What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Danny Amendola > PPR Sleeper (1 Viewer)

Amendola's clavicle not broken?

Danny Amendola, WR, STL

News:  Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola may not have a broken clavicle, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter Friday, one day after it was thought Amendola broke it against the Cardinals in Thursday's game. Rams general manager Les Snead said he doesn't believe the clavicle is broken but ESPN says tests were inconclusive.

Analysis:  The Rams will continue to run tests on Amendola in order to find out exactly how badly he's injured. In either case, it sounds like he won't be back for Week 6 in Miami. The initial timetable seems to be 4-6 weeks at least for his injury. Amendola has emerged as a useful Fantasy option this season, so this is obviously a big hit for one of the season's breakout performers.

@caplannfl

Source said #Rams WR Danny Amendola (dislocated clavicle) is expected to miss about 6-7 weeks. Better news than expected.

Well, maybe it will be sooner. We've seen guys like Spiller, Fred Jackson and the like come back quicker than expected from what were termed as multi-week injuries. Amandola seems pretty tough as well.

@caplannflSource said #Rams WR Danny Amendola (dislocated clavicle) is expected to miss about 6-7 weeks. Better news than expected.
Don't get this.R. Mathews breaks collarbone. Out 5 weeks.Amendola disclocates clavicle...which is better news than breaking collarbone...and he's out 6-7 weeks.KY

@caplannflSource said #Rams WR Danny Amendola (dislocated clavicle) is expected to miss about 6-7 weeks. Better news than expected.
Don't get this.R. Mathews breaks collarbone. Out 5 weeks.Amendola disclocates clavicle...which is better news than breaking collarbone...and he's out 6-7 weeks.KY
It's probably all a guesstimate at this point, depending on how he heals.

I had never even heard of a dislocated collarbone before this. I searched google but haven't come up with too much...but maybe, the dislocation could tear nearby ligaments or muscles or require surgery?

Whats his trade value PPR if you want to stash him for playoffs?
I was wondering the same thing. As an owner I don't want to drop him....but at the same time, 6 - 7 weeks is a long time to hold a guy in a fantasy season where the player has only been relevant for a few weeks, and so I'm not sure how much anyone would give for him. I can't imagine that owners would get much...or that people would offer much, unless they were really well off. Just a bad situation. Sad cause this guy is a real talent that plays so hard, but that's what also got him injured.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Danny Amendola has been diagnosed with a "sternoclavicular joint separation," and is expected to miss "about six weeks."

http://www.sportsinj...avicular-injury

The collar bone connects to the sternum (or breast bone) in the middle of the chest at the top. If the shoulder is subjected to a hard impact this joint can become injured.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Jay Glazer, Amednola's injury was life threatening.

Per Rotoworld:

FOX's Jay Glazer reports Danny Amendola's dislocated clavicle was initially life-threatening, and that the Rams do not have a firm timetable for his return.

Yes, life-threatening. Amendola's clavicle popped in instead of out, coming dangerously close to his aorta and trachea. Amendola had to be sedated by the Rams doctors so they could pop his clavicle back in and assure it would not "dislodge" again. Per Glazer, the Rams don't have a concrete timeline for Amendola's return because it is an extremely uncommon, perhaps unprecedented, NFL injury. It still appears Amendola will play football again in 2012, however.

FOX's Jay Glazer reports Danny Amendola's dislocated clavicle was initially life-threatening, and that the Rams do not have a firm timetable for his return.

Yes, life-threatening. Amendola's clavicle popped in instead of out, coming dangerously close to his aorta and trachea. Amendola had to be sedated by the Rams doctors so they could pop his clavicle back in and assure it would not "dislodge" again. Per Glazer, the Rams don't have a concrete timeline for Amendola's return because it is an extremely uncommon, perhaps unprecedented, NFL injury. It still appears Amendola will play football again in 2012, however.
:o Hope this isn't one of those things that is likely to recur once it has happened once. That could be a career-ender.

What is everyone doing with Amendola? Has there been any update on his status?
I'm holding him. He doesn't hold a lot of trade value because most people still don't really know his name and what he's capable of. But in PPR he's a top 15WR...and his injury is not a knee, ankle, hamstring, or anything that could limit him once he gets healthy, so he should be fine once he gets back.I believe that 4 - 6 weeks is the current timetable.

This was the last update from Rotoworld...

Coach Jeff Fisher said Danny Amendola's separated SC joint injury is actually better than a fractured collarbone.

