What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Current Expert Draft (Bloom, Silva, Barfield, Clay, Harmon) (1 Viewer)

Not necessarily. While I wouldn’t draft like he did, he could hit on late or ww RB. 
Not just that he took wrs but also risky ones imo. The Vikings defense is great, the running game should be better. I wouldn't draft both their wrs and then add Hogan. Needs a lot of things to go right for this team to win.

In my dynasty leagues I go wr early but especially with all the stud rbs right now I just can't see this working in redraft. The point difference from a top 5 rb to a top 30 is huge. 

Burkhead ADP is terrible...love that his ADP is hitting the 4th round...what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Burkhead RB1.  Interesting.

Over Ingram, Henry, Lamar Miller, Drake.
I'd have no problem taking Burkhead over Ingram or Miller. Drake is someone I have no idea what to make of. I have him somewhere between 10-30 at RB. I'd probably take him over Burkhead, but wouldn't feel good about it. That said, Henry feels like a big steal at this point. I think he's clearly ahead of all these guys, and Penny as well, who went shortly thereafter.

I know expert leagues fade QB's, but man, I would have taken Rodgers by now. He's a steal in round 5, and I think he could fall even further. Somewhat related, I'm a little surprised by no Jimmy Graham yet. Especially with guys like Sanders, Penny and Crabtree going. Maybe I'm higher on the Packers offense than the experts are, as i thought Adams went low as well.

They may but Smith had an MVP type season and was the most efficient deep ball passer in the NFL last year. I know a lot of had to do with Hill but it’s asking a lot for a 2nd year QB with 1 start to duplicate or even improve on 4K yards and 26 TDs.
It is but I believe in Mahome's talent and Hill did have a lot to do with Alex Smiths career year. Hill made Smith not the other way around. His career stats prove that.

I'd have no problem taking Burkhead over Ingram or Miller. Drake is someone I have no idea what to make of. I have him somewhere between 10-30 at RB. I'd probably take him over Burkhead, but wouldn't feel good about it. That said, Henry feels like a big steal at this point. I think he's clearly ahead of all these guys, and Penny as well, who went shortly thereafter.

I know expert leagues fade QB's, but man, I would have taken Rodgers by now. He's a steal in round 5, and I think he could fall even further. Somewhat related, I'm a little surprised by no Jimmy Graham yet. Especially with guys like Sanders, Penny and Crabtree going. Maybe I'm higher on the Packers offense than the experts are, as i thought Adams went low as well.
Jimmy Graham moved like a tranquilized elephant last year, he's off my draft board - along with Penny since that run game will be a dumpster fire no matter which way you slice it. 

I know expert leagues fade QB's, but man, I would have taken Rodgers by now. He's a steal in round 5, and I think he could fall even further.
I agree.  Like COBB just went over Rodgers.  Is Cobb really that important to a team that you'd pass on the clear top QB?  SOmetimes people take the 'let qb's slide" thing too far.  Tremendous value to whoever jumps on him now.

Burkhead ADP is terrible...love that his ADP is hitting the 4th round...what a joke.
It’s absurd, really. I get that his ADP is on the rise since the news Michel will miss some time, but as soon Michel hits the field, Burkhead’s value falls of a cliff. If I’m drafting a RB at that spot, which I probably won’t, I want a guy that will keep the job. Get your RBs early and dive into that deep pool of WR in the middle rounds.

Jimmy Graham moved like a tranquilized elephant last year, he's off my draft board - along with Penny since that run game will be a dumpster fire no matter which way you slice it. 
Glad to see you say this on Graham.  I have more than my fair share of him so far and I need to back off a bit I think.  But with Rodgers feeding him in the redzone I could see 8-10 TDs to go with a small yardage number.  I'm torn.

Everybody on board w/ Sig's Edelman pick  Return from ACL out w/ four-game suspension to start the Season  Pretty sure the shark move would be Dorsett in later rounds  Now I would have rather seen Flash drafted so my view is just bias

A tranquilized elephant that had 10 TD's, while playing through injury, in a lesser(when compared to this year) passing game. I agree Graham's tape was rough, just not sure it matters for fantasy. Green Bay saw the same tape and signed him to a massive deal. Graham looked pretty great in 2016. He's my TE4. 

