What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DE J.J. Watt - Retired (1 Viewer)

"I talked to cardiologists and electrophysiologists all across the country," Watt told reporters after the game. "And I was assured multiple times by multiple people there was nothing else to do but to go back and play like normal. They said [A-fib] can happen again the next day, or it could happen never again in the next 20 years. I was assured multiple times, so I went back to practice, practiced and here we are."

I am a medical journalist who covers cardiology. What Watt was told is absolutely true. The biggest risk associated with AFib is that it greatly increases your risk for stroke. Many people with it go on blood thinners, though I would doubt Watt will while he’s still playing. It is not one of the arrhythmias that greatly increases risk for cardiac arrest or sudden death.

Amazing player, a shame injuries wrecked much of his prime and the back half of his career. Too much of freak of nature for his body to hold up I guess. That 2014 season was amazing and should have gotten him the MVP if he wasn’t stuck on a crappy Houston team.

>>> LINK to video
-------------------------
Ari Meirov@MySportsUpdate
JJ Watt got a text and voice memo from rookie Jesse Luketa after he announced his retirement this week. Watt didn't have Luketa's number saved.
What happened after is hilarious. Watch till the end. 1f602.png1f602.png

J.J. Watt said he does not have any interest in joining the Texans coaching staff.​

There has been loose speculation about the recently retired Watt joining the Texans, who he spent the first 10 years of his career with, but there doesn't appear to be any real interest at this time. Watt said he would be happy to "pop in and talk to the boys" if asked to do so, but any rumors of him possibly joining DeMeco Ryans' staff can be laid to rest. Ryans has already interviewed several candidates for defensive coordinator, with more interviews expected to follow in the coming days.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Feb 9, 2023, 12:16 PM ET

If he decides to return next year do the Cardinals own his rights?
That's a good question, feels like he should still be in a uniform somewhere. Maybe this is the only to way to force his way out.
I could see him playing 1 more year for a team like KC as an example on a fairly inexpensive deal so he could try and earn a ring
There are other contenders that would love to have him

That's a good question, feels like he should still be in a uniform somewhere. Maybe this is the only to way to force his way out.
I could see him playing 1 more year for a team like KC as an example on a fairly inexpensive deal so he could try and earn a ring
There are other contenders that would love to have him
Yes and while it may be a situation he does not think they are good enough or a legit contender I always kind of thought he might like to play at least one season with his brother(s).

I just looked this up and I do think Arizona holds his rights but when Gronk came out of retirement he got traded for a 4th minus a 7th, so would speculate Watt would only cost a day 3 pick if he wanted to return so would not likely hinder anything if he wanted to return.

Users who are viewing this thread