What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Creepy Guy at the YMCA (1 Viewer)

Handled perfectly IMO.  Wtf talks to another father and 5 year old in a shower that they don't know?

I think you handled it fine. Guy clearly has issues

Just out of my own curiosity, why not wait until you get home for your kids to shower. Not saying you did anything wrong showering there, just wondering. 
My son has pretty sensitive skin, and the chlorine dries him out.  We also have a 25-30 minute drive home. Plus it's nice to just be done with the shower for the night, right after lessons.

This makes sense.  Still, this is one time I probably would have walked right back out and told the kid he was going to take a shower/bath at home tonight.

Then again, I do have a complex about showering in places like the Y and I'm sure my son does, too.  

you handled it well. I probably would have given him a quick "#### and mind your business" right away, but I can be a hot head.

as someone else mentioned, if this guy really is that weird, he may not let it go...it may actually attract his attention even more. 

I don't get this. 

In this day and age, one mention to the police that he was talking to your young child in the shower while touching himself should be enough to get him out of there, permanently.  If you don't get immediate satisfaction from the Y, tell them your next stop is the police.  God forbid this guy is truly a serious nut and does something you can't stop in time.
Im with you.  This type of behavior should definitely be reported to the police.  That way its on record he has harassed you already once as well.   So next time when you break his jaw, you can show a pattern and that you tried to avoid

I'm 6'4", 280 pounds and an obvious former Offensive lineman.  I've always been able to avoid most fights by physical stature alone. He'd be really stupid to try and stir this up again.  After one warning, and a report filed, he'd really be poking the bear if he does try and approach me.  I made it clear in the report that I don't want an apology, I want him to look the other way when I am around, and my kids are off limits completely, with no exceptions.
This is the FFA, where midgets dominate big strong athletic guys.

As we went into the locker room after lessons, the dude is showering in the stall immediately facing the door you enter into the shower room (which connects to the locker room).  He is showering with the curtain open, staring at everyone entering who entering.  Dude is washing his junk, flopping it around while making eye contact with the men and their son's who are entering.

pretty sure this is not legal, regardless of venue

I didn’t read all of the comments, so it’s probably been stated but this guy MUST BE REPORTED!

In my opinion you have a responsibility to make sure this inappropriate (perhaps illegal) behavior does not happen again. If you haven’t done it already, talk to the supervisors at the Y or the police!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of shtick, but I was just trying to make it known my size and how it's kept me out of fights for the most part in my life.  :shrug:

If I was drooling, had a mullet, and my sleeves cut off I could see how I would be mistaken for a defensive lineman... but I digress.
Sounds like you hold on every play 

Handled perfectly IMO.  Wtf talks to another father and 5 year old in a shower that they don't know?
Sounds like somebody with a mental illness. What he's describing isn't grossly uncommon. I would wager a guess that this guy has some misdemeanor convictions at a minimum. 

I'm 6'4", 280 pounds and an obvious former Offensive lineman.  I've always been able to avoid most fights by physical stature alone. He'd be really stupid to try and stir this up again.  After one warning, and a report filed, he'd really be poking the bear if he does try and approach me.  I made it clear in the report that I don't want an apology, I want him to look the other way when I am around, and my kids are off limits completely, with no exceptions.
I think you handled it well but you should be prepared for another confrontation. The fact that he was saying "Sir yes sir! Yesss SIR" after you made it crystal clear to stay away from your boy tells me that he feels untouchable. He's obviously not all there and it sounds like he might be trying to provoke you.

I agree that you did the right thing. But why are you even going into the showers with your kids if that dude is in there? No shower is worth that ####.

To the OP. The way you described the creep...................I think we go to the same YMCA. my wife and I work out there and I will walk on the treadmills. As you know......they face the pool area, and I have seen the creep doing some sort of stretching over by the sauna area. He wears a bandana and it looked like he was stretching with some sort of walking stick. It is just not right that he does that in the pool area where kids are having swim lessons. He can easily go into the free weight area to do his stretching.

Something is way off with that guy!

To the OP. The way you described the creep...................I think we go to the same YMCA. my wife and I work out there and I will walk on the treadmills. As you know......they face the pool area, and I have seen the creep doing some sort of stretching over by the sauna area. He wears a bandana and it looked like he was stretching with some sort of walking stick. It is just not right that he does that in the pool area where kids are having swim lessons. He can easily go into the free weight area to do his stretching.

Pretty sure you could recognize OFOL easily.  Make sure you have his back.

I don't get this. 

In this day and age, one mention to the police that he was talking to your young child in the shower while touching himself should be enough to get him out of there, permanently.  If you don't get immediate satisfaction from the Y, tell them your next stop is the police.  God forbid this guy is truly a serious nut and does something you can't stop in time.
I agree. I'd let the Y know that the guy is an obvious threat to children and that if they don't ban the guy that you will be going to the police to make sure something is done about it.

The more I think about it the more I think you should call the police! There has probably been an 11ish year old that had to encounter this filth by himself.

