What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

cousins out? (1 Viewer)

They had Colt McCoy in for a workout a few weeks ago, put him up in a hotel and met the next day. Did you sign? "No but we worked out some details"
I'm gonna guess he is added but also that they'll look at other options.
Their record does not indicate they'll risk their future or give up too much BUT Cousins is also older so maybe if there's a QB they can start for years they'd make a big deal

McCoy and some low level trade or maybe sign someone off a PS. I don't expect much.

Don't forget they clearly like Hall some. He's only a chump in fans opinions

That offense tanks however...big implications for when Jefferson is back
Most QBs won't make half the throws Cousins does to him. Guy is often blanketed by two defenders and still catches the ball. Ya can't expect a replacement QB to take that risk often

Yep Cousins is gold for fantasy WRs. Always underappreciated in that respect. Big hit to JJ.

That offense tanks however...big implications for when Jefferson is back
Most QBs won't make half the throws Cousins does to him. Guy is often blanketed by two defenders and still catches the ball. Ya can't expect a replacement QB to take that risk often

Yep Cousins is gold for fantasy WRs. Always underappreciated in that respect. Big hit to JJ.

And now to addison and everyone else on that team...that offense goes from juggernaut to stagnant no matter who the QB is

So sad for Kirk the person. You have guys like Kyler and Dak getting long term deals, and this guy can’t, even though he is light years ahead of both of them. The single most underrated player in the NFL. Everyone will see how good he truly was now that he is gone.
Andrew Brandt is always mentioning Cousins in his contract hall of fame.
When he signed he always got more than anyone expected. The market value changed after but that happens. He's made a darn fine career being drafted as the backup to Griffin

1st Injury I can remember this year that just keep streaming every few minutes on the afternoon games
I can think of some others that hurt FF'ers this season but maybe it is the single worst injury to a team so far.
Aaron Rodgers would be the same

So sad for Kirk the person. You have guys like Kyler and Dak getting long term deals, and this guy can’t, even though he is light years ahead of both of them. The single most underrated player in the NFL. Everyone will see how good he truly was now that he is gone.
Seriously? Do you know how much Kirk has been paid?

Maybe JJ stays out longer...
He won't.

The Vikings need to find a QB if Kirk is going to be out for a long time. Not sure if Jaren Hall is the answer but he is what they have right now.

Good QBs don't grow on trees but they will need to bring someone else in.

When he signed he always got more than anyone expected. The market value changed after but that happens. He's made a darn fine career being drafted as the backup to Griffin
Over $230MM in career earnings, guy was smart and somehow managed to sign multiple shorterm fully guaranteed contracts and bump his average every time to above market. Vikings paid him a boatload of money.

Reactions: Bri
Carson Wentz would make a lot of sense. He's turnover prone, but he can move an offense. If they stick with what they have, they are playing for a top-10 pick.
Colt McCoy, Jacoby Brissett, Andy Dalton or Teddy Bridgewater are some other options, but they would require trades. Wentz is a free agent.

I sort of lean towards Teddy for old times sake but the Lions have him and likely not interested in helping the Vikings right now.

Who else might be an option?

This is why the Vikings have paid Kirk so much money. Up until now he has been remarkably durable. But here they go again trying to find a QB.

Carson Wentz would make a lot of sense. He's turnover prone, but he can move an offense. If they stick with what they have, they are playing for a top-10 pick.
Colt McCoy, Jacoby Brissett, Andy Dalton or Teddy Bridgewater are some other options, but they would require trades. Wentz is a free agent.

I sort of lean towards Teddy for old times sake but the Lions have him and likely not interested in helping the Vikings right now.

This is why the Vikings have paid Kirk so much money. Up until now he has been remarkably durable. But here they go again trying to find a QB.
I can't see Teddy being available as the Lions are a contender, but Dalton very well could be. Brissett may be as well. If you can get either for a day 3 pick, it's worthwhile. I think both offer more than Wentz considering Wentz's teammates haven't had the nicest things to say about him.

I saw Matt Ryan mentioned as well, but I have a hard time seeing him leaving the booth to take hits again. He looked ready to retire most of last season.

Commanders literally were saying today's game would decide if they sell off players, list was a couple defenders and Brissett. They lost today, so I'd expect Brissett is available for a pick.

Over $230MM in career earnings, guy was smart and somehow managed to sign multiple shorterm fully guaranteed contracts and bump his average every time to above market. Vikings paid him a boatload of money.
He was very fortunate to stay healthy as long as he did. His path to that money is one that anyone would recommend taking. My point was the fact that he never got a long term deal like other lesser QBs have is ridiculous.

McCoy is a free agent

Florio guessing McCoy

McCoy is a free agent
and worked out for the Vikings 3 weeks ago.

We've discussed all of these guys in the context of the Jets. This is certainly not a new thing. It's the same conundrum and the same injury.

Weird.

Reactions: Bri
I doubt the Vikings move much capital. Wentz or McCoy seem like fine options though the former would be more fun for FF.

McCoy is a free agent
Thanks. I had heard they worked him out awhile back. just misspoke including him with the trade targets.

The Vikings chose to sign Sean Mannion over McCoy for some reason. Maybe it is just the mystery box syndrome here but I would kind of hope McCoy is better than Mannion who is ungood? He lost the back up job to Nick Mullens who is hurt and on IR right now or else Mannion would not be with the team currently.

Oh boy.

I think I might prefer Case Keenum and his lucky horseshoe over these options. Although I know very well that the Vikings made the correct decision giving Cousins all that money instead of Keenum who is a turnover machine. Keenum is kind of like Minneshew though. At least he has guts to get the ball to his playmakers when he isn't giving it to the other team. At least they are more exciting than Mullins and Mannion are.

:kicksrock:

Last edited:

McCoy is a free agent
Thanks. I had heard they worked him out awhile back. just misspoke including him with the trade targets.

The Vikings chose to sign Sean Mannion over McCoy for some reason. Maybe it is just the mystery box syndrome here but I would kind of hope McCoy is better than Mannion who is ungood? He lost the back up job to Nick Mullens who is hurt and on IR right now or else Mannion would not be with the team currently.

Oh boy.

I think I might prefer Case Keenum and his lucky horseshoe over these options. Although I know very well that the Vikings made the correct decision giving Cousins all that money instead of Keenum who is a turnover machine. Keenum is kind of like Minneshew though. At least he has guts to get the ball to his playmakers when he isn't giving it to the other team. At least they are more exciting that Mullins and Mannion are.

:kicksrock:
Keenum is another option probably cheap in trade

Some dude off the street is going to solve the problem?

If Dude X was any good he'd already be on a roster.

It'll be Mullens when he returns from IR. Fortunately, their schedule is pretty soft the rest of the way. They should have enough gas to lose in the playoffs' first round.

It'll be Mullens when he returns from IR. Fortunately, their schedule is pretty soft the rest of the way. They should have enough gas to lose in the playoffs' first round.
Of course.

But then again Kurt Warner.

Of course.

He wasn't a street FA. He was in the roster after going through camp and had played a good bit of post-college football.

In other words, "Ch'yeah... And maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt...NOT! "

Of course.

He wasn't a street FA. He was in the roster after going through camp and had played a good bit of post-college football.

He came out of nowhere.

Don't you remember all the stories about him bagging groceries before he became the catalyst for the greatest show on turf?

Of course.

He came out of nowhere.

Don't you remember all the stories about him bagging groceries before he became the catalyst for the greatest show on turf?
He was playing first in the arena league then NFL Europe AFTER he was bagging groceries. They didn't sign him from Hy-Vee when Trent Green went down

They should have enough gas to lose in the playoffs' first round.

I've got news for you. From one beleaguered fan base to another, the Vikings aren't making the playoffs. Neither are the Jets. That's just the way it's going to roll. Aside from the Bears and Raiders, there are no cupcakes on your schedule incompetent enough that the Vikings should feel confident about beating with Mullens. I remember him in San Francisco. Beathard was a breath of fresh air compared to him.

No, I'm afraid that it's two franchises doomed to annals of the dreaded Wait-Till-Next Year sentiment.

:(

I've got news for you. From one beleaguered fan base to another, the Vikings aren't making the playoffs. Neither are the Jets. That's just the way it's going to roll. Aside from the Bears and Raiders, there are no cupcakes on your schedule incompetent enough that the Vikings should feel confident about beating with Mullens. I remember him in San Francisco. Beathard was a breath of fresh air compared to him.

No, I'm afraid that it's two franchises doomed to annals of the dreaded Wait-Till-Next Year sentiment.

Cooper rush anyone? Cowboys could get a decent trade drat pick and have Lance as thier new back up.

And Packers and Cardinals.

Anyway, the point of my quip was to say no matter what they do they'll be one and done in the playoffs anyway. So why debate it?

Users who are viewing this thread