What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Malik Nabers, NYG (1 Viewer)

the Giants don't make good draft decisions like that anymore... their going QB and starting over again. Now if my Jets can get him!!

I'd be all over that as a Jets fan, but it's weird. I saw a tweet today that sobered me right up about their offensive line. They're still razor thin and they're depending on guys in their mid-thirties and guys who are oft-injured like AVT. I think they're still going OL, or at least they should still go OL.

But if Nabers is there he'd be tough to pass up.

6"199

40 times not remotely official on this two runs with one at 4.35 on one scouts watch and the second at 4.4.(several people are citing scouts on hand putting his times on the two runs between 4.34-4.4. I do not believe there is such thing as an "official" 40 time at a pro day"

Vertical jump: 42"
Broad jump: 10'9"

Last edited:
6"199

40 times not remotely official on this two runs with one at 4.35 on one scouts watch and the second at 4.4.(several people are citing scouts on hand putting his times on the two runs between 4.34-4.4. I do not believe there is such thing as an "official" 40 time at a pro day"

Vertical jump: 42"
Broad jump: 10'9"
Fantasy wise, he might be my #1
Thinking the same, although landing spot will probably be a factor.

I'm very happy to have the 1.02. Let the 1.01 make the decision and I'll take the other guy, no reason to try and move up in my opinion.
Will you still feel that way if one lands with the Chargers and the other one the Giants?
As mentioned upthread, the Giants would be a tough landing spot redraft-wise, but I'd still be bullish on him dynasty-wise assuming (read: hoping) the QB situation will improve after this year.

I'm very happy to have the 1.02. Let the 1.01 make the decision and I'll take the other guy, no reason to try and move up in my opinion.
Will you still feel that way if one lands with the Chargers and the other one the Giants?
As mentioned upthread, the Giants would be a tough landing spot redraft-wise, but I'd still be bullish on him dynasty-wise assuming (read: hoping) the QB situation will improve after this year.
I don't disagree at all with what you are saying but it would for me make the gap between 1 and 2 more sizeable and clear.

I don't disagree at all with what you are saying but it would for me make the gap between 1 and 2 more sizeable and clear.
I mainly agree, although if one of them ends up with the Giants, they're going to get peppered with targets and the running game will probably be less of an emphasis with Singletary replacing Barkley. The quality of targets would certainly be in question though relative to Herbert, even if the Chargers go very run heavy as expected.

I mainly agree, although if one of them ends up with the Giants, they're going to get peppered with targets and the running game will probably be less of an emphasis with Singletary replacing Barkley. The quality of targets would certainly be in question though relative to Herbert, even if the Chargers go very run heavy as expected.
I'm a little confused on where you are coming from. You say landing spot would determine who you would pick and now it seems like you are aruging it's not a big deal if one has Herbert and the other has Jones and then who knows.

For me it's an incrementally huge difference between Herbert vs a year of Jones and then however many years of hoping for a decent QB as I don't assume the QB situation would improve next year or the year after. Hope is not a plan.

Targets can fix a lot of issues. There have been a lot of examples of WR's switching teams and going with inferior QB's but actually doing better in fantasy due to targets. Vincent Jackson going from Rivers to Glennon/Josh Freeman was my poster child example for this for years. But you also got guys like Drake London who I cited earlier who has been dying for a QB so bad he's taking a big value jump on just getting a 36 year old QB coming off an achilles.

Saying all that I think Nabers can function better with an inferior QB then MHJ simply because he's such a YAC monster and they can likely create easier throws to him. I think the QB throwing to MHJ is a bigger impact then the one throwing to Nabers.

Matt Harmon
Prospect #ReceptionPerception profile on LSU WR Malik Nabers.

Some highlights:
- 74.4% success rate vs. man coverage
- 72.1% success rate vs. press coverage
- Broke multiple tackles on 20.5% when out in space, the highest rate among the last 4 draft classes

Full profile on the big-play machine, where he wins, where he needs work and a few comps:
receptionperception.com/malik-nabers-2…

I'm a little confused on where you are coming from. You say landing spot would determine who you would pick and now it seems like you are aruging it's not a big deal if one has Herbert and the other has Jones and then who knows.

For me it's an incrementally huge difference between Herbert vs a year of Jones and then however many years of hoping for a decent QB as I don't assume the QB situation would improve next year or the year after. Hope is not a plan.

Targets can fix a lot of issues. There have been a lot of examples of WR's switching teams and going with inferior QB's but actually doing better in fantasy due to targets. Vincent Jackson going from Rivers to Glennon/Josh Freeman was my poster child example for this for years. But you also got guys like Drake London who I cited earlier who has been dying for a QB so bad he's taking a big value jump on just getting a 36 year old QB coming off an achilles.

Saying all that I think Nabers can function better with an inferior QB then MHJ simply because he's such a YAC monster and they can likely create easier throws to him. I think the QB throwing to MHJ is a bigger impact then the one throwing to Nabers.
My point is that landing spot will be a factor, but not the only factor about which guy I would pick. Also, redraft and dynasty may have different outcomes. In any event, it's foolish to speculate now until the draft actually happens and we see who goes where.

There is a lot that goes into a receiver being successful at the NFL level. Quarterback play, offensive philosophy, play calling, surrounding cast, offensive line, personal work ethic…etc. My amateur eye test likes Nabers over MHJr as a prospect. I think both have a good chance at success and hope that each have an equal opportunity to do so. Unfortunately as we know, cards are not dealt the same for everyone so situation and landing spot does play a role. Those are fluid factors as well. Nabers is up there with Chase in my recent history of receiver prospects and I have him in a slight tier of his own in this class.

