to rest with some great throws and now I won't be getting him on any of my teams. He's going to be EXPENSIVE if you play in FAAB leagues, especially deep and/or super flex leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread