What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM* (1 Viewer)

That was a fantastic episode, beginning to end. These last two, IMO, have been the best since the season finale with Larry & The Blacks.

Susie Essman really knows how to swear.

I've always thought Joe Pesci was the gold standard, but she's in the picture.

The f-bombs drop from her mouth so easily yet they have an anger and an intensity.

That was a fantastic episode, beginning to end. These last two, IMO, have been the best since the season finale with Larry & The Blacks.
I have never gotten into this show, but I watched these first two episodes and am wondering why I haven't stopped by this party before. Hilarious show. "lol Jeff, lol."

Larry's on the cover of Rolling Stone this month, and the interview/article is worth reading if you're a fan.

Is "Super Dave Osborne" an obscure reference to the actor playing Funkhouser?

That is how I always refer to him, and I'm surprised how few people have heard of him--not just younger people, but people in their late 30's, early 40's.

I loved his show as a kid. I couldn't wait to see what new way he would get demolished (my favorite was by the steamroller).

'Encyclopedia Brown said:
Is "Super Dave Osborne" an obscure reference to the actor playing Funkhouser?That is how I always refer to him, and I'm surprised how few people have heard of him--not just younger people, but people in their late 30's, early 40's.I loved his show as a kid. I couldn't wait to see what new way he would get demolished (my favorite was by the steamroller).
Told this to my wife and she was like WTF is that?

Is "Super Dave Osborne" an obscure reference to the actor playing Funkhouser?That is how I always refer to him, and I'm surprised how few people have heard of him--not just younger people, but people in their late 30's, early 40's.I loved his show as a kid. I couldn't wait to see what new way he would get demolished (my favorite was by the steamroller).
Told this to my wife and she was like WTF is that?
He will always be Super Dave to me :banned:

Super Dave on the Letterman show was some of the best comedy out there. :thumbup:

I thought the first episode of the season was literally one of the best episodes ever made. Second episode was strong but now seems to be tanking. They should have had larry, funkhauser and leon all move in with each other.

I thought the first episode of the season was literally one of the best episodes ever made. Second episode was strong but now seems to be tanking. They should have had larry, funkhauser and leon all move in with each other.
completely disagreeFirst episode was a 6/10Second episode was 9/10Third episode was 10/10Fourth episode was 6/10

completely disagreeFirst episode was a 6/10

Second episode was 9/10

Third episode was 10/10

Fourth episode was 6/10
I'd agree with this for the most part. Really looking forward to seeing LD in NYC. He better take Leon b/c he hasn't been featured like he should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
4th episode could have had everything covered in about 15 mins. Not my favorite, but I'm grateful for new stuff anytime.

Richard Lewis sitting alone at the restaurant at the end had me rolling. The last you saw him was about the middle of the episode with the "I need a confirmation". I had forgotten about Larry's guarantee until the end.

Larry catching the women in a chat 'n cut.

"First of all, congratulations on a great attempt at a chat 'n cut, really good! 99 times out of a 100, that's gonna work, unfortunately, I happen to be in the line."

"I respect your skills really. Excellent"

Larry getting accused of a chat 'n cut.

"It's a total chat 'n cut"

"No no no no no.. Please, please, don't insult me okay, I invented the chat 'n cut. This is amateur hour. If I was gonna do it, you wouldn't even notice."

"It's not a chat 'n cut!" :lmao:

Larry's inquisitive mind wondering how a vet's income stacks up against a medical doctors', so he asks the wife. Of course she is amazed at his bold and personal questioning. So he tells her she can ask him anything, "go ahead, ask."

Her question? "When is the last time you ****** off?"

Larry, "This morning."

Richard Lewis sitting alone at the restaurant at the end had me rolling. The last you saw him was about the middle of the episode with the "I need a confirmation". I had forgotten about Larry's guarantee until the end. Larry catching the women in a chat 'n cut. "First of all, congratulations on a great attempt at a chat 'n cut, really good! 99 times out of a 100, that's gonna work, unfortunately, I happen to be in the line.""I respect your skills really. Excellent"
The woman actually replied "Thank you" :lmao:

Larry's inquisitive mind wondering how a vet's income stacks up against a medical doctors', so he asks the wife. Of course she is amazed at his bold and personal questioning. So he tells her she can ask him anything, "go ahead, ask."Her question? "When is the last time you ****** off?"Larry, "This morning."
:lmao: :lmao:

Richard Lewis sitting alone at the restaurant at the end had me rolling. The last you saw him was about the middle of the episode with the "I need a confirmation". I had forgotten about Larry's guarantee until the end.

Larry catching the women in a chat 'n cut.

"First of all, congratulations on a great attempt at a chat 'n cut, really good! 99 times out of a 100, that's gonna work, unfortunately, I happen to be in the line."

"I respect your skills really. Excellent"
The woman actually replied "Thank you" :lmao:
Chat 'n cut

I wonder if Gervais improvised the line about Seinfeld being "broad comedy" and David left it in.

I have watched the scene twice, and the way Larry flinched and his mouth opened but he didn't have a comeback seemed unscripted. He looked genuinely surprised by that line.

He's heard all sorts of insults about his personality, his baldness, his outlook on life, but I would bet he has not heard any snide remarks about Seinfeld, and that's maybe why he was caught off guard.

I wonder if Gervais improvised the line about Seinfeld being "broad comedy" and David left it in.I have watched the scene twice, and the way Larry flinched and his mouth opened but he didn't have a comeback seemed unscripted. He looked genuinely surprised by that line.He's heard all sorts of insults about his personality, his baldness, his outlook on life, but I would bet he has not heard any snide remarks about Seinfeld, and that's maybe why he was caught off guard.
"I like the laugh track on your show... it lets you know when to laugh." :lol:

Very solid episode. One faux paus though. Why would Larry buy Gervais a bottle of wine when Jeff is trying to land him in his agent represented actor stable? Jeff should have picked up the wine. Gervais did screw him on the $200 ticket though, first he said "I'll get you a couple tickets" when they established Larry would be flying solo he said, "you can get your ticket at the box office".

Loving this season, previews shows Leon is back next week.

Users who are viewing this thread