What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Will Levis, TEN (1 Viewer)

The Titans schedule is difficult (for them) and they don't usually start well so it's a pretty safe prediction the opportunity will be there for Levis (or miracle Willis) to play.

Name a Titans QB that they developed well? Several of the same guys are still with the team since Mariota but not his QB coach Jason Michael. Pat OHara has a knack for working with veterans not rookies. Charles Robinson was Ridder's coach that just joined the team to fix this problem

BUT as bad teams do- they have yet another offensive coordinator and massive turnover on offense.

Decision making problems- this takes time
It takes mistakes being made, coached up, retrained, test again over n over til the thinking is correct.

Sean Clifford is smart, safe, with well placed passes. Levis tried to outdo him and use the arm to throw far or hard for the sake of showing off his arm and...then he transferred and started to develop a QB brain not an immature one. He's not ready to make good decisions- it's in every draft critique by every writer- and that takes time.

I do not think this will be rushed at all. Not one bit.

I would bet moreso on him sitting all year or playing the final 4-5 games.

Willis or any random Josh Dobbs guy would be preferred rather than rushing him and not rewiring Levis' brain. One radio host compared him to Mahomes in Kansas City his rookie year. Who was next up on that team Chad Henne?

There's a fear that he becomes Jameis Winston (or a bunch of other same type guys).

Matt Hasselbeck has gotten some recent interviews and said he doesn't expect him to play til 2024 unless it's to handoff.

I understand I keep "beating a dead horse" here so I'll stop, anything can surely happen

The “they passed on him twice” part is laughable. They “passed” on the “opportunity” to give up Way too much to move to 3 (I’m not even sure the cardinals would have taken the same offer by the titans over the Texans anyway) and presumably they preferred Richardson. So what? So did many others.
Passing on him at 11 to get a potential future HoF Guard is completely fine. Sko was the better pick.
Levis has his warts. Most players, especially rookies do. But we’ll see how it turns out. I do think he was a good selection and landed in a good spot. Hopefully Henry hasn’t lost a step or left the team when Levis gets his chance.

Vrabel wasn't happy with a throw today. Everyone's highlight reel catch to rookie TE Whyle. He said it probably would have been picked by a veteran defender and they're going to show him and go over it again in meetings.
Also there was a sideline throw he shouldn't have made. Hard to explain but I guess it's if he was going through his reads, he never would have completed that pass then.

There's a whole lot of favorable tweets and comments about Levis today, first day in front of reporters.

Other players commented already about him studying a lot.

Good day with the issues brought to light to work on right away. How day one should have gone

NBC Sports' Peter King believes a slow start by the Titans could result in Will Levis starting for the team by November.​

This doesn't come as much of a surprise after head coach Mike Vrabel left the door open for the possibility of Levis starting just days after the team selected him with the No. 33 overall pick. The Titans may have one more playoff push in them in the final year of Ryan Tannehill's deal, but it's more likely than not they'll begin building for the future at some point this season. Levis is expected to open the offseason as the QB3 behind Malik Willis, but we wouldn't expect that to last for too long. The Titans reportedly tried to trade back into the first round to take Levis after his draft day slide but were unable to get a deal done. He'll almost certainly start games as a rookie, as the Titans will want to know what they have in him heading into 2024.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.comFootbal
May 8, 2023, 8:51 AM ET
I believe this is old news.

Observations From Titans Rookie Minicamp on Saturday

Excerpt:

All eyes were on second-round pick Will Levis at the start, and one thing that stood out to me was how effortless the quarterback's arm motion is while throwing the football. With a flick of the wrist, Levis delivered passes to his fellow rookie teammates on Saturday. His most eye-opening completion went to tight end Josh Whyle on the last play of practice. Levis, sporting a blue headband under his helmet and a red No.8 jersey, wasn't perfect. In fact, the first snap in a team period was mishandled, and the football ended up on the ground, as coach Mike Vrabel discussed afterward. But I thought Levis settled in and looked smooth running the ball and throwing it, whether he was in the pocket or on the move.

Observations From Titans Rookie Minicamp on Saturday

Excerpt:

All eyes were on second-round pick Will Levis at the start, and one thing that stood out to me was how effortless the quarterback's arm motion is while throwing the football. With a flick of the wrist, Levis delivered passes to his fellow rookie teammates on Saturday. His most eye-opening completion went to tight end Josh Whyle on the last play of practice. Levis, sporting a blue headband under his helmet and a red No.8 jersey, wasn't perfect. In fact, the first snap in a team period was mishandled, and the football ended up on the ground, as coach Mike Vrabel discussed afterward. But I thought Levis settled in and looked smooth running the ball and throwing it, whether he was in the pocket or on the move.
Sounds good, even with the errors. Now is the time to make these mistakes and learn.

Like him, don't love him. His leadership skills, body language and attitude worry me a bit. His ceiling is probably as a mid-range QB. And that's if everything goes perfectly. He could also be a Josh Rosen.

Levis was legit third string during OTAs with third string reps.
Interesting how they're not handing him anything. I fully expected he'd run with the ones to see how he looks.

This has always my preferred approach.

Do I expect camp to go differently? Yep! But he'll have to stew on being third string for weeks and hopefully be motivated to work on technique and study the playbook etc.

Levis was legit third string during OTAs with third string reps.
Interesting how they're not handing him anything. I fully expected he'd run with the ones to see how he looks.

This has always my preferred approach.

Do I expect camp to go differently? Yep! But he'll have to stew on being third string for weeks and hopefully be motivated to work on technique and study the playbook etc.
Didn't he play hurt and alot of starters got hurt around him last year. Basically the team sucked. He does have great size and athleticism. Intriguing to be honest.

Im in a 12 tm ppr dynasty with 1qb starting now but superflex in 2025. I reached for him at 2.1 (13 overall) as I didn’t like any of the wrs or rbs enough there and I have depth. Ended up getting the last falling Rb at 3.4 in tank Bigsby too. Hope Levis is as good as I believe (top tennish)

Im in a 12 tm ppr dynasty with 1qb starting now but superflex in 2025. I reached for him at 2.1 (13 overall) as I didn’t like any of the wrs or rbs enough there and I have depth. Ended up getting the last falling Rb at 3.4 in tank Bigsby too. Hope Levis is as good as I believe (top tennish)
Definitely a fine pick there.
For me, anyone in the second is developmental and initially will either not play or only play in spots so I shoot for the moon. I can't imagine anyone else with a higher ceiling than him in the 2nd.

Still third string based on WRs he's throwing to.
Increased amount of snaps to be the same as Malik Willis. That's a step.
OC complimented Levis on not making repeat mistakes.

He hasn't thrown an INT yet became a discussion point. Rookie Mariota went a llllong time without doing so and was a fine rookie with a limited offense and team. Levis said it's not the same. Discussion was WRs batting balls and DBs quitting on a play where they could. Had a nice way of explaining that's how I learn. Real good response from him.

He hasn't thrown an INT yet became a discussion point. Rookie Mariota went a llllong time without doing so and was a fine rookie with a limited offense and team. Levis said it's not the same. Discussion was WRs batting balls and DBs quitting on a play where they could. Had a nice way of explaining that's how I learn. Real good response from
I'd be curious to see what the discussions were on this board for Josh Allen. This guy played hurt his last year in college on a team that was terrible. I didn’t like his cocky attitude before the draft but who cares. Maybe being selected in the 2nd rd will humble him. It's only OTAs.

He hasn't thrown an INT yet became a discussion point. Rookie Mariota went a llllong time without doing so and was a fine rookie with a limited offense and team. Levis said it's not the same. Discussion was WRs batting balls and DBs quitting on a play where they could. Had a nice way of explaining that's how I learn. Real good response from
I'd be curious to see what the discussions were on this board for Josh Allen. This guy played hurt his last year in college on a team that was terrible. I didn’t like his cocky attitude before the draft but who cares. Maybe being selected in the 2nd rd will humble him. It's only OTAs.
Sorry, earlier thread meant to sat Allen when his was first drafted.

Perfect reads, perfect mechanics, 2-3 INTs and four dropped passes on poorly placed balls.
Said to be what was expected, that he's doing it the right way is all that matters right now.

PK shared a video yesterday of QBs doing a simple throwing drill where they shuffle, shuffle, then coach points to a direction and the must turn set their feet and throw.
Tannehill looked like an ol pro. Willis looked very good except lack of zip on one pass. Levis did not turn his bod to the left. Not at all. Threw across his bod.
After yesterday, it's good to hear he was doing things properly.
One drill, not to overstate it, just it does illustrate improvement and Titans awareness that he has issues throwing to the left

Bad day. Last day of minicamp.
Two INTs followed by putting unnecessary "mustard" on passes and then throwing too soft and getting pulled.
It sounds to me like the Titans are absolutely nailing his decision making problems this spring. Idk if calculated but if so brilliant coaching. That's where he is to struggle and learn.
He's allowed to lose his head. I don't think anyone cares too much. If ya push n push n push it's a possible scenario for sure.

Now he needs to go home and clear his head, watch the tape he was given, and progress with mental reps. Do a lot of "oh I see that now."

The newness and the nerves will wear off some too. It's good for him to get away and return.

