What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Culpepper for Lewis? (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
There has been speculation that the Ravens would use the tag on Jamal Lewis and trade him to the Minnesota Vikings for disgruntled quarterback Daunte Culpepper. Others have projected the Ravens to take Southern California running back LenDale White with the 13th overall pick in the draft, which would remove the need for keeping Lewis. It appears the only guarantee is Lewis won't be receiving a new long-term deal from the Ravens before free agency begins March 3.

from the Baltimore Sun

That would be as moronic as it gets for the Vikings.

I say there's an approximate 0.0% chance that that happens.
:goodposting: When I saw the topic I thought it was talking about RAY Lewis, which was discussed here before as well...

Sounds like fans wishing.

C-Pep had a bad year but is still a franchise QB.

Lewis is an RB who didn't even start full-time near the end of the year. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Ravens would have to toss in some amazing other players to even sniff this.

Lewis is an RB who didn't even start full-time near the end of the year. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Cpep had a serious knee injury and because of that his big big BIG contract is intimidating. His trade value is relatively low now.Lewis is a FA and this would be a sign and trade. A former 2000 yard back is hardly a "dime a dozen" NFL commodity but he's been to jail and had 2 or 3 knee surgeries himself.

Lewis is an RB who didn't even start full-time near the end of the year.  RBs are a dime a dozen.

Cpep had a serious knee injury and because of that his big big BIG contract is intimidating. His trade value is relatively low now.Lewis is a FA and this would be a sign and trade. A former 2000 yard back is hardly a "dime a dozen" NFL commodity but he's been to jail and had 2 or 3 knee surgeries himself.
Very valid points, but to NFL GMs Franchise QBs are worth far far more than Franchise RBs. Cases in point include the play that Edge got on the market last year. Even with the knee injury C-Pep is worth more as the manager of the offense than Lewis could be. Besides, quality RBs that can get you 1000 yds 10tds can be pulled from undrafted FAs such as Willie Parker.

:goodposting: When I saw the topic I thought it was talking about RAY Lewis, which was discussed here before as well...
I as well. :lmao: @ Jamal Lewis. Jamal Lewis makes Onterrio Smith look like a standup citizen.

I as well. :lmao: @ Jamal Lewis. Jamal Lewis makes Onterrio Smith look like a standup citizen.
Jamal does not run nearly as high a risk as far as NFL violations are concenred and is 5x the talent of O. While Jamal may not be the brightest guy out there, he has not risked or endangered his NFL career nearly as badly as O has.

Jamal does not run nearly as high a risk as far as NFL violations are concenred and is 5x the talent of O. While Jamal may not be the brightest guy out there, he has not risked or endangered his NFL career nearly as badly as O has.
I wasn't talking about suspensions or the NFL drug policy. I was referencing Zygi Wilf's desire to get good character guys on his team while he continues to attempt to get a stadium bill pushed through the State Congress.

I wasn't talking about suspensions or the NFL drug policy. I was referencing Zygi Wilf's desire to get good character guys on his team while he continues to attempt to get a stadium bill pushed through the State Congress.
Oh, I see. Sorry about the confusion.

Jamal does not run nearly as high a risk as far as NFL violations are concenred and is 5x the talent of O.  While Jamal may not be the brightest guy out there, he has not risked or endangered his NFL career nearly as badly as O has.
Personally I think it is a load of crap, but Zygi has been vocal about his desire to get 'high character guys on the team'.

Personally I think it is a load of crap, but Zygi has been vocal about his desire to get 'high character guys on the team'.
After this past season, I can't blame him.

Users who are viewing this thread