What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dear makers of Elf on a shelf (2 Viewers)

make a little mask for it and seal it in a big jar.   Tell the kids he caught COVID on his trip from the North Pole and needs to quarantine inside the jar for 2 weeks.  Gets you through the first half of the month at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my 13 year old who never came out last year as a non believer, comes into my room at 10pm last night to remind us that the elf needs to come back.

I told her to come with me. I got the elf from the hiding spot and told her have fun, its her job to move it every night. she was psyched and I dont have to worry about it. 

My 11 year old was equally as excited when he spotted it last night. Asked if it just lived behind the mirror and comes out on Thanksgiving. i give him one more year, 2 max. 
Mr. Peppermint always arrives on turkey day in our house... my 13 year old daughter wanted to be in charge this year.  She was all about it on day one: made a mask, a quarantine sign, put him in a great spot... then pretty much forgot about it.  I wound up moving him at 6:30 each morning since then when I suddenly remembered.  

Last night though, she was all about it last night too. My son had a dentist appt this morning, so my daughter decided it would be fun to hide him in the bathroom with my son's toothbrush... and dental floss... and half a tune of toothpaste squeezed out all over the sink. I am positive she will forget about cleaning it up today too.  :hot:   

we dont do elf on a shelf but yesterday my lady and i played a game called which fn bulb is the one that is making my whole string of lights not work its great when its so cold out that your hands hurt while you play this game and its even better when its your fault you are too cheap to just buy the new led kind of lights like everyone else brohans thats the magic of christmas take that to the bank bromigos 

Mr. Peppermint always arrives on turkey day in our house... my 13 year old daughter wanted to be in charge this year.  She was all about it on day one: made a mask, a quarantine sign, put him in a great spot... then pretty much forgot about it.  I wound up moving him at 6:30 each morning since then when I suddenly remembered.  

Last night though, she was all about it last night too. My son had a dentist appt this morning, so my daughter decided it would be fun to hide him in the bathroom with my son's toothbrush... and dental floss... and half a tune of toothpaste squeezed out all over the sink. I am positive she will forget about cleaning it up today too.  :hot:   
The idea is the kid can't touch him or he loses his power or whatever.   So your son couldn't brush or floss before his dentist appointment this morning?

The idea is the kid can't touch him or he loses his power or whatever.   So your son couldn't brush or floss before his dentist appointment this morning?
along those lines, you want to be a SOB parent, set the elves up sitting on top of your kid's phones. Sorry, cant touch them to get them off...hopefully they'll move by tomorrow. 

along those lines, you want to be a SOB parent, set the elves up sitting on top of your kid's phones. Sorry, cant touch them to get them off...hopefully they'll move by tomorrow. 
What kid that believes in elf on the shelf has a phone :unsure:

My son has at least 3 toothbrushes in every bathroom... this mess was in the powder room downstairs. 

I have used the elf in this manner in the past.  Kids were fighting over something, that night the Elf decided to play with it, "sorry kids, you can't use that today."

I have used the elf in this manner in the past.  Kids were fighting over something, that night the Elf decided to play with it, "sorry kids, you can't use that today."
This is brilliant. Will be stealing this. 

Zow said:
This is brilliant. Will be stealing this. 
Seeing both the joy in their face "Look, Emily is in the Barbie car driving around with Barbie!!' and then the realization "Wait, so now we can't use the car :sadbanana: " within seconds is a fun way to start the morning.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Came clean to my youngest kid last year about all things Santa, so this is the first year in forever that there will be no Elfie. Not going to miss it in the least. 

(Well, might miss all of the times I tried to make my ex-wife laugh by having the Elf do the worst things possible (best things?) to every toy, animal and doll my daughter had.)

My almost 10-year old, bless her naive heart, still believes.  She asks, from time to time, if Santa is real, but we ask her what she thinks and she says "yes!".  Maybe she's just playing us and wants the extra presents :lol:

Anyways, not going to ruin it for her 8-year old brother.  So the elves are still in play.  Thanks to Coronavirus they are outside, hanging off the back eave, in front of the sliding glass door, with a note saying they have to stay there for now.  All because the "quarantine jars" we ordered (surely you must have seen these on the internet) are still in transit.  So once those arrive I get 14 days bought for me.  So I'll only have to move these damn things for like 9-10 days probably, assuming we get the jars in the next day or so.

Users who are viewing this thread