What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Decision between O.Thurman and I.Gold this week (1 Viewer)

Rushmore

Footballguy
I'm a huge Odell fan, but was suprised to see Gold ranked so high in the weekly projections. Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has an opinion on these two for this week. :hey:

I'm a huge Odell fan, but was suprised to see Gold ranked so high in the weekly projections. Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has an opinion on these two for this week. :hey:
I have the same decision to make :bag: :blackdot:

The smart play is to play the guy with experience, but one could argue that since the Cleveland offense, imo, will be conservative this year and try to grind out the game on the ground it will give Odell plenty of opportunities to rack up tackles.Just my 2 cents.Good Luck!!

Start Odel. He's the MLB in a 4/3 scheme. Gold isn't bad, but DJ Williams and A. Wilson will get plenty of tackles. Odel all the way. JMO.

Start Odel. He's the MLB in a 4/3 scheme. Gold isn't bad, but DJ Williams and A. Wilson will get plenty of tackles. Odel all the way. JMO.
Well, with Williams at strong-side this year, Gold should consistently outperform him. Historically, Al Wilson has not racked up as many tackles as a lot of other top MLB's (he has only posted more than 80 solo tackles in one season), so Gold could outperform him on a regular basis as well. Gold is extremely good in coverage, so he should get a good deal of INT's and PDs this season.

That said, Denver linebackers are rarely very productive from a fantasy perspective.

I think this is a toss up.

Why not start both? They both should have good games - though I think Thurman is a little better play since I could see MIA having to throw a lot in the 2nd half on Sunday.Who are your other options at starting LB?

Users who are viewing this thread