Zero concern. Still high expectations. I am so happy with Vrabel's staff and newbie QB coach for pushing him and not handing him a darn thing. Love it and sincerely believe he will be better for it.

Before his 2022 Injuries Will Levis was Being Watched as Potential No. 1 Overall Draft Pick

Kentucky football fans certainly know that quarterback Will Levis was not as good overall in 2022 as he was in 2021 but they also knew he dealt with not only a faulty offensive line at times but also injuries he did not encounter in 2021.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films went on Nashville radio’s “104.5 The Zone” with Brent Dougherty and Ron Slay to talk about Levis, the second-round draft pick of the Tennessee Titans.

“Levis got hurt early in the season, and in fact, was told by the doctors that he probably shouldn’t even be playing,” Cosell told Slay and Dougherty. “Levis said, ‘No, that ain’t happening, I’m playing football,’ and (Kentucky) had to change their entire offense.

“Everything they did through the month of August through the first two, three weeks, they had to scrap a lot of that because he just physically couldn’t do it. So he did not look anywhere near as good this year as he did in 2021.”

However, Cosell said pre-injury Levis was really good and could return to that form with the Titans as he gets over his 2022 injuries.

“I remember last summer watching his tape from 2021 and saying if he had a good year, he could be the first pick in the draft,” Cosell told the show hosts. “I was told by this particular coach that when the NFL came in, in the month of August, the scouts came away from watching Levis in the month of August and training camp for Kentucky saying, ‘This guy’s phenomenal.’

“But then he got hurt. Two injuries, not just one.”

Hopkins signing probably locks him into what I said earlier- he's sitting year one
expected - unless injury or if they fall out of playoff race. red shirt 1st yr and thats not a bad thing.

Tenn can move on from Tanny next year - he'll get his shot then.

Hasn't signed contract
Not expected to show for QB/rookie report day
Reporters wil ask for details tomorrow

If he wants to succeed in Vrabel-ville then he will show up

Titans signed second-round QB Will Levis to a four-year contract.

Levis, who fell out of the first round, doesn’t have full guarantees or a fifth-year option on his rookie deal. The No. 33 pick is expected to pass second-year QB Malik Willis on the Titans’ depth chart this preseason and sit behind Ryan Tannehill as the No. 2 quarterback to open the year. Tennessee’s decision to not extend Tannehill in a contract year sets Levis up to make starts if the Titans don’t make the playoffs. The Titans’ signing of all-pro WR DeAndre Hopkins this offseason gives potential Year 1 ROI for bettors hedging Levis against Tannehill.

Levis, who fell out of the first round, doesn’t have full guarantees or a fifth-year option on his rookie deal. The No. 33 pick is expected to pass second-year QB Malik Willis on the Titans’ depth chart this preseason and sit behind Ryan Tannehill as the No. 2 quarterback to open the year. Tennessee’s decision to not extend Tannehill in a contract year sets Levis up to make starts if the Titans don’t make the playoffs. The Titans’ signing of all-pro WR DeAndre Hopkins this offseason gives potential Year 1 ROI for bettors hedging Levis against Tannehill.
Yeah, that last part right? That the Hopkins signing doesn't equate to an all-in with Tannehill. Just seems like the sooner they transition into what window may develop, the better.

Yeah, that last part right? That the Hopkins signing doesn't equate to an all-in with Tannehill. Just seems like the sooner they transition into what window may develop, the better.
I hear ya.
It's not even a discussion point until/if he beats out Willis which he didn't do in the spring.
They haven't gifted Levis anything and there's been a lot of quotes that they won't and he has to earn it.
It's simple today- The Titans had many starters on D and almost all of their starting secondary absent for much of the spring.
In the limited starter snaps, Willis looked sharp, then he'd make a mistake, then clearly learn and correct. Levis just struggled against them. If Levis can't beat the second string D with the first string offense the discussion of him playing in 2023 is over.

Levis has time. He's got preseason and intersquad practices against two teams too. Maybe he learned and went home and studied and...maybe he comes into camp rocking.

I think there's only eight practices in camp that are just Titans. If Willis improved as much as he did, giving him some reps after Tannehill....I don't think there's enough time and opportunity to beat out Willis. It's going to take something like him torching the Pats D or some preseason defense. Eight (while installing a new offense) is simply not that many to accomplish what people expect of Levis. It's a real big ask

The 2d rd pedigree makes it easier for the team to not play him if he doesnt show ability - Jets took the disaster that was Hackenberg in the 2d rd and he never took a regular season game snap before he was cut. If Levis looks shaky he could be passed over easily

The 2d rd pedigree makes it easier for the team to not play him if he doesnt show ability - Jets took the disaster that was Hackenberg in the 2d rd and he never took a regular season game snap before he was cut. If Levis looks shaky he could be passed over easily
Hackenburg was kinda unique, plus Levis drafted top of the round, which makes a difference. He'll get a shot at some point, whether he succeeds of course remains to be seen.

