What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM* (1 Viewer)

Excellent episode this week, outstanding writing as usual.
This weeks episode was perfect. It had the elements that worked so well in Curb and Seinfeld, when the whole episode just ends up coming full circle at the very end.

I like how even though Loretta and the others have moved out, Leon is still going to be on the show living and hanging with his boy LD. Glad the writers found a way to keep him on the show even after the break up. The whole irony is that Leon lived in LA to begin with and was never impacted by Katrina yet he has somehow found a way to live at Larry's house :unsure:

Best part of the episode IMO was when Larry made his "I know you were giving him a blow job" comment to the doctor and she started beating him over the head with her book.

This show is just amazing. It has remained great for 7 seasons now without a dip. So far this season has been great. Keep it up LD.

This might be my favorite show ever. I don't know of a show that has elicited as much emotional response (namely gut-bustingly hilarious belly laughs :goodposting: ) from me as this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The funniest part to me was the last scene when he is in the car and Jeff's wife is yelling at him. He starts to go get the knife but comes back and looks in for a quick second glance and yelled, ahh., for whatever reason It killed me.

Curb has been better then ever and the Seinfeld gang is joining them next episode!!!

Nothing is better then Curb, especially with that lame Bored to Death show on HBO

Why haven't I watched this show more? Last night I was in tears watching the episode focused on blow jobs in cars. Absolutely hilarious. LD is pure genius.

Slow? loved the episode!

Building the whole season's plot and there were many great exchanges IMO.

Plus hearing Jerry say the F word was a shock to the system.

Didnt think he would ever utter even a PG:13 word before

Good episode; I agree it was funny to hear Jerry drop an F bomb.

The power dynamic with Larry and the NBC president seems inverted. The network needs the reunion show a lot more than Larry and the cast. The president should be groveling to Larry, not the other way around. That whole scene rang false.

Dreyfus has two sons, not two daughters.

The power dynamic with Larry and the NBC president seems inverted. The network needs the reunion show a lot more than Larry and the cast. The president should be groveling to Larry, not the other way around. That whole scene rang false.
Excellent observation. I was watching the episode with a buddy of mine, and I paused it when they were in the guy's office and said to my friend "this is complete BS... this guy would be sucking Larry's #### and waxing his car every day in order to get a Seinfeld reunion on the air!"

HBO is new here, so the only episodes I've seen are the 3 from this season. I know little about the characters. did Jeff set up the run in between Larry and the exwife at NBC?

HBO is new here, so the only episodes I've seen are the 3 from this season. I know little about the characters. did Jeff set up the run in between Larry and the exwife at NBC?
No, Larry and the ex-wife running into each other was a coincidence.

Excellent observation. I was watching the episode with a buddy of mine, and I paused it when they were in the guy's office and said to my friend "this is complete BS... this guy would be sucking Larry's #### and waxing his car every day in order to get a Seinfeld reunion on the air!"
i said the exact same thing, that would never happen in real life especially NBC of today!but you gotta suspend some reality and just enjoy Curb for what it is

The rest of the season should be great....was obvious the Meg Ryan thing was coming...but will be good nonetheless.

Are seinfeld cast on more then this one episode
This season is 10 episodes. I am assuming they are going to be in the remainder of the episodes since the reunion show is central to the plotline of the entire season.

Leon is gonna forgive Kramer for dropping the N word on those people. I told my wife my thoughts a few weeks ago and now Im sure of it. And Leon is gonna call him Kramer of course (not Michael). If it happend Richards will owe L.D. HUGE! :goodposting:

Leon is gonna forgive Kramer for dropping the N word on those people. I told my wife my thoughts a few weeks ago and now Im sure of it. And Leon is gonna call him Kramer of course (not Michael). If it happend Richards will owe L.D. HUGE! :thumbup:
I don't know. Leon said he'd never seen an episode of Seinfeld, so he wouldn't call him Kramer.

I wish LD would have gotten Leon when the girls boyfriend came over instead of going to the doctors house. That jsut wasnt funny and I bet Leon would have stolen the episode.

Detective Bookman dryly funny.
We've never really watched this, but my wife and I are huge Seinfeld fan. So the reunion plot got us to tune in last week and we watched again this week. Is the point always to re-cast old Seinfeld characters in addition to re-hashing old Seinfeld plots? I've seen it touted many times as being way funnier than Seinfeld, being a show about the "real" George, tons of funny ad libbing and running with a premise instead of a script, etc. But it felt like that "South Park" episode of "Simpson's did it." My wife and I turned to each other at least 4 times during the show and said, "They did that on Seinfeld." The unhooking side he needed to sit on (when George dated the girl with the bad hearing on one side), the not being able to grip something with his injured hand (the Asian guys in the Farbman drawers), having to yell at the singer in the restaurant (George faking the arm tic) and the party food etiquette speech (the double dip.)Is this like the British Office versus the American Office, where they're just re-imagining a lot of the same plot devices but in new ways and with blurred characters (You can obviously see David's influence on the George and Jerry characters, based on just the 2 episodes I've seen), rather than re-making it? Or was this just a lot of coincidences in this particular episode?