Everybody on board w/ Sig's Edelman pick  Return from ACL out w/ four-game suspension to start the Season  Pretty sure the shark move would be Dorsett in later rounds  Now I would have rather seen Flash drafted so my view is just bias
That's about a round high for me. I get the pick, but its not great value in my opinion. I love Bloom's RB's and very much think he's reached on both his WR's.

I still can't believe Rodgers is there 65 picks in. Marlon Mack goes ahead of Rodgers? Mack is my new worst pick. 63rd overall for a guy who is likely splitting with 2 other guys, in a bad running offense is such a reach. At least 4 rounds early for me. 

Derrick Henry at #62 to Clay is the biggest steal so far. No risk at all that late, and he's a guy who has 12+ TD's in his range of possible outcomes.

That's about a round high for me. I get the pick, but its not great value in my opinion. I love Bloom's RB's and very much think he's reached on both his WR's.

I still can't believe Rodgers is there 65 picks in. Marlon Mack goes ahead of Rodgers? Mack is my new worst pick. 63rd overall for a guy who is likely splitting with 2 other guys, in a bad running offense is such a reach. At least 4 rounds early for me. 

Derrick Henry at #62 to Clay is the biggest steal so far. No risk at all that late, and he's a guy who has 12+ TD's in his range of possible outcomes.
100% to both points. Should prob go to the “players I want no part of” thread right now and post Marlon Mack. Would not surprise me at all if he’s getting less than half the carries by midseason. Prettttty sure Rodgers belongs ahead of him. 

And I don’t know if I’m just an over eager owner of Henry that was incredibly frustrated having him and Murray last year but man I really think Henry can put up top 15 numbers this year as his floor if they use him right. Lewis makes me temper my expectations a bit but if the Titans have the lead coming out of halftime, Henry should get the ball every down until he is stopped. 

I agree.  Like COBB just went over Rodgers.  Is Cobb really that important to a team that you'd pass on the clear top QB?  SOmetimes people take the 'let qb's slide" thing too far.  Tremendous value to whoever jumps on him now.
It’s like a game of chicken so that they can keep their “expert” cred.
It feels like performance art.

In 2016 Aaron Rodgers outscored QB12 by 113 points in this format; he outscored QB2 by 45 points. Seems like the kind of player who might help you win maybe?

I dunno about QB just yet   Think I'd like to see Sig take Evan Engrams next  Now if that ain't followed up by a few TE's leaving the board?  Then maybe pull the trigger on a QB   Process being that ya wanna start trends more so than being late  Sig's probably going WR... maybe Funchess  (concerns on their OLine health) Also, I understand the ARod love but I kinda like the idea of going Cousins whose probably not gonna be drafted before the likes of ARod n' such

(Truly crazy but yet another RB could really dictate a trend)  Funny to see the backs not drafted yet  Hyde, Chubb, Crowell  I mean their gonna be reaching soon to go RB  

I dunno about QB just yet   Think I'd like to see Sig take Evan Engrams next  Now if that ain't followed up by a few TE's leaving the board?  Then maybe pull the trigger on a QB   Process being that ya wanna start trends more so than being late  Sig's probably going WR... maybe Funchess  (concerns on their OLine health) Also, I understand the ARod love but I kinda like the idea of going Cousins whose probably not gonna be drafted before the likes of ARod n' such

(Truly crazy but yet another RB could really dictate a trend)  Funny to see the backs not drafted yet  Hyde, Chubb, Crowell  I mean their gonna be reaching soon to go RB  
Ya but we're in the 7th round.  That is value no matter how you spin it.  He's gotta go soon.  He's gotta!

Yeah, there's no way Hill is putting up 1400/12.  He might approach 1400 yards but it's hard seeing him get more than 10 TDs.  Anything is possible, but I'm not seeing him putting up Milkman's numbers. I can see 1200/10 as a doable ceiling.
Here's something I posted in another thread a while ago (minor changes to reflect different thread).  As to the above, he was at 1183 yards LAST YEAR and missed a game and only got 105 targets.  As a 2nd year WR.  How is 1200 his ceiling based on that?  Now, maybe 10 TDs is a reasonable ceiling, but TDs can be fluky so I don't think 12 is out of the question.  I do think 1400/10 is a stat line that he's perfectly capable of hitting this year.   Anyway, see below for my previous post:

In 1 ppr, Tyreek Hill finished as WR8 with 16 ppg.  I'm going to leave off OBJ because he missed most of the season.  Here are the 6 guys who finished ahead of him.

