What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

D.Macallister out for year...P.Thomas ? (1 Viewer)

What do you do if you own Bush and Thomas? I have D. Williams, Hillis, and Grant also. I was thinking about starting Hillis, D.Williams, and Thomas next week.

What do you do if you own Bush and Thomas? I have D. Williams, Hillis, and Grant also. I was thinking about starting Hillis, D.Williams, and Thomas next week.
I own both and plan on playing both in a PPR league. I would be benching L. White.

I think Thomas could be a monster for the playoffs ,what do you think ?
I think you should wait and see b/c McAllister might not be out for the year. Read this, which includes the following quote: "I suspect that ALL will be appealed and ALL will be eligible to play since (Dr. John) Lombardo knew the supplement was tainted and didn’t alert the league or the Players Association.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's work backwards. Week 16, Superbowl week @ Detroit. This is the motherlode. Only issue is if they are up 40 by halftime BOTH Thomas and Bush could sit. Maybe not, since they'll have nothing to play for anyway. Week 15, @ Chicago. This could actually be a good matchup too, all dependent on weather. Chicago will have to play a little soft vs. Brees, and there could be room to roam for the RB's if they can get to the second level. At the very least - solid in the passing game. Week 14 - home vs. Atlanta. Looks juicy.

I own both - along with Westbrook. So big decisions for me starting in week 15. I'm going to watch this play out during my bye week - hopefully it'll get clearer. But definite uptick for Thomas no matter what with Deuce gone.

I think Thomas could be a monster for the playoffs ,what do you think ?
:mellow: He's a good running back. You could make a strong argument he's the best "running back" on the roster and has been all season long. Bush still hasn't evolved into a true RB. He's more of a RB/WR hybrid. Thomas has shown an ability to run between the tackles, get outside and he's proven to be very good in the passing game. I still think Payton made a big mistake going to Deuce for several weeks and burying Thomas on the depth chart. Loyalty is great and all that, but it shouldn't come at the expense of your team's chances to win and I think Payton hurt his team's chances to win by using an old, washed up RB so much when he had (in my opinion) a vastly superior option available.As far as Thomas' fantasy value, it's been soaring for the past two weeks now. This past week's game proved his huge game against the Packers wasn't a fluke. Thomas is very involved - even with Bush back - and he looks to be their lead RB and working in tandem with Bush. The schedule looks great as well:Week 14: vs. AtlantaWeek 15: at ChicagoWeek 16: at Detroit Week 17: vs. CarolinaThe Bears could be a tough game but as Thomas proved against a good Bucs' defense he can still be productive if given enough touches. The Detroit game is Super Bowl week in many leagues and if you make it that far and have Thomas, I think he could very well win a lot of leagues just like he did in Week 17 last year. I'm just as interested in Thomas' long-term value. If he plays well in this last month, I think the Saints have to view him as the main RB along with Bush going into next season. Thomas has the ability and as mentioned before he produces as both a runner and receiver. I think we could be seeing the groundwork laid for Thomas not just making things happen for the Saints this year but perhaps for next season as well.

Last year I thought Thomas was just another flash in the pan, but this season he's shown me a lot of burst and talent. I actually think he might have a future as a starting RB in the NFL. If he takes over the Deuce role then he could give you decent numbers, but his production will always be a little bit sporadic with Reggie taking a big piece of the pie.

I can't play Thomas over S. Jax or MJD in week 15...but come week 16 I will have a tough decision when Thomas plays vs Det.

I'm probably going to start him ahead of Brown/Chester/Leon.

Here's hoping the Saints score a ton of points this week as I'm also relying on Brees.

I have him and I'm trying to figure out a way to play him this week. My options are either sitting SJax or MJD. Sjax is maybe back and MJD has a tough match up vs a very determined Bears squad but can always go off. Fun-o.

I'm seriously considering starting Pierre over Barber with him being injured and against the PIT defense... I just dont know if I can bench a guy like Barber in the first round of the playoffs :mellow:

I'm seriously considering starting Pierre over Barber with him being injured and against the PIT defense... I just dont know if I can bench a guy like Barber in the first round of the playoffs :lmao:
Ditto. I'll do it, knowing that Deuce is out and these rumors of an appeal are squashed. Barber's liable to be pulled at any time.