OP, I plead with you to contact the authorities TODAY before something even worse happens to someone else’s kid! 

Zow said:
Sounds like somebody with a mental illness. What he's describing isn't grossly uncommon. I would wager a guess that this guy has some misdemeanor convictions at a minimum. 
This was my thought as well.

Ha!  That's funny.  You must have been like WTF is this I am reading a guy from the Hastings Lake YMCA, what are the chances....

You know the dude I am talking about I'm sure.  

To the others mentioning I should contact the police.... I immediately submitted an incident report to the YMCA, the powers that be have contacted me already and told me they are taking the matter very seriously, I will be contacted again soon for more questioning, and (what a shock...) they have had other complaints about this joker in the past.  Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.  

Also, as I stewed on this all day yesterday, I really thought I should make a police report.  I called my buddy who is a police chief in town and made sure I wasn't missing the boat.  He told me I should contact the Y, and let them handle it internally for now as they might be contacting the police also... If I am not satisfied with the actions they take, my guy told me to then contact the police and let them handle it.  I feel better I am doing everything correctly.  

Ha!  That's funny.  You must have been like WTF is this I am reading a guy from the Hastings Lake YMCA, what are the chances....

To the others mentioning I should contact the police.... I immediately submitted an incident report to the YMCA, the powers that be have contacted me already and told me they are taking the matter very seriously, I will be contacted again soon for more questioning, and (what a shock...) they have had other complaints about this joker in the past.  Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.  

Also, as I stewed on this all day yesterday, I really thought I should make a police report.  I called my buddy who is a police chief in town and made sure I wasn't missing the boat.  He told me I should contact the Y, and let them handle it internally for now as they might be contacting the police also... If I am not satisfied with the actions they take, my guy told me to then contact the police and let them handle it.  I feel better I am doing everything correctly.  
I'd contact the Y, and tell them I'm planning on contacting the police on my own as well (not indicating any fault of their own). They are free to do the same after hearing what I have to say and possibly what others have to say.

No chance in hell I'm even allowing for the small potential of the people at the Y telling me all the right things and not actually following up on it, or dragging their feet to do so. 

I'd contact the Y, and tell them I'm planning on contacting the police on my own as well (not indicating any fault of their own). They are free to do the same after hearing what I have to say and possibly what others have to say.

No chance in hell I'm even allowing for the small potential of the people at the Y telling me all the right things and not actually following up on it, or dragging their feet to do so. 
This won't be swept under the rug.  I'm going to make certain of that.

So I read your story.  First off dude is certainly weird however weird is not against the rules or law.  His stretching, outfit and suitcase certainly seem odd.  Him showering and touching his junk while people walk in isn't against the rules but certainly is gross.  Everyone touches their junk while showering  though.  That's the point of showering.  Talking to you about your son is out of bounds.  In the shower more so.   Its none of his business what you do with your kid.  But this certainly is not against any rules.  Had you said he was masturbating then he'd be breaking the  rules.  But talking to you isn't.

If anything you threatened him.  I certainly think you were within your rights to do so however you're 280 and 6'4".  He could report you.  The Y is in a tough position here is my guess.  

The thing that would have me worried the most is he isn't afraid of you at all.  Now what sane dude wouldn't be afraid of a guy of your stature?  Only a crazy one.  I'd certainly watch my back around him.  You've threatened him and by the sounds of it the only way he could beat you would be to escalate the level of force.   

So I read your story.  First off dude is certainly weird however weird is not against the rules or law.  His stretching, outfit and suitcase certainly seem odd.  Him showering and touching his junk while people walk in isn't against the rules but certainly is gross.  Everyone touches their junk while showering  though.  That's the point of showering.  Talking to you about your son is out of bounds.  In the shower more so.   Its none of his business what you do with your kid.  But this certainly is not against any rules.  Had you said he was masturbating then he'd be breaking the  rules.  But talking to you isn't.

If anything you threatened him.  I certainly think you were within your rights to do so however you're 280 and 6'4".  He could report you.  The Y is in a tough position here is my guess.  

The thing that would have me worried the most is he isn't afraid of you at all.  Now what sane dude wouldn't be afraid of a guy of your stature?  Only a crazy one.  I'd certainly watch my back around him.  You've threatened him and by the sounds of it the only way he could beat you would be to escalate the level of force.   
I really don't think saying, "Don't ever talk to me or my son again, ever. Period" could be considered a threat by any stretch.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I know my statement was meant to come off as a threat, and I could see how someone might say it was implied, but the actual words were not a literal threat IMO. 

I never thought it was against the "rules" what he was doing... not written rules anyway.  Regarding unwritten rules and basic shower room etiquette.. this dude has no common courtesy for other people.  Agreed, this not against the rules.  Standing in front of the door where people walk in, flopping his dong around is pretty creepy and should not be tolerated by anyone IMHO.  He was "washing" himself for well over 15 minutes with the curtain open.  He was doing it when I walked in, when I was showering my kid, and then again when I confronted him.  I'd call that masterbating but I would probably lose the argument at the end of the day. 

