What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Denver vs Pittsburgh *** (1 Viewer)

So?

• Denver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Congrats to the Steeelers, they have been AMAZING in the post season! :towelwave: I just wonder if guys like BGP can get off the "Cowher is a choker" schtick.Whatever happens in the Super Bowl you have to admit that the Steeler coaching staff has done one heck of a job this postseason. GO STEELERS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to Steelers fans.

You guys got us good this time.  I'm rooting for you in the Super Bowl, so bring it home!
Thanks! That shows a lot of class! :thumbup:
I went out to Denver to watch the game and I'd like to add that they are the most classy fans I've ever seen. I bet at least 20 fans congratulated us and wished us luck in the Super Bowl. I have a lot of respect for you guys.

I just wonder if guys like BGP can get off the "Cowher is a choker" schtick.

Whatever happens in the Super Bowl you have to admit that the Steeler coaching staff has done one heck of a job this postseason.

GO STEELERS!
You must be kidding. He's already made a post about how terrible Ben played while building a 24-3 halftime lead. There's now way reality can intrude on his opinions. