What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Dallas vs. Baltimore -8 (44.5)*** (4 Viewers)

Alton Smith gassed. Taking plays off and cant even find Lamar when he runs. Great talent, obviously not in football shape this year. 

I always cheer against the traditional, huge fanbase teams like the Cowboys, but they've made it really difficult with QB's like Romo and Dak.

Speaking of lopsided ref crews, does anyone know of a website or some such that tracks them?  I would love to see their tendencies and I'm certain someone in Vegas or wherever does as much.  As an example, in bases there were guys behind the plate where you knew how big or small a strike zone was gonna be before the game.

I would think some fantasy players would like such info.

Three quarters in and I’ve made as many plays as Ngakoue
I was so fired up when Ravens added him. So far I’ve seen him speed rush every single time. Does he do anything else? Maybe it plays better if/when the interior DL gets more push.

Ingram getting old but showing Dobbins how you get it done between the tackles when that’s what is called for 

Harbaugh's glasses are totally fogged up as he wears the mask/bandana, how can he even see anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 10+ days off have Lamar’s legs looking as fresh as they’ve ever been and his midrange accuracy about as bad as it’s ever been 

Hoping the throws sharpen up while the spring in his step remains 

I hear the announcers saying that Baltimore is a dangerous team...how? They have no offense really. 105 yds passing, no RB that seems like they can really take the game over, no receiver that hits 50 yds and their defense is pretty darn good but not good enough to win 3 road Playoff game IMHO. And this is Jackson's 3rd year? 

Hate to point out the obvious but he is about to get PAID, no question he will get the midnight extension like many others in recent years. 

I don't see Baltimore beating many of the playoff teams in the AFC right now. 

I don't think Lamar is going to have a long career as a QB.  Once that speed subsided, he doesn't have much to fall back on. 

I hear the announcers saying that Baltimore is a dangerous team...how? They have no offense really. 105 yds passing, no RB that seems like they can really take the game over, no receiver that hits 50 yds and their defense is pretty darn good but not good enough to win 3 road Playoff game IMHO. And this is Jackson's 3rd year? 

Hate to point out the obvious but he is about to get PAID, no question he will get the midnight extension like many others in recent years. 

The thinking is the defense could be dominant with the talent on it and that running the ball plays in the cold. Defense hasn’t looked the part tonight for sure. 

Mark Andrews makes a difference, assuming he comes back. But they already lost to PITT twice and KC and TENN once, so it's a long shot to advance in the playoffs.

Their schedule is easier (JAC, CIN, NYG, CLEV) than  Miami's (KC, NE, LB, BUF), so they will be competing with us for a wild-card spot. 

Troy Aikman praising a TE that gets about 2-3-4 catches a week and has a trio of uber talented WRs around him...says Schultz has done a lot of good things for this offense...really Troy?

Yeah I hear you. My main thing is that Lamar is a confidence guy. He has been in a slump all year. All it takes is for him to flip that switch and 2019 Ravens are in play again. To the extent that Roman has been figured out then I would say 2019-light. Which is dangerous with their weapons healthy. But I agree with your basic take, they're not a threat unless they turn it on much more dramatically. And I don't think Roman can do that. But they can be a tough out for sure.

That last Jackson to Marquise TD was game, set and match for me for two FBG championships (and one ticket to the big dance) and I got a playoff ticket in my longest running redraft with friends. Ecstatic and getting drunker by the minute.

The thinking is the defense could be dominant with the talent on it and that running the ball plays in the cold. Defense hasn’t looked the part tonight for sure. 

Mark Andrews makes a difference, assuming he comes back. But they already lost to PITT twice and KC and TENN once, so it's a long shot to advance in the playoffs.

Their schedule is easier (JAC, CIN, NYG, CLEV) than  Miami's (KC, NE, LB, BUF), so they will be competing with us for a wild-card spot. 
So they beat up a bunch of soft teams, they are going to open on the road @Buff, @Ten, @Indy, @KC or Pitt...how many of those games can they win? Turn around and then go on the road the next week for definitely KC or Pitt, I don't see a defense that can carry this poor of an offense thru the Playoffs. 

Miami is really no better and I think they might have an even better defense right now. Miami might make the playoffs, likely 1 and done. 

Cleveland has a chance to win a Wildcard game on the road. 

So they beat up a bunch of soft teams, they are going to open on the road @Buff, @Ten, @Indy, @KC or Pitt...how many of those games can they win? Turn around and then go on the road the next week for definitely KC or Pitt, I don't see a defense that can carry this poor of an offense thru the Playoffs. 

Miami is really no better and I think they might have an even better defense right now. Miami might make the playoffs, likely 1 and done. 

Eh I mean KC whooped them but they were toe to toe with Pitt twice and Tenn. Whooped Cleveland week 1 and won at Indy already and were missing key guys for lots of those games. The defense does have to play much better than tonight that’s for sure. 

That last Jackson to Marquise TD was game, set and match for me for two FBG championships (and one ticket to the big dance) and I got a playoff ticket in my longest running redraft with friends. Ecstatic and getting drunker by the minute.
9-3 and facing the Div winner on the other side 9-3...lost on the last Zeke catch, woulda liked the dagger on Sunday vs right now. Still going to join you, game was basically meaningless, we both get a pass next week and wait for the Semi in Week 15, longest running redraft with friends, same as you. 

Next week will tell a lot. They just lost to Tennessee in OT and then Pittsburgh squeaked past their JV when everyone was out with Covid

Could look different with their top receiving threat (Andrews) and pass rusher (Judon). Plus they presumably will get more in synch when they all are healthy and practicing together 

Don’t think this team is going far but also don’t think anyone would be eager to see them in the playoffs 

Users who are viewing this thread