What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Dallas vs. Baltimore -8 (44.5)*** (1 Viewer)

Next week will tell a lot. They just lost to Tennessee in OT and then Pittsburgh squeaked past their JV when everyone was out with Covid

Could look different with their top receiving threat (Andrews) and pass rusher (Judon). Plus they presumably will get more in synch when they all are healthy and practicing together 

Don’t think this team is going far but also don’t think anyone would be eager to see them in the playoffs 
You know I'm a fan in general, like many parts of your organization. Baltimore is going to be 7-5 after beating a now 3-9 Dallas team with no Dak, not sure you can measure a lot tonight. 

I'm with you about next week, can say similar about Miami and I think they might play well for a while but then get run over vs KC next week. 

Seems like Jackson takes a lot of unnecessary punishment. 3 RBs they can hand it off to and they just seem to not be committed to making it a priority to get a bell cow back there. Ingram had about 250 carries a year ago, what happened?

Miami, Las Vegas, Baltimore, Indy/TEN(Whichever doesn't win Division) and I guess New England are all trying to go after 2 Playoff spots it seems. Cleveland looks pretty locked in as a Wildcard at the moment. 

So they beat up a bunch of soft teams, they are going to open on the road @Buff, @Ten, @Indy, @KC or Pitt...how many of those games can they win? Turn around and then go on the road the next week for definitely KC or Pitt, I don't see a defense that can carry this poor of an offense thru the Playoffs. 

Miami is really no better and I think they might have an even better defense right now. Miami might make the playoffs, likely 1 and done. 

Cleveland has a chance to win a Wildcard game on the road. 
Next week will tell a lot for both Miami (vs KC) and the Ravens (vs Clev). 

Gotta hope the practice time together helps and that we’ll hit a magical window where the defense is all healthy. Offensive line is showing some signs. The tackle/guard pulling while the pistol guys pick up their guys is opening some holes. 

I hear the announcers saying that Baltimore is a dangerous team...how? They have no offense really. 105 yds passing, no RB that seems like they can really take the game over, no receiver that hits 50 yds and their defense is pretty darn good but not good enough to win 3 road Playoff game IMHO. And this is Jackson's 3rd year? 

Hate to point out the obvious but he is about to get PAID, no question he will get the midnight extension like many others in recent years. 

I don't see Baltimore beating many of the playoff teams in the AFC right now. 
It's almost like the offensive line is decimated, the defense isn't helping dominate time of possession, the WR's are trash, and all the extra weapons that help that offense like Andrews, Boyle, and Ricard have been nicked up.  ZERO analysis acknowledge this. 

Did Mccarthy just say "I don't know if we're allowed to shake hands on national tv, it looks bad."

It's almost like the offensive line is decimated, the defense isn't helping dominate time of possession, the WR's are trash, and all the extra weapons that help that offense like Andrews, Boyle, and Ricard have been nicked up.  ZERO analysis acknowledge this. 
Same excuses everyone has, I'm not oblivious to it. And that's why I don't see them having much teeth right now. 

Did Mccarthy just say "I don't know if we're allowed to shake hands on national tv, it looks bad."
It was actually Harbaugh and I think he was trying to be funny and not thinking some Boom Mic was right in his face overhead, incredible audio, I went back and replayed it. 

Harbaugh is explaining it's a rule or something and McCarthy goes "Is that right?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Same excuses everyone has, I'm not oblivious to it. And that's why I don't see them having much teeth right now. 
I agree with you they are not a threat in the playoffs at all.  Talking heads that put it all on Lamar and don't look at how different this team is from last year are just ignorant.  That's really my point.

I think it all falls on the defense. If Williams/Campbell/Wolfe/Madabuike are healthy and in game shape that’s a really good interior line rotation. Then you have Yannick and Judon off the edges and Humphrey/Peters/Smith giving wrs trouble. That SHOULD play really well on defense. But it hasn’t happened yet.

The offense isn’t going to be like last year. Stanley and Boyle are 2 of the absolute best at what they do and their losses will continue to be felt. The offense can still run the ball and has Lamar capable of putting some points on the board. But it all hinges on the defense playing to its talent and being elite. That hasn’t happened since Campbell went down in Indy and then Williams went down and then Covid hit and then Smith went down. Running out of time to put it together and sneak in. But Lamar/the run game plus the potential for a dominant defense is what the optimistic folk see when they say the Ravens are dangerous.

As a Ravens fan, the only thing that really troubled me tonight was the pass rush. Really weak 
Agreed. Can only hope that’s a rust/lack of game shape thing from the interior line. And missing Judon. I thought they’d wreck the Cowboys line and they did the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread