What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Costco - Out of Stock - What happened here? (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
Looking to take advantage of Costco's Presidents Day sale on Mattresses and grab a Stearns & Foster King Mattress they've got on sale.

Went to order but nothing was happening when I went to add a King to the cart. Would just kinda time-out. Called Costco and they said it was out of stock. Bummer.
This morning I had an idea and added a California King to see how the cart worked. It went into the cart. Then I added a King and... it added to the cart. ;unsure; I removed the Cal King and the King remained. Strange.

Surely it wouldn't let me complete the order right? But it did... ;unsure:
Hrm, well surely they'll reach out and tell me they can't ship due to inventory? Nope... email confirming shipment comes in, followed by another telling me to call White Glove Logistics to schedule delivery. I call... no issues. Delivery scheduled.

WTF.... why did this work? :lol:

Side-Note: Costco's return policy is incredible so I love using them for stuff like Mattresses. We're also returning a Sealy that's ~2yrs old but has bad sagging (even under my 125lb GF, so it's clearly not just me being a fatass ;) ). Costco is providing a full refund including tax/shipping. Love em!

Called Costco and they said it was out of stock
100% the person you talked to was talking out of their *** to get you off the phone. There was likely an issue with the shopping cart software the first time you tried.

Earlier this month, we were trying to order a couch from them. We just missed the last one in the brick and mortar by us. It showed as out of stock on the Costco website whenever I looked at it on laptop. My wife checked availability via her phone (same Costco account) and was able to get one ordered and delivered.

Earlier this month, we were trying to order a couch from them. We just missed the last one in the brick and mortar by us. It showed as out of stock on the Costco website whenever I looked at it on laptop. My wife checked availability via her phone (same Costco account) and was able to get one ordered and delivered.
Possible the time you switched over someone released it from their cart?

Real time online try to match inventory so some places will put a "hold" on item for a short period of time if it's in a cart to allow time for checkout

Called Costco and they said it was out of stock
100% the person you talked to was talking out of their *** to get you off the phone. There was likely an issue with the shopping cart software the first time you tried.

Who knows but I don't think so.

1) They stayed on the phone for a bit and were trying to dig around to see if they could find a way to get me taking care of. Costco phone folks act like your BFF hooking you up.
2) The same "issue" was there the second time. I had been trying several times over a 24 hour period with no luck... then I tried the "trick" and it worked.

Possible the time you switched over someone released it from their cart?

Real time online try to match inventory so some places will put a "hold" on item for a short period of time if it's in a cart to allow time for checkout
Possible, but I was watching it multiple days including minutes before she tried on her phone.

Users who are viewing this thread