What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowboys vs Rams -Week 15 (1 Viewer)

Yes.

Pretty dumb.  I think the ref indicated the wrong team won the coin toss and then when the rams said they deferred they waived away their right to take a kickoff, ever.  

They don't want to embarrass the old man so the rule stuck.
No he didn't Dak said the wrong thing on the toss. They replayed it on audio and it didn't sound like Dak said defer.

Yes.

Pretty dumb.  I think the ref indicated the wrong team won the coin toss and then when the rams said they deferred they waived away their right to take a kickoff, ever.  

They don't want to embarrass the old man so the rule stuck.
it wasn't the wrong team with the coin toss, it was that dak said kick the first 2 times, then said defer.  anderson didn't seem to register the defer part.

No he didn't Dak said the wrong thing on the toss. They replayed it on audio and it didn't sound like Dak said defer.
i think he said it at the end.

i assume he has done it before, so maybe he just had a brain fart?  or maybe someone on the coaching staff said they want to kick and then he just got that stuck in his head, even though t they all really meant they wanted to defer?

why don't the coaches just submit their kickoff wishes in writing?  this dumb coin toss ceremony is a lot more trouble than its worth.

it wasn't the wrong team with the coin toss, it was that dak said kick the first 2 times, then said defer.  anderson didn't seem to register the defer part.
But it seems like he was confused about who won, I need to watch the tape again either way the ref blew it.  

ball is coming out, similar thing happened last week where the guy had the ball trapped on his thigh and it was ruled a fumble.

EDIT: LOL of course they overturn it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, aikman just said against a good opponent it's the best game Dallas has played.  Um, the rams are horrific or does he not follow the rest of the league. 

Yeah it cmon 1 target at this point in the game? We didn’t see that earlier this season when Woods was playing.
That was when Gurley was being babied in the offense. When Woods came back, McVay started feeding Gurley closer to 2018 levels, and they changed the blocking scheme and well as swapped out the right side of line; compare the snaps before and after that point. I'll post them later in the Kupp thread.

I’m never one to root for injury, but I hope one of the Rams key pieces gets their knee murdered here, down 30 with two minutes left still airing it out.  Would love to hear McVay explain his thought process.

I’m never one to root for injury, but I hope one of the Rams key pieces gets their knee murdered here, down 30 with two minutes left still airing it out.  Would love to hear McVay explain his thought process.
For what? Seasons over.

For what? Seasons over.
Next season is not, which is why it would be great to see one of his studs still rehabbing a blown ACL next September.  

Aaaaaaaaaand there it is.  Cooks gets his ribs mutilated on a nonsensical 2 pt conversion.  

Insein said:
Don't think they can overturn that.
Why?  "The replay official and designated members of the officiating department may consult with on-field officials, or conduct a replay review, of game administration issues, including: (a) penalty enforcement; (b) the proper down; (c) spot of a foul; and (d) the game clock."

Coin flip is an administration issue, no?

Why?  "The replay official and designated members of the officiating department may consult with on-field officials, or conduct a replay review, of game administration issues, including: (a) penalty enforcement; (b) the proper down; (c) spot of a foul; and (d) the game clock."

Coin flip is an administration issue, no?
I was talking about the fake punt catch fumble. 

Users who are viewing this thread