What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Creepy Guy at the YMCA (1 Viewer)

The only other option I could have done, perhaps, was to let him go with my wife and daughter into the women's locker/shower.  As they get older, I don't think the girls should have to worry about this either.  Age 5 is kind of a breaking point for an age max I think. Too old to allow women/girls to feel comfortable, too young to be left alone.  

Serious question - doesn't the Y have a shower in the pool area.  Most do to do a quick rinse before or after you get in the pool.   

A quick rinse before you change could be the ticket!#!@ :)

You're still not in the wrong ....  Not blaming I was just curious

In his case, I've learned my lesson not showering him after swimming.  Kid gets raw and miserable and there isn't much worse than a whining/crying 5 year old. I've never seen a hose, perhaps that could have been an option (if they have one) but I've never been scared to shower in a public locker room, and I don't really want my kid to be scared either.    I never understood teammates who would go home and shower.  I thought it was nasty.  Then again, maybe I sweat more than most, but I feel like during my time in sports, most took showers after practice/games.  Today, as I am a coach, kids aren't the same way.  Most go home and shower.  I wouldn't let my kid in my car if he didn't shower after practice/game if it was possible to do so.
High school - never showered after a game - unless I wasn't going right home afterward.

College - showered

Serious question - doesn't the Y have a shower in the pool area.  Most do to do a quick rinse before or after you get in the pool.   

A quick rinse before you change could be the ticket!#!@ :)

You're still not in the wrong ....  Not blaming I was just curious
The only place I have known to shower/rinse off has been the showers in the locker room.  I suppose I could be missing it, I'll have to check next week.  It's not a huge place with a ton of different areas so I don't think there is another option.

The only place I have known to shower/rinse off has been the showers in the locker room.  I suppose I could be missing it, I'll have to check next week.  It's not a huge place with a ton of different areas so I don't think there is another option.
I was just thinking in general - if it saved you time - not because of el creepo

I was just thinking in general - if it saved you time - not because of el creepo
No, it's a good thought.  I never thought to look.  The only time I've seen "rinse off" showers was at the beach.  There might be one... I doubt it but perhaps.  

No, it's a good thought.  I never thought to look.  The only time I've seen "rinse off" showers was at the beach.  There might be one... I doubt it but perhaps.  
Most places have showers by the pool. Especially if there is a sauna by the pool... pretty sure it's a health code nowadays.

Has the "YMCA Shower Guy" alias reared its head yet, with a  "It's a Shame People Need to Give Their Children a Complex in the Shower" post?  If not, this place has REALLY gone downhill.  There'd be a time that guy would have appeared within 10 minutes of the original post.  

My daughter used to take swim lessons there and we do the open swim sometimes on the weekends. There is nowhere else to shower except for the locker rooms. There is no hose or quick standing shower out in the pool area to clean off.

My biggest concern is why the Y lets this creep do his stretching right in the pool area, in front of several children at times. There is more than enough room to stretch (or whatever he is doing) in the free weight area, hallway outside the locker rooms, where the machines are.  He is also wearing shoes while he does his stretching which used to be a bog "no no" in the pool area. I remember that the lifeguards used to really get on people for wearing shoes in the pool area. The only thing that used to be allowed was bare feet or flip flops.

I guess the next time I go to work out, I better have my phone ready while on the treadmill. There might be some good photos of Pyrite locking creeper in the sauna to do his creeped-out stretching there! I know..........I know.....................photos or GTFO!

My daughter used to take swim lessons there and we do the open swim sometimes on the weekends. There is nowhere else to shower except for the locker rooms. There is no hose or quick standing shower out in the pool area to clean off.

My biggest concern is why the Y lets this creep do his stretching right in the pool area, in front of several children at times. There is more than enough room to stretch (or whatever he is doing) in the free weight area, hallway outside the locker rooms, where the machines are.  He is also wearing shoes while he does his stretching which used to be a bog "no no" in the pool area. I remember that the lifeguards used to really get on people for wearing shoes in the pool area. The only thing that used to be allowed was bare feet or flip flops.

