What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***David Wilson Bandwagon*** (2 Viewers)

Giants Rolleyes:ant to fall to 0-3 on the season. Not exactly a "must win", but about as close as you can come this early in the season. Have to believe that Coughlin will see the light, and play Wilson considerably today.
I guess someone forgot to tell the Giants That They wanted to win this week :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing to do with Wilson but Eli is a bum more often than people would like to admit. He's either awesome or absolutely awful.

Could be partially his fault for bouncing the run outside.
Awesomeness.
:goodposting:

It's his fault when Eli gets sacked, even when he's not on the field, and now a hold that called back a 17 yard run is his fault because he bounced it outside to make a play. Absolutely fantastic!
The OT blocked the DE to the outside, when Wilson bounced it out (which he didn't have to) it was easy for the refs to see jersey when the DE tried to break off the block. Not saying its Wilson's fault, but he didn't do his lineman any favors by not hitting the assigned hole

Nothing to do with Wilson but Eli is a bum more often than people would like to admit. He's either awesome or absolutely awful.
The Giants won two Super Bowls in spite of Manning and Coughlin, not because of them.
The first one I think they won because of their line and some the buttons Coughlin pushed in season, like playing all his starters the last game of the regular season against New England when they had nothing to gain. The second title was because of Eli, that team would have won 4 games that season if not for him. It was by far and away his best season as a pro, the team was last in rushing and one of the bottom in defense. Now their defense and rushing were much better in the playoffs but they don't even sniff the playoffs without Eli that season

Why would a thread about an active, controversial player be closed? He's going to continue to be a hotly debated dynasty asset for a long time, whether he ends up being useful in redraft or not.

The people posting in the thread are making it awful, not the thread or thread topic itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wilson looked awesome today ... Had he not had the TD called back (And it shouldn't have been ) he would have ended up with a nice day .

The Giants team and OL in particular is a disaster but what he was able to do with what he had was pretty awesome.

And bye the way ... Scott was a disaster in pass protection and Jacobs looks like some homeless guy they pulled off the street.

The question is no longer who is the guy (Wilson has reestablished that) ... It's how bad is this team and will they ever be able to run the ball

And bye the way ... Scott was a disaster in pass protection and Jacobs looks like some homeless guy they pulled off the street.

The question is no longer who is the guy (Wilson has reestablished that) ... It's how bad is this team and will they ever be able to run the ball
some garbage time applied some cosmeticxs to another awful Sunday for DWils

What we have really learned about Wilson, is he isn't quite ready to be the guy. He isn't able to carry a team on his back no matter how bad they are, he probably would be a good back on a good football team, but right now the Giants aren't even an average football team.

On a side note, the entire Giants team is going to benched fantasy wise if they keep this up.

This week showed I need to stick to my rule of not drafting Giants players, even though I'm a die-hard. I feel it can cloud your true judgement on the players, and this year it killed me. I took Wilson with a high 2nd rd pick instead of stud WR, and boy am I going to pay the price. I later took Nicks as my #2 WR in Rd 6. Unfortunately, some "value" picks that "experts" like those here at Footballguys convinced me to go get (Britt and Vincent Brown) will be waiver wire bait this week. So much for depth I thought I had.

I think Wilson has ability to make a difference, but he needs to be in a 2-back committee. Andre Brown, meh; not sure why he was considered a reliable back to pair up with Wilson. Up until last season, he was a journeyman. Of course, it doesn't matter when your O-line is doing an Ole' and allows the defense to be in the backfield a second after the hand off.

Give Scott a full-game start, and id put money down that they would be satisfied with his performance... Dude is hungry, and wants to prove that NYG doesn't need to bring anyone in. TRY IT! Wilson obviously isn't working!!!

Give Scott a full-game start, and id put money down that they would be satisfied with his performance... Dude is hungry, and wants to prove that NYG doesn't need to bring anyone in. TRY IT! Wilson obviously isn't working!!!
Have you laid eyes on the Giants ####pile of an OL? There's your culprit.

Good news with the Brandon Jacobs signing is that even though he isn't working out as a running back you can probably give him a try out at guard next.

Eminence said:
Any of you jagoffs still want to argue with me about this?
If you watched the game you could tell it wasn't a problem with Wilson. If anything... he was the lone bright spot in this game. Every single play was blown up from the offensive lines completely pathetic excuse. Right now this offense reminds me of the Bears for a year or two ago. Where they had all the right parts on offense but the o-line was such garbage they couldn't do anything. If the O-line starts clicking... Wilson and the rest of the offense has value. If they don't though it's just going to be a really long long season.

There wasn't more than 1 carry while the game was still within reach that wasn't blown up in the backfield right after the hand off. Scott was PATHETIC in pass protection and lead to 2 sacks of Eli. Wilson was significantly better than him all game. Which should lead to more and more playing time for Wilson. Jacobs literally looked like he was using a walker to move around. So that should also lead to more playing time for Wilson. The problem right now is if this offensive line can possibly start to click in order to make some room for him to run. I don't care if you're Adrian Peterson or John Candy... you're not running ANYWHERE when there are 2-3 defenders past the line of scrimmage before the handoff is even completed.

Personally, I think Gilbride needs to try and make running room with better play calling. Call some screens and tosses to try and get Wilson in space. I'm not even sure that I've seen more than 1-2 off tackle rushes all season for the team.

Awesomeness.

It's his fault when Eli gets sacked, even when he's not on the field, and now a hold that called back a 17 yard run is his fault because he bounced it outside to make a play. Absolutely fantastic!
The OT blocked the DE to the outside, when Wilson bounced it out (which he didn't have to) it was easy for the refs to see jersey when the DE tried to break off the block. Not saying its Wilson's fault, but he didn't do his lineman any favors by not hitting the assigned hole
I disagree with you and the announcers on that play. The LBer looked poised to make the tackle if Wilson cut inside. He scored a TD running outside so clearly it wasn't a bad decision to make it to the edge. The OT didn't even need to grab jersey at all. All he had to do was let go and there was no way his guy could have gotten to Wilson. It was clearly the OT's fault. Blaming that in any way on Wilson is beyond stupid.

Awesomeness.

I disagree with you and the announcers on that play. The LBer looked poised to make the tackle if Wilson cut inside. He scored a TD running outside so clearly it wasn't a bad decision to make it to the edge. The OT didn't even need to grab jersey at all. All he had to do was let go and there was no way his guy could have gotten to Wilson. It was clearly the OT's fault. Blaming that in any way on Wilson is beyond stupid.

The microscope and the predetermined conclusion by some that Wilson did something wrong on every play and if we just look hard enough we'll find it, has gotten beyond ridiculous.

A sack is his fault.

An interception is his fault.

A TD run called back for holding is his fault.

Insanity.

Awesomeness.
:goodposting: It's his fault when Eli gets sacked, even when he's not on the field, and now a hold that called back a 17 yard run is his fault because he bounced it outside to make a play. Absolutely fantastic!
Weird, i thought the Giants got shut out today.

This bus is out of control, has hit a massive curb and now the hub caps are flying at the remaining supporters like terrified pedestrians on a street corner.

If you watched the game you could tell it wasn't a problem with Wilson. If anything... he was the lone bright spot in this game.
:lmao: :cry: :lmao:
Did you watch the game? It isn't false in the slightest form... even with being hit in the backfield on nearly every attempt he did look good. He was still breaking tackles and making guys miss. The only problem was he was making 2-3 guys miss just to get back to the line of scrimmage. He also had a very nice TD run that got called back on a holding that never needed to happen as the hold occurred well after Wilson had beat the blocker guy around the corner.

Right now Wilson is a hold and hope the Giants get the offensive line gelling by some miracle when Diehl gets back. As Will Beatty who was playing LT yesterday was responsible for the hold that got Wilson's TD called back as well as I want to say about 4 of the sacks on Eli. I'd go so far as to say he was responsible for even more than that to be completely honest as it seemed like after the first two he let up the rest of the O-Line was trying to shift a little bit to get him more help and it was leading to other wholes in the blocking assignments. Honestly, right now I'm praying they sign someone off their couch as I think a wooden plank could do about as good as Beatty was doing yesterday. Not looking forward to facing Justin Houston and the Chiefs next week in the slightest.

If you watched the game you could tell it wasn't a problem with Wilson. If anything... he was the lone bright spot in this game.
Did you watch the game? It isn't false in the slightest form... even with being hit in the backfield on nearly every attempt he did look good. He was still breaking tackles and making guys miss. The only problem was he was making 2-3 guys miss just to get back to the line of scrimmage. He also had a very nice TD run that got called back on a holding that never needed to happen as the hold occurred well after Wilson had beat the blocker guy around the corner.

Right now Wilson is a hold and hope the Giants get the offensive line gelling by some miracle when Diehl gets back. As Will Beatty who was playing LT yesterday was responsible for the hold that got Wilson's TD called back as well as I want to say about 4 of the sacks on Eli. I'd go so far as to say he was responsible for even more than that to be completely honest as it seemed like after the first two he let up the rest of the O-Line was trying to shift a little bit to get him more help and it was leading to other wholes in the blocking assignments. Honestly, right now I'm praying they sign someone off their couch as I think a wooden plank could do about as good as Beatty was doing yesterday. Not looking forward to facing Justin Houston and the Chiefs next week in the slightest.
If this were Jonestown, you'd be one of those guards that made other people drink the koolaid even though they didn't want to.

If this were Jonestown, you'd be one of those guards that made other people drink the koolaid even though they didn't want to.
No... not really. As I'm clearly saying to sit him cause the Giants O-Line is complete trash. But if you watched the game, he was actually pretty impressive in the touches he got. Regardless, he's a stash and pray that the Giants figure out their blocking issues. Otherwise, he has no value until further notice.

Great contribution. Did you watch the game? Can you refute any of what Khy is saying?

It's hard to look good when your OL is getting blown off the ball, but Wilson did look pretty good.

Great contribution. Did you watch the game? Can you refute any of what Khy is saying?

It's hard to look good when your OL is getting blown off the ball, but Wilson did look pretty good.
No of course not... my reasonable and actual analysis of the game is clearly me drinking the Jonestown Kool Aid. It's not like I said "Sit Wilson until the o-line gets better" or anything like that. I clearly said "Watch Jesus walk on water here. Start Wilson next week".

Users who are viewing this thread