Detective Bookman dryly funny.
We've never really watched this, but my wife and I are huge Seinfeld fan. So the reunion plot got us to tune in last week and we watched again this week. Is the point always to re-cast old Seinfeld characters in addition to re-hashing old Seinfeld plots? I've seen it touted many times as being way funnier than Seinfeld, being a show about the "real" George, tons of funny ad libbing and running with a premise instead of a script, etc. But it felt like that "South Park" episode of "Simpson's did it." My wife and I turned to each other at least 4 times during the show and said, "They did that on Seinfeld." The unhooking side he needed to sit on (when George dated the girl with the bad hearing on one side), the not being able to grip something with his injured hand (the Asian guys in the Farbman drawers), having to yell at the singer in the restaurant (George faking the arm tic) and the party food etiquette speech (the double dip.)Is this like the British Office versus the American Office, where they're just re-imagining a lot of the same plot devices but in new ways and with blurred characters (You can obviously see David's influence on the George and Jerry characters, based on just the 2 episodes I've seen), rather than re-making it? Or was this just a lot of coincidences in this particular episode?
Noid, it's a LOT of coincidences in one particular episode--I noticed a lot of those similarities myself. And I really think you should go back and watch the first six seasons as soon as you get a chance. They're sheer hot-faced genius.

Last night wasn't too good. Maybe I was expecting more with the Feld plot (even Jeff was on Conan last week and I took his comments to mean they would be in the rest of the season), but it just wasn't that good. Some funny parts for sure though. Wouldn't judge a series on that one episode if anyone was just tuning in for some Seinfeld.

Sounds like they really screwed this one up. They followed the one episode they were promoting to draw in new viewers from the Seinfeld fans and then followed it up with a stinker.

I'll stick around a few more episodes but that might not be the case for others.

I agree...i'm a huge fan but that episode was terrible. Its funny when he isn't mean for the sake of being mean. He was just being mean and stupid on the last show. its the first one i've seen in a long time where i just felt like walking away...

It was actually my favorite episode of the season. Maybe I just related to a lot of the stuff going on in the show so it made me laugh. I liked how he choked on the pie when the girl was on the phone and blew her cover. I liked how he was making a big deal about how the song from Sammy wasn't a real gift and then told her to shut the f--- up when she was singing in the morning. I also like his banter with the doctor. I remember them going at it in another episode when Larry used his office phone to make a personal phone call. So, it was good to see them going at it again. I wish they would have been able to somehow use Leon when the angry boyfriend was going to his house to find him but, oh well.

These episodes feel a little forced to me, especially this week. The real life cringe worthy moments Larry used to create all seemed somewhat real, like they could really happen. Now, they seem too obvious and forced. For instance, not even 5 seconds after he says hello to Christian Slater, he is criticizing his eating of the fish eggs. Usually there would be some set up or something to make it funny. Its like they just jump right into the jokes now, without much thought or care.

This season can't hold a candle to season 3 or 4 (so far).

wow i thought that was one of the funniest episodes in a LONG time. I laughed hard throughout. The whole thing with the shorts, the cursing out the Green's daughter, the smile comment, christian slater, the wrong # conversation with the doctor. LMAO

These episodes feel a little forced to me, especially this week. The real life cringe worthy moments Larry used to create all seemed somewhat real, like they could really happen. Now, they seem too obvious and forced. For instance, not even 5 seconds after he says hello to Christian Slater, he is criticizing his eating of the fish eggs. Usually there would be some set up or something to make it funny. Its like they just jump right into the jokes now, without much thought or care.This season can't hold a candle to season 3 or 4 (so far).
I agree. Though they often use comedic license to create exaggerated moments, it felt very forced when Larry yelled at Sammie and it seemed odd that that chick would go out with Larry when she had a boyfriend. I actually thought that the boyfriend was going to be Christian Slater.

Please See Mine said:
These episodes feel a little forced to me, especially this week. The real life cringe worthy moments Larry used to create all seemed somewhat real, like they could really happen. Now, they seem too obvious and forced. For instance, not even 5 seconds after he says hello to Christian Slater, he is criticizing his eating of the fish eggs. Usually there would be some set up or something to make it funny. Its like they just jump right into the jokes now, without much thought or care.This season can't hold a candle to season 3 or 4 (so far).
I agree. Though they often use comedic license to create exaggerated moments, it felt very forced when Larry yelled at Sammie and it seemed odd that that chick would go out with Larry when she had a boyfriend. I actually thought that the boyfriend was going to be Christian Slater.
Yep, I agree too. In most episodes, you feel like you are watching a real guy who is just completely socially inept, but in a strange way he is right. That's what makes it so entertaining. In this last episode, it felt like we were watching an actor try to play the part of Larry David, as opposed to actually watching Larry David in "real life."

Definitely better than last week imo. Some of the stuff does seem forced though...like the Rosie crap. On the other hand, Danson's role was great this week, last week not so much. And we had some more Leon and wheelchairs. Still disappointed only a mention of the 'Feld cast when I was under the impression they were going to be in the entire season after the first episode or two.

Larry making out w/ Debbie Handicap was the 2nd funniest thing this season, just a hair behind him trying to open that plastic package.

Why haven't I watched this show more? Last night I was in tears watching the episode focused on blow jobs in cars. Absolutely hilarious. LD is pure genius.
I'm in the same boat -- watch occasionally, but have never become a devotee, which will likely change.Last night's was great -- Larry running upstairs to escape the pissed off wheelchair babes was hillarious, as was the implied Rosie beatdown he got. "Excuse me ladies, I'll handle this," or whatever her exact line was --GOLD.

Users who are viewing this thread