I guess the next time I go to work out, I better have my phone ready while on the treadmill. There might be some good photos of Pyrite locking creeper in the sauna to do his creeped-out stretching there! I know..........I know.....................photos or GTFO!
Admit it. from now on, every time you're at the Y, and you see a big guy who could possibly be an Offensive lineman, you're gonna be giving him the head nod, like, "you're pyite76," aren't you?

Update:

Creepy dude has a terminated membership now, and can never join another YMCA again.  Administration was very thorough and forthright.  

Now I will be contacting the Y legal department to determine if I need to have this documented via the police, or if they have already done so.  

Chalk one up for the good guys.  Later creep.

Had a lousy experience at the YMCA last night, I'd love to hear some thoughts from the FFA. Sorry if it's long.  I'm pissed.  Should I be, or am I overreacting?

Backstory:  There is a creepy guy at the YMCA where I take my kids for swimming lessons.  The dude is just plain weird, and we've seen him there almost every time we go for lessons for the last 2 years.  My kids are 5 and 8.  The dude wears his suit (trunks and a shirt), a bandana on his head, headphones, and about 15 rubber bands (the kind used for physical therapy on shoulders) hanging around his neck everywhere he goes.  He also wheels around a suitcase with him, around the pool and into the sauna with him.  He goes in and out of the sauna numerous times, back and forth.  The sauna is located in the pool area.   I always knew he was "off", and perhaps suffering from some sort of mental health issues. Eccentric would be the PC way to describe him, to say the least.
No ifs ands or buts.  This guy has mental issues.  Just the fact that he's speaking with you in the shower and pushing back verbally (especially considering your size).

I have some guy in our neighborhood who walks around all the time with luggage and carrying around a stuffed animal dolphin.  He's got some form of Tourettes I believe as he's throw out an expletive on occasion when he walks around.  Someone told me that he's totally harmless though.  Not so sure your psycho is.

Update:

Creepy dude has a terminated membership now, and can never join another YMCA again.  Administration was very thorough and forthright.  

Now I will be contacting the Y legal department to determine if I need to have this documented via the police, or if they have already done so.  

Chalk one up for the good guys.  Later creep.
I’d hold off on raping him then.

I still think the police should be involved. Predators will find some other place/victims until they are placed where they cannot. 

I still think the police should be involved. Predators will find some other place/victims until they are placed where they cannot. 
The main problem with this is he didn't do anything illegal.  This is from my cop friend.  I totally agree with you and took steps to explore the option.  Cop said there wasn't much they could do.  :shrug:

I'd probably avoid the place for a couple weeks in case he decides to hang out in the parking lot looking for you for retribution.

I'd probably avoid the place for a couple weeks in case he decides to hang out in the parking lot looking for you for retribution.
The dude's probably had enough interactions like this that he wouldn't even know who he should blame.

parasaurolophus said:
Fondling yourself in plain sight of a kid is legal? 
That's what I say too, and had a cop saw him do it, that might have helped.  The fact that he was showering and not legit stroking off makes this a grey area he told me, and one he wouldn't get a charge to stick to as he was showering.  Cop says he is a definite creep, but not breaking any laws.  

cap'n grunge said:
No chance of this, but I get where you're coming from.  No way I am letting this dude make my kids miss lessons.  If dude is there I'll be ready and plan on searching the parking lot for him in a car before I enter. I have no doubt I can whip his a$$. Need to make sure he doesn't know our car also.  I don't need the family truckster getting keyed or splattered with baby batter.  If he's there I'll call the cops immediately and send the family elsewhere. 

I was just showering and this creepy family stared at my junk as they walked by. Felt like I should say something to them, so started with harmless conversation about kids being able to shower by themselves as way to make this obviously former offensive lineman feel good about his child rearing abilities. And now I can't even use the facilities any more... Even after this guy threatened me. 

Let's face it - there are creepy guys at every gym.  I would never let my young kids shower alone or at least enter the shower area alone.

That's what I say too, and had a cop saw him do it, that might have helped.  The fact that he was showering and not legit stroking off makes this a grey area he told me, and one he wouldn't get a charge to stick to as he was showering.  Cop says he is a definite creep, but not breaking any laws.  
I may have misunderstood your descriptions and the time length. Seemed to me at reading this was an obvious case of playing with himself and not washing himself.

1. Shower curtain left open.

2. Engaged in behavior outside of the shower

3.Engaged in behavior for a period of time that is beyond any reasonable expectation.

I would have called the cops in a heartbeat. Maybe the guy presents an argument that he has OCD and he washes all of his body parts for 8 minutes. That is up to the cops and legal system to decide and for him to present. The likelihood of that is pretty low. The likelihood that he has a record and is probably supposed to be staying away from kids, let alone doing that, is a lot higher. 

There is plenty of behavior that goes on at gyms regularly that should probably be considered illegal because it is so messed up. This is so far beyond any of that. There is literally no excuse ever for a guy to leave his shower stall at the gym while actively engaging with any activity involving his penis. Certainly not activity that involves getting closer in proximity to a 5 year old while outside of said stall. Even if you can present an argument that somehow in a million years makes this legit, there is no way that the same person should still be engaging in that activity in plain sight several minutes later(not to mention he was doing it before for a while also).  

I am going to stop googling "Man arrested at YMCA for indecent exposure" but needless to say there are plenty of incidents and I think some of them don't even sound as creepy as the one you posted. Pretty much too late now to call, but obviously put me in the camp that you did not overreact. 

I personally would get a second opinion from a different cop if you in any way encounter this nut again. 

In this day and age there is no grey area with this stuff.  Anything even remotely close is acted on swiftly.  The absolute last thing the police want is a huge suit because they did not act and the guy does something to a kid.  They will always act on the side of caution here towards the child, not the adult.

The advice the first cop gave you does not sound correct based on your description of the events.

I was just showering and this creepy family stared at my junk as they walked by. Felt like I should say something to them, so started with harmless conversation about kids being able to shower by themselves as way to make this obviously former offensive lineman feel good about his child rearing abilities. And now I can't even use the facilities any more... Even after this guy threatened me. 
I laughed. 

Interesting, I always assumed you showered with the scarf on.

Let's face it - there are creepy guys at every gym.  I would never let my young kids shower alone or at least enter the shower area alone.
gyms have gotta be one of the creepiest places possible.  The nude old guys prancing all over the locker room is bizarre.  Surprised they don't have separate kids locker rooms where only the kids and parents of them are allowed in.

No chance of this, but I get where you're coming from.  No way I am letting this dude make my kids miss lessons.  If dude is there I'll be ready and plan on searching the parking lot for him in a car before I enter. I have no doubt I can whip his a$$. Need to make sure he doesn't know our car also.  I don't need the family truckster getting keyed or splattered with baby batter.  If he's there I'll call the cops immediately and send the family elsewhere. 
Be sure to remember, bad guys don't fight fair most of the time... he easily could have a knife or some kind of weapon.

I may have misunderstood your descriptions and the time length. Seemed to me at reading this was an obvious case of playing with himself and not washing himself.

1. Shower curtain left open.

2. Engaged in behavior outside of the shower

3.Engaged in behavior for a period of time that is beyond any reasonable expectation.

I would have called the cops in a heartbeat. Maybe the guy presents an argument that he has OCD and he washes all of his body parts for 8 minutes. That is up to the cops and legal system to decide and for him to present. The likelihood of that is pretty low. The likelihood that he has a record and is probably supposed to be staying away from kids, let alone doing that, is a lot higher. 

There is plenty of behavior that goes on at gyms regularly that should probably be considered illegal because it is so messed up. This is so far beyond any of that. There is literally no excuse ever for a guy to leave his shower stall at the gym while actively engaging with any activity involving his penis. Certainly not activity that involves getting closer in proximity to a 5 year old while outside of said stall. Even if you can present an argument that somehow in a million years makes this legit, there is no way that the same person should still be engaging in that activity in plain sight several minutes later(not to mention he was doing it before for a while also).  