I'm probably going to start him ahead of Brown/Chester/Leon. Here's hoping the Saints score a ton of points this week as I'm also relying on Brees.
Really, in front of Brown?Ughhh, I've got the same problemBrown is in for now, but I'm on the fence.

I'm probably going to start him ahead of Brown/Chester/Leon. Here's hoping the Saints score a ton of points this week as I'm also relying on Brees.
Really, in front of Brown?Ughhh, I've got the same problemBrown is in for now, but I'm on the fence.
Same problem here.I have Thomas in right now. Ronnie has been so undeniably mediocre with the exception of 2-3 weeks this season, it is hard to trust him in an elimination game. Losing Justin Smiley didnt help him either. I am pretty sure that with Deuce out, Pierre will be in my lineup over Ronnie this week - although I would be lying if I said I was starting him with confidence over Ronnie.

I've got a Bye this week but decisions will have to be made beginning week 15 between PT, Lynch, CJ3, and Ronnie in a start 2 league. They say you should "dance with who brung you", but week 16 vs. DET is a gift from heaven for PT. With CJ3 playing at PIT and Ronnie becoming too unpredictable in the MIA offense, I'm gonna roll with Lynch @ DEN and PT @ DET if I'm lucky enough to make it to week 16.

Same problem here.I have Thomas in right now. Ronnie has been so undeniably mediocre with the exception of 2-3 weeks this season, it is hard to trust him in an elimination game. Losing Justin Smiley didnt help him either. I am pretty sure that with Deuce out, Pierre will be in my lineup over Ronnie this week - although I would be lying if I said I was starting him with confidence over Ronnie.
If McAllister is indeed out for this game then I don't know why you wouldn't play the guy. Bush is not an every down running back and Pierre has shown to be a more than serviceable option for the Saints. I don't think Ronnie Brown is a BAD option this weekend I just would prefer to rest my hopes on the Saints offense rather than that of the Dolphins. I won't be shocked if he ends up with more yardage and I believe he has a better chance for a touchdown. The Saints WILL get into the redzone several times and I don't see them trying to punch it in with Bush.I am also playing Brees - so unless the Saints are held in check (which I just cannot see happening), I should be good any way they score their points (c'mon Brees to Thomas!).The bottom line is both options are sharing the load so if I'm going to rely on a RBBC I might as well go with the one from the high powered offense.

Is anyone considering Reggie bush's impact on the game?!? Some of the players that you are starting Thomas over are crazy IMO, considering Reggie is back. Or am I missing something here?!??!?!?! I've got both and am inclined to start Bush!

Is anyone considering Reggie bush's impact on the game?!? Some of the players that you are starting Thomas over are crazy IMO, considering Reggie is back. Or am I missing something here?!??!?!?! I've got both and am inclined to start Bush!
He was doing alright to start the season sharing with Bush when Duece was out.

I have all 3 saints rb along with LJ and Lynch in a ppr - 1/10 league and I currently have LJ, Lynch and Bush in my lineup. I just have a hard time starting Thomas over bush in this format. LJ on the other hand I could do it but he is playing Denver.

AnonymousBob said:
Is Duece actually out for this game?
They are trying to get a hearing to morrow but Deuce has little impace either way. He may get some goal line touches but I think Thomas is a safe 10 points. I am benching him in favor of Sammy Morris this week but I think going forward he is going to produce every week as long as the matchup is nice.

Last year I thought Thomas was just another flash in the pan, but this season he's shown me a lot of burst and talent. I actually think he might have a future as a starting RB in the NFL. If he takes over the Deuce role then he could give you decent numbers, but his production will always be a little bit sporadic with Reggie taking a big piece of the pie.
His production reminds me a little of Derrick Ward's (at least this year),except Thomas has a better chance of punching one in.

Reggie Bush, who is off the injury report this week, plans to play "an actual full game" in Week 14 after seeing just eight touches last Sunday.

"Today, I felt great," he said after Wednesday's practice. "This is the best I've felt since I've been back. I feel like I'll have a much, much better game in this game coming up."

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Sounds like Bush will be getting more touches then people are expecting

Users who are viewing this thread