A. Brown -- 22 ppg
Hopkins -- 20.8 ppg
K. Allen -- 17.4 ppg
Landry -- 16.5 ppg
Fitzgerald -- 16.5 ppg
M. Thomas -- 16.2 ppg
T. Hill -- 16 ppg

When looking at that, only Hopkins and Brown performed significantly better than Hill and Allen about 1.5 ppg better.  The rest were really close.  But, now look at this:

A. Brown -- 162 targets
Hopkins -- 174 targets
Allen -- 159 targets
Landry -- 161 targets
Fitzgerald -- 161 targets
M. Thomas -- 149 targerts
Tyreek Hill -- 105 targets

One of these things is not like the others.  On a per target basis, Hill was a fantasy monster and better than every WR ahead of him.  If you give Hill 50% more targets and put him in the same range as the others (and actually would still be behind all but Thomas in targets), then he'd rate out at 24 ppg.  Uh, wow?

Of course you can't just say his efficiency would remain the same nor can you say that he will get more targets nor can you say he's going to keep up that same kind of per target production.  But, to add to that, during his rookie year he was at 12.5 ppg but only received 83 targets.  Which is almost an identical ppg rate per target as 2017.  So maybe he really is that good?

Once again, if you put his targets up with those other WRs, he would have outscored them all.  So that makes it less likely that 2017 was some kind of fluke.  And he's the youngest player on that list to boot.

While there's no guarantee Hill is going to get better, if his targets increase and he remains the same WR he's been the past 2 years, he has legit upside to be a difference maker like Hopkins or Brown. 

Deamon said:
HE JUST WENT!!!!!
About time. He should have gone around the 4-5 turn in my opinion. Steal of the draft thus far. Rodgers-Graham-Henry in that order.

I'd call Mack-Robinson-Cohen my 3 biggest reaches thus far. 

I would think Greg Olsen and Tom Brady have to go soon right? I mean, viable RB's and WR's are dwindling, and those guys are set it and forget it guys.

I know he has some injury issues right now, but with how many RB's have gone, I'm a little surprised Sony Michel wasn't one of them. Robert Woods is another guy who I thought would go higher.

Here's something I posted in another thread a while ago (minor changes to reflect different thread).  As to the above, he was at 1183 yards LAST YEAR and missed a game and only got 105 targets.  As a 2nd year WR.  How is 1200 his ceiling based on that?  Now, maybe 10 TDs is a reasonable ceiling, but TDs can be fluky so I don't think 12 is out of the question.  I do think 1400/10 is a stat line that he's perfectly capable of hitting this year.   Anyway, see below for my previous post:

In 1 ppr, Tyreek Hill finished as WR8 with 16 ppg.  I'm going to leave off OBJ because he missed most of the season.  Here are the 6 guys who finished ahead of him.

A. Brown -- 22 ppg
Hopkins -- 20.8 ppg
K. Allen -- 17.4 ppg
Landry -- 16.5 ppg
Fitzgerald -- 16.5 ppg
M. Thomas -- 16.2 ppg
T. Hill -- 16 ppg

When looking at that, only Hopkins and Brown performed significantly better than Hill and Allen about 1.5 ppg better.  The rest were really close.  But, now look at this:

A. Brown -- 162 targets
Hopkins -- 174 targets
Allen -- 159 targets
Landry -- 161 targets
Fitzgerald -- 161 targets
M. Thomas -- 149 targerts
Tyreek Hill -- 105 targets

One of these things is not like the others.  On a per target basis, Hill was a fantasy monster and better than every WR ahead of him.  If you give Hill 50% more targets and put him in the same range as the others (and actually would still be behind all but Thomas in targets), then he'd rate out at 24 ppg.  Uh, wow?

Of course you can't just say his efficiency would remain the same nor can you say that he will get more targets nor can you say he's going to keep up that same kind of per target production.  But, to add to that, during his rookie year he was at 12.5 ppg but only received 83 targets.  Which is almost an identical ppg rate per target as 2017.  So maybe he really is that good?

Once again, if you put his targets up with those other WRs, he would have outscored them all.  So that makes it less likely that 2017 was some kind of fluke.  And he's the youngest player on that list to boot.

While there's no guarantee Hill is going to get better, if his targets increase and he remains the same WR he's been the past 2 years, he has legit upside to be a difference maker like Hopkins or Brown. 
Exactly. He's special. Now you are giving him a QB that fits him better. He has legitimate #1 WR in FF upside with just 1.5 more targets a game. 

Deamon said:
HE JUST WENT!!!!!
Tell you what if any team needed an advantage at QB besides Sig its the team that drafted Rodgers  I mean I don't dislike Fuller but hes had two Seasons to hit at least 750 yds  Basically hes joining a small club to eclipse 1,000 yds now  More or less a Jones injury and hes done at the WR position

I'm probably alone here but for me Baldwin has had so much preseason love (prior to the injury scare) that he's basically overrated at this point (similar to Kenny Stills and Randall Cobb as later round examples). Sure, the target volume will be there but outside of 3 huge fantasy weeks last week, he wasn't all that great. Solid but not amazing for fantasy. Maybe that's enough but I prefer a bit more upside in the early rounds and out of my WR2. I agree 4th round is redraft is probably fine (even a slight value maybe if he's healthy) but I don't see it as a steal. 

For the record I generally like to wait on a QB, but Rodgers falling to 7.03 is an absolute joke. I mean I get these "experts" need to follow the "you can always get a QB late" mantra but at some point VBD has to come into play.

Outside of Derek Henry (and Ingram if he wasn't suspended) how can you justify any of these guys over Rodgers from a VBD perspective?

5.12 @LateRoundQB Davis, Corey TEN WR

6.01 @LateRoundQB Cobb, Randall GBP WR

6.02 @MikeClayNFL Henry, Derrick TEN RB 

6.03 The Podfather Mack, Marlon IND RB

6.04.@FF_Contrarian Johnson, Kerryon DET RB

6.05 .@MattHarmon_BYB Goodwin, Marquise SFO WR 

6.06 @FriscoJosh Nelson, Jordy OAK WR

6.07.@SigmundBloom Ingram, Mark NOS RB

6.08 .@CDCarter13 Garcon, Pierre SFO WR

6.09 @LordReebs Lewis, Dion TEN RB 

6.10 @GrahamBarfield Fuller, Will HOU

6.11 @BraudeM Cohen, Tarik CHI RB

6.12 @EvanSilva Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

7.01 @EvanSilva Graham, Jimmy GBP 

7.02 @BraudeM Engram, Evan NYG TE

7.03 .@GrahamBarfieldRodgers, Aaron GBP QB

For the record I generally like to wait on a QB, but Rodgers falling to 7.03 is an absolute joke. I mean I get these "experts" need to follow the "you can always get a QB late" mantra but at some point VBD has to come into play.

Outside of Derek Henry (and Ingram if he wasn't suspended) how can you justify any of these guys over Rodgers from a VBD perspective?

5.12 @LateRoundQB Davis, Corey TEN WR

6.01 @LateRoundQB Cobb, Randall GBP WR

6.02 @MikeClayNFL Henry, Derrick TEN RB 

6.03 The Podfather Mack, Marlon IND RB

6.04.@FF_Contrarian Johnson, Kerryon DET RB

6.05 .@MattHarmon_BYB Goodwin, Marquise SFO WR 

6.06 @FriscoJosh Nelson, Jordy OAK WR

6.07.@SigmundBloom Ingram, Mark NOS RB

6.08 .@CDCarter13 Garcon, Pierre SFO WR

6.09 @LordReebs Lewis, Dion TEN RB 

6.10 @GrahamBarfield Fuller, Will HOU

6.11 @BraudeM Cohen, Tarik CHI RB

6.12 @EvanSilva Anderson, Robby NYJ WR

7.01 @EvanSilva Graham, Jimmy GBP 

7.02 @BraudeM Engram, Evan NYG TE

7.03 .@GrahamBarfieldRodgers, Aaron GBP QB
I get what you’re saying but part of drafting is knowing your leaguemates. Zacharison and Carter aren’t touching a QB until way after the 10th, if not out and out streaming. I think you’re right to say it was unjustifiable way before the pick but it’s clear everyone is employing a late round QB theory. So of course they’re seeing who blinks first. I bet Russell Wilson now goes off the board soon.

I get what you’re saying but part of drafting is knowing your leaguemates. Zacharison and Carter aren’t touching a QB until way after the 10th, if not out and out streaming. I think you’re right to say it was unjustifiable way before the pick but it’s clear everyone is employing a late round QB theory. So of course they’re seeing who blinks first. I bet Russell Wilson now goes off the board soon.
DeShaun Watson was the next QB at 8.04.

And I get what you're saying as well, sure you can wait because you know you can but at some point you should also take advantage of it. If you miss out on Pierre Garcon because you take Aaron Rodgers that's easily made up.

not if you know everybody is waiting too...that's called good drafting.
So you are saying the difference between Randall Cobb and Pierre Garcon versus 7th or 8th round WRs is great than the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton or Kirk Cousins?

So you are saying the difference between Randall Cobb and Pierre Garcon versus 7th or 8th round WRs is great than the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton or Kirk Cousins?
No, I'm saying that if you can get the QB you want two rounds later...then you wait and continue to scoop up value.

No, I'm saying that if you can get the QB you want two rounds later...then you wait and continue to scoop up value.
You don't know that before the fact - you're throwing out platitudes which sound nice but the reality is some guy took Pierre Garcon instead of Aaron Rodgers because he outsmarted himself.

ETA: and a ton of those picks are not scooping up value - Rodgers was the value there.

For the record I generally like to wait on a QB, but Rodgers falling to 7.03 is an absolute joke. 
not if you know everybody is waiting too...that's called good drafting.
If you know that he's falling to 7.03 then passing on him in rounds 4 & 5 is a good move and passing on him in round 6 is a very bad move. Seems pretty simple.

Less simple: if several of the drafters are thinking "these other guys are being foolish by letting Rodgers fall too far, but I'm going to be clever by waiting and snagging him just before everyone else does" then it wouldn't take many drafts for his draft position to correct itself and settle in the 4th round. First there are a few drafts where they're thinking "Rodgers has often been falling to the 7th in these industry drafts; I'm going to be patient and clever and take him in the 6th where he's an amazing value". Then there would be a few drafts where they're thinking "Rodgers has been falling to the 6th lately in these industry drafts; I'm going to be patient and clever and take him in the 5th where he's a great value." And pretty soon he'd be going in the 4th, close to where he should be according to VBD.

Sig just earned his own paragraph that notes only his picks w nothing mentioned of the other drafters!

Comments: Bloom -- one of the industry's top analysts but also one of the industry's top players -- has taken a decidedly volatile approach, embracing an extreme amount of risk but clearly gunning for first place. Some fantasy team owners attack drafts conservatively, hoping for a fourth-or-so-place finish to make the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may. Not Sig, whose first-round pick Ezekiel Elliott has been suspended before, enhancing his forward-looking risk. Sig's second-rounder T.Y. Hilton's quarterback missed an entire season in his prime with a severe throwing-shoulder injury. Third-rounder Jordan Howard has been game-flow dependent and is virtually unplayable on passing downs in the NFL. No running back has dropped more passes over the last two seasons. Fourth-round pick Alex Collins has roughly an eight-game sample of positive lead-back production. Fifth- and sixth-rounders Julian Edelman and Mark Ingram will open the season on four-game PEDs bans. And seventh-rounder Reed has a terrifying injury history. I've seen Bloom finish very high and even win large-field fantasy tournaments taking high-volatile approaches like this, however, and it will be fascinating to track which of his risks pay off, and which don't. 

