What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Morgan (1 Viewer)

thatguy

Footballguy
...on the IDP projections? I realize he is an injury risk pretty much every week, but it hasn't been a huge problem this year. He has been in my starting lineup every game, and seems to produce solid numbers every week.

I agree. Morgan is a very solid play, but he doesn't get a lot of respect. Perhaps it is because he is injury prone. But, I'd play him this week if I had him.

I think he got hurt again this week. He ended the first half with 1 assist. Plus, I just saw that Chris Draft is in the game.

Morgan was playing with an injured shoulder and left the game very early with an ankle injury."Mr. Glass" strikes again.

Last edited by a moderator:
...on the IDP projections?  I realize he is an injury risk pretty much every week, but it hasn't been a huge problem this year.  He has been in my starting lineup every game, and seems to produce solid numbers every week.
For a MLB he really isn't very consistent. This season he has basically disappeared 40% of the time. Throw in the ever present injury risk and I would rather not have him on my roster. :banned:

...on the IDP projections?  I realize he is an injury risk pretty much every week, but it hasn't been a huge problem this year.  He has been in my starting lineup every game, and seems to produce solid numbers every week.
For a MLB he really isn't very consistent. This season he has basically disappeared 40% of the time. Throw in the ever present injury risk and I would rather not have him on my roster. :banned:
From week 3 on, he had been very consistent for me, putting up about 5 points per game (which is good for my league), even in the games where he missed time due to injury. However, after his injury today, he will ride the pine the rest of the way while Shawne Merriman tears it up (we value sacks pretty heavily).

...on the IDP projections? I realize he is an injury risk pretty much every week, but it hasn't been a huge problem this year. He has been in my starting lineup every game, and seems to produce solid numbers every week.
:confused: Prior to Sunday's injury, Morgan has had at least 7 tackles in 7 of 9 games. If you sprinkle in 3 sacks, Morgan is (or, at least, was) a solid and consistent play.

:confused:

Prior to Sunday's injury, Morgan has had at least 7 tackles in 7 of 9 games.  If you sprinkle in 3 sacks, Morgan is (or, at least, was) a solid and consistent play.
No need to be confused. 09/11/2005 ~ New Orleans Saints- 3 solos, 1 assist (7 points)

09/18/2005 ~ New England Patriots- 1 solo, 3 assists (5 points)

10/30/2005 ~ Minnesota Vikings- 2 solos, 2 assists, 1 sack (10 points)

11/20/2005 ~ Chicago Bears- 1 assist (1 point)

The point totals above are based on 2 points for a solo, 1 point for an assist and 4 points per sack. In my main IDP leagues these numbers are a joke for a linebacker.

Dan Morgan has played in 10 games this season and disappeared in 4 of them. Like I said earlier, he sucks 40% of the time in 2005. That's not good enough to be a starting linebacker on any of my rosters.

Maybe you have a different set of standards for your team(s).

:banned:

:confused:

Prior to Sunday's injury, Morgan has had at least 7 tackles in 7 of 9 games.  If you sprinkle in 3 sacks, Morgan is (or, at least, was) a solid and consistent play.
No need to be confused. 09/11/2005 ~ New Orleans Saints- 3 solos, 1 assist (7 points)

09/18/2005 ~ New England Patriots- 1 solo, 3 assists (5 points)

10/30/2005 ~ Minnesota Vikings- 2 solos, 2 assists, 1 sack (10 points)

11/20/2005 ~ Chicago Bears- 1 assist (1 point)

The point totals above are based on 2 points for a solo, 1 point for an assist and 4 points per sack. In my main IDP leagues these numbers are a joke for a linebacker.

Dan Morgan has played in 10 games this season and disappeared in 4 of them. Like I said earlier, he sucks 40% of the time in 2005. That's not good enough to be a starting linebacker on any of my rosters.

Maybe you have a different set of standards for your team(s).

...or maybe I don't play in the same Yahoo "start one IDP" league as you.I'm also assuming Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, and Keith Brooking would not be starting LB's on any of your rosters either, right?? Of course they wouldn't...they do not pass your lofty "40% test".

Lewis: less than 7 tackles in 3 of 7 games

Urlacher: less than 7 tackles in 4 of 10 games

Brooking: less than 7 tackles in 5 of 10 games

...or maybe you should stop :banned: .

I'm also assuming Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, and Keith Brooking would not be starting LB's on any of your rosters either, right??  Of course they wouldn't...they do not pass your lofty "40% test".

Lewis: less than 7 tackles in 3 of 7 games

Urlacher: less than 7 tackles in 4 of 10 games

Brooking: less than 7 tackles in 5 of 10 games
Actually, you're correct little weiner boy. My main league is an auction keeper/dynasty hybrid league with 32 player rosters to include IDPs and a separate rookie draft.

We start seven IDPs each week. Given the fact that it's an auction scenario, I normally let brainiacs like you overspend for "name" guys like Ray Lewis, Keith Brooking and Brian Uhrlacher. I also make it a point to never allocate valuable funds on a player (Dan Morgan) who could get a concussion while wrestling with his girlfriend.

Users who are viewing this thread