I am aware that he is unstable and is a potential threat to me and my family, and I will be on guard 110%.  No way this dude is hurting me or my family.  I'll go to jail for it if I really have to. I'm on full on protected papa bear mode when we go to swimming from this point forward.  This includes the parking lot and around my cars. I'm taking zero chances this guy can affect my life any more than he has already.  

I certainly don't have any standing to tell the police how to do their job, but this sounds too much like the Catholic Church to me.  Granted, the church had motivation to hide things rather than share info with the police (where the Y does not here), but why are the police passing off the investigation/fact gathering to an institution instead of jumping in and doing it themselves?

I really don't think saying, "Don't ever talk to me or my son again, ever. Period" could be considered a threat by any stretch.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I know my statement was meant to come off as a threat, and I could see how someone might say it was implied, but the actual words were not a literal threat IMO. 

I never thought it was against the "rules" what he was doing... not written rules anyway.  Regarding unwritten rules and basic shower room etiquette.. this dude has no common courtesy for other people.  Agreed, this not against the rules.  Standing in front of the door where people walk in, flopping his dong around is pretty creepy and should not be tolerated by anyone IMHO.  He was "washing" himself for well over 15 minutes with the curtain open.  He was doing it when I walked in, when I was showering my kid, and then again when I confronted him.  I'd call that masterbating but I would probably lose the argument at the end of the day. 

I am aware that he is unstable and is a potential threat to me and my family, and I will be on guard 110%.  No way this dude is hurting me or my family.  I'll go to jail for it if I really have to. I'm on full on protected papa bear mode when we go to swimming from this point forward.  This includes the parking lot and around my cars. I'm taking zero chances this guy can affect my life any more than he has already.  
Agree with everything you're saying.   I'm not saying you were wrong at all.  I'm just saying be careful.  Guy is nuts.  And now youre on his radar.

I certainly don't have any standing to tell the police how to do their job, but this sounds too much like the Catholic Church to me.  Granted, the church had motivation to hide things rather than share info with the police (where the Y does not here), but why are the police passing off the investigation/fact gathering to an institution instead of jumping in and doing it themselves?
I can't answer this for you.  I do know I trust my friend as an honest, hard working, and an all around good cop/man.  From talking to him, the way I understood him was the Y will probably be contacting him and if not, I should.

My son has pretty sensitive skin, and the chlorine dries him out.  We also have a 25-30 minute drive home. Plus it's nice to just be done with the shower for the night, right after lessons.
So you risk having your son see this man expose himself because you're a little inconvenienced. WTF.

So you risk having your son see this man expose himself because you're a little inconvenienced. WTF.
There was no risk.  I blocked him the entire time.  If his skin was an issue that could be ignored, I would have.  That's what made this whole situation tough.  We weren't going home after lessons on Monday.  We had to send him to a friend's house while we attended a school meeting.  There was no chance I was going to allow him to be seen by the creep.  As I stated before, I'm a bigger dude and I shielded him.  Even when creep was talking to us/him it was through my back and while he was behind the curtain.  Try having a kid with crazy allergies and then understand.  I'm not going into it too much because I think your statement was kind of pointless, but he will begin itching like a crazy person.  5 year olds don't handle something like this so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no risk.  I blocked him the entire time.  If his skin was an issue that could be ignored, I would have.  That's what made this whole situation tough.  We weren't going home after lessons on Monday.  We had to send him to a friend's house while we attended a school meeting.  There was no chance I was going to allow him to be seen by the creep.  As I stated before, I'm a bigger dude and I shielded him.  Even when creep was talking to us/him it was through my back and while he was behind the curtain.  Try having a kid with crazy allergies and then understand.  I'm not going into it too much because I think your statement was kind of pointless, but he will begin itching like a crazy person.  5 year olds don't handle something like this so well.
Don't they have a hose near the pool?  Just rinse off the chlorine there.  I wouldn't have showered, myself, let alone my kid.  Not piling on, or saying you endagered your kid or anything. Just saying if i walk into that scene, I'm sprinting the other way.

fair enough. thanks for the clarification.

Don't they have a hose near the pool?  Just rinse off the chlorine there.  I wouldn't have showered, myself, let alone my kid.  Not piling on, or saying you endagered your kid or anything. Just saying if i walk into that scene, I'm sprinting the other way.
This is my thought also. Find a different way to solve the issue(s).

In his case, I've learned my lesson not showering him after swimming.  Kid gets raw and miserable and there isn't much worse than a whining/crying 5 year old. I've never seen a hose, perhaps that could have been an option (if they have one) but I've never been scared to shower in a public locker room, and I don't really want my kid to be scared either.    I never understood teammates who would go home and shower.  I thought it was nasty.  Then again, maybe I sweat more than most, but I feel like during my time in sports, most took showers after practice/games.  Today, as I am a coach, kids aren't the same way.  Most go home and shower.  I wouldn't let my kid in my car if he didn't shower after practice/game if it was possible to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread