What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cousins or Lamar Jackson rest of season? (trade analyzer question) (1 Viewer)

Gatorman

Supreme Elite Maximum Tier
Honest question bc the trade analyzer says that trading away cousins to get Lamar is a net negative. To me, there is no way that can be true, even in a league that rewards bonuses for long TDs.

Anyone agree with the analyzer here?

I prefer Lamar in that deal but there is probably more injury risk. Maybe the trade calculator tries to factor that in?

Of all the FBG tools (an I am a huge proponent of the work the staff and Joe does), I do not like Trade Analyzer in League Dominator. It's using projections based on concrete numbers that don't pass muster to me. It's too far out to project Week 17 and the like. This is my very personal opinion about year-long projections and should not reflect on FBG or staff.

Of all the FBG tools (an I am a huge proponent of the work the staff and Joe does), I do not like Trade Analyzer in League Dominator. It's using projections based on concrete numbers that don't pass muster to me. It's too far out to project Week 17 and the like. This is my very personal opinion about year-long projections and should not reflect on FBG or staff.
I am beginning to agree with you. The trade I am analyzing is Cousins and Aaron Jones for Lamar and deebo or lockett or D Pierce. It is hard to make a distinction here when going into it, the Lamar for Cousins part of the deal seems balanced in the wrong direction.

If I knew both would stay healthy then Lamar by a country mile. I think that risk is what makes it even close. Even with the risk Lamar for me.

Just to provide a dissenting opinion there are decent reasons for the Cousins side. Plays on a team with almost no defense and has the premier WR to throw to, as well as other weapons. And to echo previous posts he seems to be less of an injury risk.

One of the things we'd like to look at for 2024 is an update to the trade analyzer.

On a simpler level, we have Jackson as our QB4 and Cousins as QB9 for the rest of the year rankings. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/duration/rest-of-season?pos=qb
Gotcha Joe and I did look there to see if the discrepancy was throughout the platform. As such, I am not sure on the algorithm but it likely needs a tweak. I did Paper and pencil it using the rest of the year rankings but (and just to be clear this is constructive critisism) since I was trying to balance a fair trade offer with multiple players the weights need to be "similar" to the rest of year rankings.

All the best.

Just to provide a dissenting opinion there are decent reasons for the Cousins side. Plays on a team with almost no defense and has the premier WR to throw to, as well as other weapons. And to echo previous posts he seems to be less of an injury risk.
I get it. To me they are very close to equal from a fantasy perspective if you weigh Lamar's running ability (especially near the end zone) vs. Cousins "garbage time" mastery in comebacks. This week my expectation is a usual Cousins game of playing catch up to the Chiefs whereas Lamar will have his "usual" game vs the Steelers. Both have the same bye, and when looking at playoff matchups Cousins has 3 games where he will likely need to sling it vs Lamar having two "normal" lamar games and one game against the niners that I have no idea what it will look like.

But, when trying to craft a trade that seems fair to both sides, making the assumption that Cousins is the same as Lamar is hard when you are the guy who has Cousins.

In the end, I will likely stand pat but since I like to use the trade analyzer to look at options, having it be more accurate would be helpful.

Even worse than the trade analyzer is the trade suggester. Takes forever to run and the trades it suggests are mostly pipe dreams. Big fan of that overall product but the trade part of it just isnt good.

Users who are viewing this thread