What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (3 Viewers)

Would love to travel to Vegas for a PJ show but budget requires pumping the brakes on spending for a bit. Instead I grabbed a ticket for Neil Young & Crazy Horse coming here to AZ in April. Never seen Neil before and I figured I better while I still can.
Had written off the expense but went ahead and grabbed a Vegas night 2 ticket for PJ. Can always sell it as the time comes closer if I decide not to go.

got some more tix

4/02 - The Zombies
4/26 - Hayes Carll and Band of Heathens
5/26 - Futurebirds
5/31 - Pixies, Modest Mouse, Cat Power
6/09 - Jason Isbell

Saw Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit last night at Radio City. Aimee Mann opened. He’s a much better guitarist than I gave him credit for. And such a great songwriter. Incredible show.

Front 242’s last tour will be happening soon. Might see them on 9/6 if I’m not in Chicago for Peter Hook & The Light (also can go to DC the weekend before to see them)

Loving seeing all this TTB interest. Always a great show. Saw them in atlantic city last month. Got them on the calendar for Bethel Woods in august and the beacon 2 nights in sept.

Went to the innings festival in tempe last night. I'm not a fan of festivals in general (just too long for my taste) but as far as festivals, it was very well run. Got to see Dave Matthews Band (incredible how much they still bring it after over 30 years of heavy touring), Noak Kahan (fun band with a lot of young people which is a double edged sword b/c I love the energy they bring but there's a lack of concert etiquette) and Josiah and the Bonnevilles (was planning to see him in NYC but turns out he was playing here so it was nice to check that box).

Got tickets today for Travis Tritt in August at a cool 1600 seat place we’ve never been to before.
I’ve been wanting to see him live forever. Really looking forward to this one 😃

Saw the Trans-Canada Highwaymen on Friday. These guys put on an awesome show. They are somewhat of a Canadian “super group” with members from four other Canadian bands, The Barenaked Ladies, The Odds, Pursuit of Happiness and Sloan. Most impressive was how they moved around interchangeable between singing and instruments.

Went to the Ministry show in St. Pete mostly to see Gary Numan. He was awesome. I’ll be seeing him again (same show) in Vegas on 4/4. I left before Ministry took the stage

Why would you pay for a ticket and then leave? What did you do when you left? Something better than live music you already paid to see? Do you really not like Ministry?

Why would you pay for a ticket and then leave? What did you do when you left? Something better than live music you already paid to see? Do you really not like Ministry?
I know this question was targeted to another poster but this same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Went to see Nathaniel Ratliff and the Nightsweats, and City and Colour and thought the former was the headliner. I was wrong. NR&N came on and put out a fantastic show. Then C&C came on … apparently they are an emo band. I couldn’t take more the 5-6 songs and had to leave. It just wasn’t my bag. Felt a little silly walking out but I seriously just couldn’t listen to that drivel any longer.

I know this question was targeted to another poster but this same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Went to see Nathaniel Ratliff and the Nightsweats, and City and Colour and thought the former was the headliner. I was wrong. NR&N came on and put out a fantastic show. Then C&C came on … apparently they are an emo band. I couldn’t take more the 5-6 songs and had to leave. It just wasn’t my bag. Felt a little silly walking out but I seriously just couldn’t listen to that drivel any longer.
I do it from time to time, but mostly bc it's bands I want to see paired with bands I don't. No biggie for me especially for last night's show since I am seeing them again next week.

Yikes. City and Colour aren't emo at all. I've seen both bands multiple times and Dallas Green is such a talented songwriter. I'd say in recent years as Nathaniel Rateliff has gone farther away from his S.O.B. shtick and more singer songwritery and City and Colour has gone more from a solo project to a full band outfit, their sounds have gotten closer and closer to each other.

Yikes. City and Colour aren't emo at all. I've seen both bands multiple times and Dallas Green is such a talented songwriter. I'd say in recent years as Nathaniel Rateliff has gone farther away from his S.O.B. shtick and more singer songwritery and City and Colour has gone more from a solo project to a full band outfit, their sounds have gotten closer and closer to each other.
His first words when he grabbed the mic were, “I hope you’re all ready to get emotional” … I kid you not. I’ve listened to a few of their songs on the radio and didn’t mind them, so not sure what put me off so much at the concert.