Amendola's rare injury was dangerous at first, but the recovery time is shorter than other injuries. The Rams aren't sure on an exact timetable yet, only saying it will be at least a month. Injured reserve is not a consideration right now for Amendola.

Oct 11 - 11:30 AM

This was the last update from Rotoworld...

Coach Jeff Fisher said Danny Amendola's separated SC joint injury is actually better than a fractured collarbone.

Amendola's rare injury was dangerous at first, but the recovery time is shorter than other injuries. The Rams aren't sure on an exact timetable yet, only saying it will be at least a month. Injured reserve is not a consideration right now for Amendola.

Oct 11 - 11:30 AM
Thanks man.

Danny Amendola (shoulder) practiced on a limited basis Wednesday.

Amendola didn't do much in the workout, but it's a strikingly early return to the field. Amendola was expected to miss at least six weeks after his scary SC joint injury sustained against the Cardinals just three weeks ago. Sam Bradford's favorite target could be targeting a Week 10 return, making him a must-own in all formats. The Rams have a bye after playing the Patriots in London on Sunday.
Oct 24 - 10:17 AM

Fisher: Amendola back at practice:

Rams coach Jeff Fisher told the media Wednesday that receiver Danny Amendola practiced on a limited basis. The team plays against the Patriots in London in Week 8. Amendola has missed two games with a shoulder dislocation. Fisher did not speculate on whether or not Amendola will be available to play. "I was a little surprised -- just from the initial reports, I thought it was going to be quite a bit longer for him to get back on the field," quarterback Sam Bradford said of seeing Amendola on the field. "But anytime you get him back out there, I think it just brought a whole spark to the whole group today and just lifted everyone's spirits a little bit seeing him back out there. Even though he didn't do a whole lot, just having him on the field really energized our group. ... a lot of our offense runs through Danny when he's healthy."
(Updated 10/24/12)

Fisher: Amendola back at practice:

Rams coach Jeff Fisher told the media Wednesday that receiver Danny Amendola practiced on a limited basis. The team plays against the Patriots in London in Week 8. Amendola has missed two games with a shoulder dislocation. Fisher did not speculate on whether or not Amendola will be available to play. "I was a little surprised -- just from the initial reports, I thought it was going to be quite a bit longer for him to get back on the field," quarterback Sam Bradford said of seeing Amendola on the field. "But anytime you get him back out there, I think it just brought a whole spark to the whole group today and just lifted everyone's spirits a little bit seeing him back out there. Even though he didn't do a whole lot, just having him on the field really energized our group. ... a lot of our offense runs through Danny when he's healthy."
(Updated 10/24/12)
Wow. Someone dropped him in my big $ league... blew 35% of my budget on him. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd be back by Week 10... I don't know about everyone else, but I just wanted him for the playoff run!Hope people will keep the board updated if they see any additional movement here.

He's still a free agent in my 12-team non-PPR redraft league, but I just can't get excited about picking him up. I guess it's because I'm 2-5 and more focused on the next 6 weeks than I am on playoff schedules. For the next 6 regular season weeks, his schedule is awful and I don't see a single week in which I would start him, even if one of my current receivers happened to go down with an injury.

He's still a free agent in my 12-team non-PPR redraft league, but I just can't get excited about picking him up. I guess it's because I'm 2-5 and more focused on the next 6 weeks than I am on playoff schedules. For the next 6 regular season weeks, his schedule is awful and I don't see a single week in which I would start him, even if one of my current receivers happened to go down with an injury.
Great route runner, lots of short/medium passes so I don't know why schedule would be an issue. He put up 5/66 against SF and 6/55/1 against SEA.ETA: CHI not SF.

Is this guy worth the speculative add in non-PPR? At what level do you expect him to produce at when he returns assuming he stays healthy?

I really don't know much about to be honest.

Was able to acquire him off the wire :excited: in both my PPR redraft leagues. My teams need the shot in the arm. He's still in the Top 30 in PPR leagues. I really like him going forward as he really seems to be the poor man's Welker. Nobody has really stepped into that void he left. I thought Steve Smith might but that just really hasn't happened. The other thing is that he didn't injure his legs which is always a plus because his cutting ability won't be affected. Basically he's had a few weeks off while others in the league have been taking a pounding. He's a great add right now. I had to cut Larod Stephens Howling for him and I never thought twice about it.

I'd rather Amendola than Britt, either of the Bryants, Brandon Lloyd or Torrey Smith for instance.

