What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colts @ Raiders - Week 8 Game Thread (1 Viewer)

No thread? 

Colts looked solid moving the ball on the hapless Raider D, scoring first on a pass caught one-handed by Alie-Cox.

Raiders with a couple of 3 and out series, IND drives the field and kicks a field goal.

Raiders then get some fire an drive the score with a nice TD to Seth Roberts.

Raiders currently driving at midfield in the middle of the 2nd Q.

For fantasy, Mack looking solid and getting work with 10 carries so far. Luck seems to be spreading the ball around a lot.

On the Raiders end, Doug Martin running with some violence and getting all the carries with Carr also spreading the ball - 7 receivers with one catch apiece.

Just hoping the Raiders can keep in this and make it a game.

Carr finally looking fantastic on a long ball -- standing tall and confident in the pocket, pump fake to Bryant to look off the D, big strike to Cook for a TD. 7 consecutive completions now.

Looking at the TD in replay to ensure Cook got the ball across before going down.

Raiders hold the Colts down low to a FG.

Vinatieri breaks Mortensen's NFL points scored record, getting his 2,547th point. 

ETA: Also breaks Mortensen's all time FG record, apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
General observation on game threads in here this year -- maybe not the right forum as so few are engaged here, but that's actually my point.

Lot of these game threads these days seem to go over a page, not much participation, and interesting that FBG completely bailed on creating them for the board every week (seemed to be in @Maurile Tremblay's wheelhouse every week). 

Maybe the reason why is that engagement was tailing off.

It's too bad, as that was the way I got a lot of trusted shark views on what was going on within the game in terms of flow, how players looked, etc.

Hoo-wee, Doug Martin getting a great hole and looking super speedy through the line on the left side and streaking down the field. Richard takes the ball through the same side of the line for another first down, putting them in 1st and goal. 4 straight first down plays.

Going for it 4th and 1. Single back, Carr keeps the ball for a sneak and goes up and over. Call was short, with a flag on the play -- offside, D, half the distance to the goal.

Gruden challenging that the ball broke the plane. Sure looked that way.

Going for it 4th and 1. Single back, Carr keeps the ball for a sneak and goes up and over. Call was short, with a flag on the play -- offside, D, half the distance to the goal.

Gruden challenging that the ball broke the plane. Sure looked that way.
for sure, though isn't the rule now that offside automatically stops the play?

also an interesting question, is it really worth using a challenge vs. getting 4 more shots from the 2 inch line?  I mean, I guess nothing's given, but an interesting probability question.

also an interesting question, is it really worth using a challenge vs. getting 4 more shots from the 2 inch line?  I mean, I guess nothing's given, but an interesting probability question.
Really good question. I guess after seeing the replay on the board, it looked clear to Gruden (and it looked clear to me live and in replay) so it's a risk to be sure, but seeing that, I'd have challenged too with confidence of winning the challenge and getting the points without having to keep retrying.

Not watching. Hilton being double teamed?
I'm looking for ya -- saw some bracket coverage early, but not sure he's specifically being constantly double-teamed as opposed to not getting open and Luck spreading the ball.

Doesn't have a catch yet, though which is weird -- but he has been targeted 3 times. Will keep watching to try and confirm why (coverage, scheme, bad throws or drops, etc.).

Raiders running hard to get into IND territory -- Martin with some tough running for extra few yards for the first, and a great outside sweep right for Richard called back on holding.

Martin with another nice run pushing past the line for a short gain for 1st down. Raiders run game looks sound if not spectacular in lieu of Lynch.

Carr sends 4 receivers out with Richard in the right flat, Margus Hunt, Colts' DE had Carr in the grasp but Carr escapes and hits Brandon LeFell streaking open across the middle of the back of the EZ.

Touchdown Raiders.

Even if  that is true, it doesn't make it hyperbolic.

Hyperbolic would be "Doug Martin shouldn't even be in the league."

i do think he's got you there, tom.
Get a dictionary; watch the game.

If you don't think the statement "Doug Martin is not good" is exaggeration and overstatement -- in context with a game where he's moving piles, looking quick, and already amassed 71 yards off 12 carries, then we can agree to disagree and I'll keep my own opinion on your interpretation of the English language and football acumen to myself.

If you think overall Martin isn't a good back NFL wise overall, absolutely entitled to that opinion. He's got a lot to prove. Without context, though, gotta take a statement at the face value it's offered at.

Again, let's move on. Not worth the time.

Never seen Hilton disappear like this. Decoy today. He playing hurt?
No word on any injury I've heard.

Just caught a great ball over the middle for a nice catch splitting defenders and the zone, though.

ETA, it's 2nd and 5 in the red zone and Hilton was pulled to the sideline. Weird, maybe he is dinged.

Hines stuffed by Whitehead and another defender on 1st.

2nd and goal, Hilton back out in the slot, targeted on a quick inside slant and almost intercepted by Harris who jumped the route.

3rd and goal, Mack takes it right up the gut into the EZ, TD Colts.

Great pass to Ebron at the right front corner of the end zone, just outworked and outleapt coverage for a TD. Quick strike to keep them in the game.
Good to see him have a good season. He reminded me of Kellen Winslow Jr (pre Vaseline in a parking lot)  with his attitude too often. He seems to have found a home in Indy.

Users who are viewing this thread