Believe I could counter most of that rhetoric to some degree  But man Howard in the 3rd practically screams stolen  A bona fide pro-bowl caliber back  Considering all the changes on offense DaBears passing game should be improved from last Season  Just know this is the black n' blue division and Chicago fans love them some tough RB's  

But the Bears are running more out of the shotgun, where quarterback Mitch Trubisky can use the threat of a read-option keeper to force the edge rusher to stay honest. They were successful running from the shotgun last season, and Howard dominated out of that formation at Indiana.  https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-jordan-howard-todd-gurleys-mega-deal-changes-math-rbs/

Here is an older clip which may be worth watching in its entirety  (especially Dynasty) The video casually mentions double digit TD production potential  Guess my only concern would be how exactly the Bears could really improve and/or do things differently  The OLine may not rank bulldozer but the scheme is somewhat perfect possibly more so in consideration of possible SOS which may counter having rookie James Daniels at the center who could perform admirably none the less  Coach Nagy brings the "Fun n' Gun"  Robison has some legit stats  Miller is the star of camp  Burton has at least played in the big game  (Folks who really care to belittle Howard for drops may care to look at target stats for some of the greatest WR's)  Howard saw 50 targets in his rookie Season  What if he is improved and/or sees even more especially considering potential contracts  (Believe he has the same agent as Bell)  https://youtu.be/C__uEIQ-XKQ?t=9m37s

Now for Dynasty just in case it's not totally understandable (imho) He sorely lacks it from the PPR perspective w limited receiving yds  Majority of his game is scheme based  The biggest point may be lack of speed  I mean I loved me some Turner the Burner but you almost had to chuckle when the guy lost a step  Now I could be wrong  For example we probably cant even address the handling of Forte  If Howard can perform along w the team there's a chance reaching the Playoffs could mean a nice contract which pretty much cancels out most all of the negatives

For me, its kind of funny to consider comments had Sig had the option to draft Joe Mixon who went a few picks ahead  No, I can't say I believe that not choosing Howard would be critiqued  Stat lovers may enjoy reading this... Joe Mixon should improve in year two, but his 3.5 YPC mark as a rookie was alarmingly bad. Yards-per-carry is an imperfect stat, but Mixon’s 3.1 against base fronts last season ranked No. 51, and while the Bengals improved their offensive line, it still looks like one of the league’s worst. Moreover, Cincinnati projects to win around six or seven games, so weekly game scripts will likely call for a bunch of passes, putting Bernard on the field, as he’s the far superior receiver and blocker.  https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoos-fantasy-football-ppr-sleepers-2018-hines-beasley-sneaky-catch-upside-142612181.html

My apologies for the long post  I really enjoy seeing the Guru's draft together  Only grain of salt is probably no realistic expectation or consideration for the QB position  Matter of fact call it luck misfortune or more Pro's vs. Joe's but I actually participated in a similar draft a few Season ago  The reason I mention this is that I actually missed out on the player I had hoped to draft at least three maybe it was more like four times by just a few picks (ironically the same guy too)  I'm just saying if you care to get nitty gritty on these "expert drafts" you may hope to read comments by the drafters  I'm hoping we're kinda spoiled and someone like perhaps @Joe Bryant is able to offer some Guru insight post-draft analysis 

these industry drafts are very similar, you typically know when QBs will go.
Let's put this another way - if you knew for a fact that Rodgers was not going off the board before the 7.03  and you passed on him in Round 6 for some of the guys that were taken in Round 6 you're more interested in looking "cool" then winning the league. Do the math.

This site was founded on VBD drafting. Taking a guy that gives you zero advantage over a guy that in his last healthy season outscored the QB2 by 45 points and the QB12 by 113 points in this scoring format is not "good drafting".