Hackenburg was kinda unique, plus Levis drafted top of the round, which makes a difference. He'll get a shot at some point, whether he succeeds of course remains to be seen.
I don't mean to be negative as if he's done already.
The Titans admitted a lot of blame, put blame on Willis too and rethought how they'd develop QBs.
They're more patient and trusting of their process now. Levis will do abc before he's allowed to do xyz. Whatever it is just Levis is going to learn the right way and with Tannehill there is no reason to get off track.
They're still very optimistic that Levis is the future of the franchise.
Willis has been thought of incorrectly since predraft last year by everyone on earth so he's a total wild card in this deck.

Still in shorts til probably Monday.
Only three passes for him, four for Malik, both perfect.

Yesterday's presser Vrabel was complimentary of this guy putting the work in, then that guy, then the next and he paused on Levis and said he improved his touch on passes.
Sixth year of Vrabel, that was probably more "we're not giving you a thing, earn it" or setting a standard or whatever. Vrabel was clearly not unhappy or annoyed and we know he would have been if it were negative

Defense was sharp today.
Levis forcing it, didn't handle it well.

Ran to one side of field to avoid the rush yet it was a heavy play with all the WRs on the opposite side.
Another play described as a bad int, a pick six, or not a good throw.

Typical rookie stuff.
I guarantee he's setup tomorrow to see if he learned. Maybe put first string CBs against 9-11th WRs for a few plays maybe? A play to a depth TE and Byard told to smother him? Idk how but he's gotta know they (kind of) wanted today to happen so they can see poise n patience the next day.

4 for 4 today with a nice pass to Roberson

Not much work for him. Owner and GM were in attendance and pads come on Monday so whatever reason you may have thought for him to get a push- that didn't happen. Clearly an "earn it" mentality by the organization

More on only four passes- Levis worked with QB coach on layering throws on the side and struggled with it. No comments about it so I guess "we'll work on that more on Monday" is their mindset

Heckuva day today.
Willis struggled for a possession with the short game on one possession even hit Dillard's helmet.
Levis started red hot with those three TDs in red zone 7 on 7
11 on 11s
Willis settled down nicely then Levis simply cooled down to regular play.
They subbed the young QBs in one play after another and neither did much as the D stepped up.
RedZone again 11 on 11
Willis with three TDs then next time out a TD on first play so sorta four in a row.(two pass)
One designed run where the D read it and he faked and turned on the speed to beat two defenders. One where he scrambled, no one was open, so he ran it in.
Levis with another TD
Willis with a bullet to Roberson.

It seems that Racey is still struggling and each QB had to deal w that.

Posting same also in Willis thread
It reads like it was a heckuva competition today.

Re Levis- Vrabel yesterday, Tim Kelly today- it's just one day.
I'm definitely liking how they're bringing Levis along.
A ton of people still think there's urgency but Tannehill is starting so...relax and let him develop. It's not at all like the prominent rookie QBs

Pretty regular day for Levis

Under pressure threw a nice deep ball to Roberson but also a questionable spike to avoid a sack.

Fine, good, unspecial

Closed practice today, interviews after, day off yesterday with a lot of podcasts to listen to and Breer at camp.

Levis' red zone TDs were overblown as being a great day. The thing the coaches were singling him out for was his quick release and quick recognition. An issue in college and spring, red zone plays really brought it out in him and they were very happy.
He didn't look ready to challenge Malik yet when he ran with second string in 11s but did when he ran with 7s so still some progress to be made.
London called out his touch improving but still some work to be done. Can't make catches harder than they need to be and won't help with YAC.
Lot of praise on his studious-ness and for him seeking out Tannehill and Nuk to ask questions.
Doing very well as a leader since day one, still continues to

3 of 9 during a pouring rainy day per Wyatt.
All the QBs stunk, as expected, in the rain.

Henry had a day -good luck tackling him when his uniform is slippery wet- and he shared some moment with Levis where he told him to keep fighting keep learning and appreciates Levis' efforts

The Nashville Tennessean reports rookie QB Will Levis “has had his fair share of impressive outings.”
This adds to reports the No. 33 pick has been winning over veterans with his play this preseason. Levis is competing with Malik Willis for the No. 2 quarterback job, a competition the Titans expect him to win. With Ryan Tannehill coming off an injury-shortened 2022 and in a contract year, a losing season or Tannehill going down sets up Levis for rookie year starts.

Users who are viewing this thread