He's still an FA in my 14 team league (redraft). Looks like he was forgotten about after someone dropped him due to the injury. I can't decide who I would cut to pick him up, but his production in the first 4 full games was definitely worthy of a flex spot, and my league is non-ppr. Two of those weeks he hit WR1 numbers.

Someone in one of my PPR leagues dropped him after the injury and I was able to snag him off the WW this week. Really hoping he makes it back for the Week 10 game.

'tdhartis said:
Is this guy worth the speculative add in non-PPR? At what level do you expect him to produce at when he returns assuming he stays healthy? I really don't know much about to be honest.
I'm trying to squeeze him onto my roster in my non ppr 10 team redraft. We do get points for return yards so that gives him a slight boost. But expecting 70ish yards each week is perfectly reasonable. With upside for more. It's not the biggest name in the world but it's definitely worth having on your roster.

Amendola (shoulder) said he was 100 percent sure he'd be back in the lineup after the Rams' bye week, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

Recommendation: Amendola, who is practicing on a limited basis, is doubtful to play in Week 8 against the Patriots but when the club returns to the field on Nov. 11 to play San Francisco it sounds like, barring any major setbacks, the productive slot receiver will be back on the field.

LONDON (AP) -- St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola is recovering faster than expected from a right shoulder injury, and even thinks there's an ''outside chance'' he can play against the Patriots on Sunday. Amendola said he hasn't ruled out playing against New England at Wembley.

''It kind of depends on how I feel tomorrow,'' Amendola said. ''There's an outside chance I could play. If not, then I'll just wait another week. We have a bye week next week and it might be smart to sit out, but at the same time I want to play and go from there.''

Amendola showed no visible signs of the injury as he caught passes and punts on Thursday, and said his recovery is going quicker than he anticipated.

''I'm almost there,'' he said. ''There's some work to be done, I still need to get some range of motion back and get more comfortable with how I feel. I think I'm going to try to do some more tomorrow and get some more team aspect going into practice instead of just doing individual work.''

Coach Jeff Fisher also didn't rule out using Amendola on Sunday, but cautioned that the wide receiver was also eager to get back on the field immediately after his injury.

It's great news that he practiced again today, although limited. With him practicing already and the bye next week...it's looking real good for him to be back to full form week 10. And as far as I know this type of injury, once fully healed, doesn't limit a guy in any way.

eta

I hope he doesn't play this week.

Get him good and ready for week 10

Curious to know what other owners spent on Amendola, if they're in blind bid waiver leagues.

I had $43 left (out of 100), and spent $20. I'm thinking I overpaid, but I don't know. dude is a stud and I wanted him on my team.

:shrug:

Curious to know what other owners spent on Amendola, if they're in blind bid waiver leagues.I had $43 left (out of 100), and spent $20. I'm thinking I overpaid, but I don't know. dude is a stud and I wanted him on my team. :shrug:
I think that is a bargain for you. Next week Bloom and Lemmy's waiver report will probably put Amendola in the $40 range and $50 for PPR leagues.

I hope he doesn't play this week. Get him good and ready for week 10
:goodposting:
I hope does play this week. this isn't he type of injury that will limit him upon return. Either hes healed or not. It isn't like it's going to flare up on him.
That is true...but since he is still talking about getting his range of motion back and this likely being a game time decision where most owners won't have him in the lineup anyway...I'd rather he just sit. But if he's ready to go he's ready to go. We'll see.

Curious to know what other owners spent on Amendola, if they're in blind bid waiver leagues.I had $43 left (out of 100), and spent $20. I'm thinking I overpaid, but I don't know. dude is a stud and I wanted him on my team. :shrug:
350 out of 430 left. 11 game FPC league. No regrets.

Any word on his ETA?
St. Louis Rams WR Danny Amendola (clavicle) said he will definitely be in the lineup next week following the team's bye. "Yeah, absolutely," Amendola said. "I'm ready to come back and I'm ready to do what I can." Amendola said of his injury, "It's feeling good right now, I have full range of motion and strength and everything."

Low ranking to start the week, what am I missing?
First week back and he's playing against the 49ers, give him a week or two.
He really doesn't have many good looking matchups remaining unless you're gearing towards the playoffs imo. I had him up until the injury, and looking real hard at picking him up again but he would be my #4 behind Julio, Decker and James Jones in a league where I can play 2-3. Given their matchups I couldn't see fielding him more than once or twice depending on how the RB's look that I would play a WR-heavy lineup. Depends on a couple other moves I've got in mind--I could see playing keep away even if he sits on the bench. Already doing that with Hernandez, though. :ph34r:

Users who are viewing this thread