I am going to stop googling "Man arrested at YMCA for indecent exposure" but needless to say there are plenty of incidents and I think some of them don't even sound as creepy as the one you posted. Pretty much too late now to call, but obviously put me in the camp that you did not overreact. 
The People at the Y know his name.  They can do a search to find any record he has.  I'm betting they (or the police they talked to) did.

I personally would get a second opinion from a different cop if you in any way encounter this nut again. 

In this day and age there is no grey area with this stuff.  Anything even remotely close is acted on swiftly.  The absolute last thing the police want is a huge suit because they did not act and the guy does something to a kid.  They will always act on the side of caution here towards the child, not the adult.

The advice the first cop gave you does not sound correct based on your description of the events.
The YMCA told me they run background checks on everyone who applies for membership.

Be sure to remember, bad guys don't fight fair most of the time... he easily could have a knife or some kind of weapon.
He didn't show up... this time.

If you can't wash your junk and your balloon knot in the time it takes to sing the Chicago Bears fight song you are playing with yourself.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory. (soaping junk)
Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.  (rinsing junk)
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation. (adjusting stance)
Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown. (scrub that chute)
You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down. (finish-meant in the crudest form possible)

Glad to see this guy is banned.  I used to lifeguard in my younger days and something about pools (especially indoor pools) brings out some of the weirdest of society.

Outdoor Pool Issues:

-Kids pooping on the diving board.  Never saw the actual act, but sure enough, like once or twice every summer, there would be a steamer that fell out of someone's suit just sitting on the board.

-Someone used to poop on the floor directly in front of the toilet.  WTF, why?!?!?

-There was a guy who sat on a hill near the pool, looked into the pool with binoculars, and dropped trough and treated his body as an amusement park.  We called the cops, they got him before he finished.  Marched him to the squad car cuffed with his shorts still around his ankles.

Indoor Pool Issues:

-Several couples doing it in the hot tub.  Often arrived separately and left separately.  Assumed married folks using the public hot tub as the spot to cheat.

-This one dude with a tattoo of an eagle holding a swastika in his talons used to spend an hour in the hot tub, facing outwards and clearly lined up with the jet, just staring at people.  We couldn't do anything about it, he broke no rules, never said a word.  Just starred at people while hot water blasted up on his junk.

-Another dude used to go in the sauna nude with an empty cup.  He'd stay in there an hour collecting his sweat, and then he'd drink it.  Again, nothing we could do about that, wasn't against the rules.  Possibly the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed.  He was there doing this pretty much every day.  Staff called him "Sauna Man". :shrug:

Glad to see this guy is banned.  I used to lifeguard in my younger days and something about pools (especially indoor pools) brings out some of the weirdest of society.

Outdoor Pool Issues:

-Kids pooping on the diving board.  Never saw the actual act, but sure enough, like once or twice every summer, there would be a steamer that fell out of someone's suit just sitting on the board.

-Someone used to poop on the floor directly in front of the toilet.  WTF, why?!?!?

-There was a guy who sat on a hill near the pool, looked into the pool with binoculars, and dropped trough and treated his body as an amusement park.  We called the cops, they got him before he finished.  Marched him to the squad car cuffed with his shorts still around his ankles.

Indoor Pool Issues:

-Several couples doing it in the hot tub.  Often arrived separately and left separately.  Assumed married folks using the public hot tub as the spot to cheat.

-This one dude with a tattoo of an eagle holding a swastika in his talons used to spend an hour in the hot tub, facing outwards and clearly lined up with the jet, just staring at people.  We couldn't do anything about it, he broke no rules, never said a word.  Just starred at people while hot water blasted up on his junk.

-Another dude used to go in the sauna nude with an empty cup.  He'd stay in there an hour collecting his sweat, and then he'd drink it.  Again, nothing we could do about that, wasn't against the rules.  Possibly the weirdest thing I've ever witnessed.  He was there doing this pretty much every day.  Staff called him "Sauna Man". :shrug:
W. T. Efffffffffffffffffff

Users who are viewing this thread