My wife and I have been randomly shrieking out Men at Work tunes since Colin Hay last week, much to the annoyance of everyone else in the household. He’s 70 but the pipes are strong and he’s a better guitar player than I remembered. Lots of shows on the docket for me this spring and summer - Brittany Howard/War and Treaty, Chris Smither, Sarah Shook, William Elliot Whitmore, Del McCoury, Tim O’Brien and several more that are on the calendar as tentative.

Jeff Lynne's ELO is on their farewell tour, and they're not coming anywhere near us so we got tickets for Pittsburgh in September. We saw him last time he rolled through Tampa a couple years ago and it was a fantastic show. Looking forward to seeing him one last time.

My wife and I have been randomly shrieking out Men at Work tunes since Colin Hay last week, much to the annoyance of everyone else in the household. He’s 70 but the pipes are strong and he’s a better guitar player than I remembered. Lots of shows on the docket for me this spring and summer - Brittany Howard/War and Treaty, Chris Smither, Sarah Shook, William Elliot Whitmore, Del McCoury, Tim O’Brien and several more that are on the calendar as tentative.
Colin is also part of Ringo Starr’s AS Band.

I saw Nation of Language in December and it was one of my favourite shows of the past few years. Mid sized club in Toronto (looks like it's 1350 capacity), it was jam packed and they put on a great show. Front man has huge rock star energy.

I'm getting a fairly full lineup for the coming year as well, a couple legendary Canadian bands have announced they are breaking up and I have tickets to both of their last shows ever. One in particular - Tokyo Police Club - is going to be tough, I've seen them so many times over the years and Champ is still in my top 5 albums ever. Hoping they pull out all the stops/special friends for these last shows.

So far in the hopper:

April 14 - Noah Kahan
April 23 - Matthew Good
May 4 - The Postal Service/Death Cab for Cutie
June 13-16 - Bonnaroo, probably
Nov 29 - Tokyo Police Club - final show
Jan 30, 2025 - Sum 41 - final show

Side note, I hate how far in advance a lot of the "major" shows get announced these days. Does Ticketmaster really need my money over a year in advance of a Sum 41 show?
Just watched him last Tuesday. Excellent show. The only thing that annoyed me is that the crowd knows every word to every song and they belt it out. Sometimes it drowns him out a little.

Jeff Lynne's ELO is on their farewell tour, and they're not coming anywhere near us so we got tickets for Pittsburgh in September. We saw him last time he rolled through Tampa a couple years ago and it was a fantastic show. Looking forward to seeing him one last time.

Thinking of taking my son to the Cincy show. These ticket prices are ridiculous.

Thinking of taking my son to the Cincy show. These ticket prices are ridiculous.
Yeah, we paid $235/ticket out the door for upper 1st level.

Two of my favorite garage/punk bands playing around the corner from me in a few weeks. I'm so tempted, but I'll be so old relative to crowd and it'll all be too loud and frightening.

Wine Lips and Bad Nerves

Considering going to see the X Ambassadors tomorrow at a smaller venue. My daughter really likes these guys. I only know a couple of their songs.

Has anyone ever saw them live? Any good?

Got tix to Heart in San Diego @ Pachanga Arena Dec. 13th. San Diego Date just added to their Royal Flush Tour. Cheap Trick is opening! Should be a solid show if the sisters can get along for 2 hours at a time for a few months. I made sure to get insurance on the tix!

Got tix to Heart in San Diego @ Pachanga Arena Dec. 13th. San Diego Date just added to their Royal Flush Tour. Cheap Trick is opening! Should be a solid show if the sisters can get along for 2 hours at a time for a few months. I made sure to get insurance on the tix!

Oh man I’m totally getting tickets to the Detroit leg. Never seen cheap trick but love their stuff. heart (I like their hits anyway)

I was thinking of seeing Gary Clark Jr same night, not sure wife would have been interested in that one anyway

Took the kids to Asheville this past weekend to see daughter's favorite band, The Crane Wives. Was indoor at Salvage Station, a great little venue. I was definitely in the top 5 oldest people there.

For Any Paul Weller fans (aka The Modfather), he's doing a 9 show tour in September. Presale tickets go on sale today. Code is Weller66 if you're interested. I am going to see him in DC.

Users who are viewing this thread