Believe the angle of not drafting the Top QB(s) is just nothing but the mindset of drafting prowess  (imho)  They go to such great lengths that the lack of discipline in choosing a Top Def/ST isn't even really considered  It makes little to no sense in drafting what I dunno maybe a second lottery ticket when there's a clear Tier one available  It is so bad that I can't really even explain the actual loss in value to the second ticket meaning it's a mere possible example  Now the kicker I can sorta understand but damn if you just take Gostkowski you at least save yourself time about any research for anything except a Bye  I mean for example you may not carry two kickers so you may just be using the wire with inability to drop anything except kicker  Only gain being that you increase odds of drafting the next Terrell Davis for actual bragging rights  (While theres also a good chance of Winning the League too)  

Know your competition?  IF we can almost guarantee a non run on QBs  Believe Sig gains the most safe points w his next pick taking the Jag's  Yes it will mean carrying two defense's  But Sig has every starting position covered w the exception of QB which still has value on the board

//Edit  (imho) RB's are really close to non relevant picks  Yeah some may hit still  But odds are it would hurt a lot to give up say even Ingram in some type of trade   Trust in one of the few at this time is probably the only reason to not go Def/ST  Chance any trade is more likely to include Collins if it has any real value which would really take a toll on the team  Grass on the other side just appears greener?

Let's put this another way - if you knew for a fact that Rodgers was not going off the board before the 7.03  and you passed on him in Round 6 for some of the guys that were taken in Round 6 you're more interested in looking "cool" then winning the league. Do the math.

This site was founded on VBD drafting. Taking a guy that gives you zero advantage over a guy that in his last healthy season outscored the QB2 by 45 points and the QB12 by 113 points in this scoring format is not "good drafting".
Remember, your projections and VBD outputs aren't the same as everybody else's.  

Remember, your projections and VBD outputs aren't the same as everybody else's.  
Oh really?

i was basing it on real results for one thing - but I can see this discussion is really going nowhere so I’ll let it be.

obviously these guys know what they’re doing - I just find faul in this one aspect. People need to be flexible with draft approaches and this is too rigid on the “wait on QB” style.

Pretty much hate every one of those teams. The guys that were solid early made questionable picks later on or passed on screaming value like Rodgers letting them fall to the crazy drafting teams. Best team IMO is FriscoJosh assuming he can find a solid QB starter which seems likely, but Julio over Hopkins, Allen and Thomas is a poor choice IMO. Duke Johnson at RB33 is great value as well adding some solid floor to his rookie RB's upside.

Bloom started out great (the Hilton pick at least has major upside) but went totally off the rails with Edelman (suspended/ACL), Ingram (suspended), and Reed (perpetually injured.)

The strongest of these teams are mediocre at best with a few obvious bottom feeders. Likely end up with a very narrow spread among the leaders and it will come down to who avoids the injuries/busts and who hits on the late rounder that turns into a super stud.

Speaking of QB's  Where do some of the Tyrod Taylor truthers rank the man?  (rhetorically speaking)  Sorta like saying which QB's have to be off the board before you take your pick  I mean if Cam and Russ are still on the board, I doubt your thinking now's the time  Certainly not much appreciation of value that you hope to achieve  Questionable incentive to not stay on track  Such an investment in perhaps ARod leaves almost total disregard for QB2  (Drafting two of such highly touted QB's means little to no chance of competing in a normal draft)  

In some respects it sort of pays to play by the rules  cept maybe Defense but see I know I'm boring you shark types w that nonsense  Guys recall "Loosen up Sally"?  Here's a few words to consider https://youtu.be/tpJOjqGhsZQ?t=51s

Hate the Chris Thompson pick. He’s only had half a good season out of 5 years. Now it looks like he’ll still be recovering when the season starts. Terrible pick imo.

Pretty much hate every one of those teams. The guys that were solid early made questionable picks later on or passed on screaming value like Rodgers letting them fall to the crazy drafting teams. Best team IMO is FriscoJosh assuming he can find a solid QB starter which seems likely, but Julio over Hopkins, Allen and Thomas is a poor choice IMO. Duke Johnson at RB33 is great value as well adding some solid floor to his rookie RB's upside.

Bloom started out great (the Hilton pick at least has major upside) but went totally off the rails with Edelman (suspended/ACL), Ingram (suspended), and Reed (perpetually injured.)

The strongest of these teams are mediocre at best with a few obvious bottom feeders. Likely end up with a very narrow spread among the leaders and it will come down to who avoids the injuries/busts and who hits on the late rounder that turns into a super stud.
To be fair, if you have a lot of good drafters no teams really should look dominant. The talent and the value should be spread out almost evenly. 

Users who are viewing this thread