My current thinking is that the line between 1 and 2 is so fine, that location will dictate selection in most rookie drafts. Prediction: In a majority of leagues, 1.01 will select whomever goes to Arizona and 1.02 will select the other, whether it's LAC, NYG or NEP.

My current thinking is that the line between 1 and 2 is so fine, that location will dictate selection in most rookie drafts. Prediction: In a majority of leagues, 1.01 will select whomever goes to Arizona and 1.02 will select the other, whether it's LAC, NYG or NEP.
Watch AZ trade down again, take defense and ruin our plans.

Jordan Ranaan
LSU WR Malik Nabers on the Giants:

“I had a great dinner with those guys. Those are some funny guys to be around … I opened up my personality to those guys. It’s not hard to talk to them. They know me personally as a player.

“I heard Brian (Daboll), the head coach, he loves the way I play. It’s just great to be around the atmosphere with those guys again.”

H/T @Kat_Terrell

SCOUTD
🚨 BIG RANKING CHANGE

Malik Nabers is officially my WR1.

Before you call it prospect fatigue, attention baiting, or anything else, just hear me out below.

My reasoning:

1. This is not a knock in any way against Marvin Harrison Jr.. I think he’s as good as advertised, and a truly special player. He’s going to be a top WR in this league and deserves to be a very early pick. He’s still my 4th ranked prospect

2. The first area of differentiation for me is versatility. The NFL is a different game than it was 5 years ago. It’s all about moving parts, interchangeability, motion, and other unique things. Malik Nabers’ ability to win in any way imaginable—whether as a gadget guy, a route-runner, a deep-threat, or a short area mover—sets him slightly apart in my eyes. He’s the type of player who defensive coordinators will literally be terrified of.

3. On a short 3rd and down, where you need your #1 guy to plant, explode, and win in tight quarters on a quick route, I’d rather have Nabers. He’s always going to be your #1 option, in every circumstance, situation, or distance.

4. I’m essentially 50/50 on these 2 players. I think they are both top 3 WR prospects in the last 10 years. The preference should be different for every team when considering scheme fit. But to me, Malik has the slightly higher ceiling and the more universal fit across systems.

5. To explain where this is coming from. It’s not out of nowhere. I’ve felt 50/50 the entire draft process and haven’t had the guts to put Malik at 1. But my intuition has become too strong, and I can’t simply lie about how I feel. I know many people will disagree & be outraged, but I’ve spent a lot of time in the film room and feel this change was necessary

Hype machine is really building on Nabers vis-a-vis MJH. Do we really think that Nabers may be drafted before Marvin?

Hype machine is really building on Nabers vis-a-vis MJH. Do we really think that Nabers may be drafted before Marvin?
I think it’s much more likely that he goes after Odunze than before Harrison.
It will be interesting, as I do think some teams have Nabers #1 and I do not think it is hyperbole. Nabers tape is strong and he seems a little more explosive than the other two.

Dov Kleiman
LSU WR Malik Nabers has been called a “high maintenance” prospect who could struggle in a big city, per @TonyPauline

“There are off-the-field questions Nabers has had to answer to during the draft process, and teams must feel comfortable with those answers if they’re going to invest an early draft pick and millions of dollars in his services.”

Greg Gabriel
The “dirt” coming out on Malik Nabers yesterday and today is complete ********. Was charged with weapons possession in 2023 but charges were dropped. Saying he “can’t function” in a large city is asinine and irresponsible reporting.

While I absolutely have this guy at the top, it's not asinine to believe that teams are very worried about the weapons charges, even if they were dropped.

It will be interesting, as I do think some teams have Nabers #1 and I do not think it is hyperbole. Nabers tape is strong and he seems a little more explosive than the other two.
He's also 3 inches shorter and has off field concerns that they don't.

He's also 3 inches shorter and has off field concerns that they don't.
Complete BS

I think Odunze could go over Nabers and Nabers could go over MHJ. None of those scenarios would cause a ripple of surprise to me. Just depends on the team making the pick and what they want.

This late drag down of Nabers character actually makes me even more inclined to think he's the WR a team picking high wants and they are trying to get him to drop.

I think Odunze could go over Nabers and Nabers could go over MHJ. None of those scenarios would cause a ripple of surprise to me. Just depends on the team making the pick and what they want.

This late drag down of Nabers character actually makes me even more inclined to think he's the WR a team picking high wants and they are trying to get him to drop.
It would blow my mind if Harrison wasn't the 1st WR taken. I'm inclined to think all talk to the contrary, is teams just accepting they'll never get him, not all too different than teams hyping up guys other than Caleb Williams as the drafts best QB. Assuming QBs go 1-3, I think teams have contacted Arizona about #4, and been told the price is 3 1sts, because they want Harrison.

I'm confident all of the top-3 WRs will be top-10 overall picks. I'm becoming more open to Nabers going 3rd of the group, though I personally like him more than Odunze.

I'd certainly be happy to see Nabers (or any of them) make it to Chicago at #9.

Yes

Tex
The order of these 3 is totally up to the team drafting. I don’t think any is right or wrong. MH is probably the safe play.
Similarly, after Caleb I don’t think there’s a “right” QB2 or 3. Just preferences based on team philosophy / coaching staff.

Nabers with the chargers could be the best WR in the league. As could any in Chicago although there might be more of a delay there.

I'd still be staggered if Odunze went above MHJ.

I could see Nabers above both, and Odunze above Nabers. But not MHJ above Odunze. Might just be me though.

Users who are viewing this thread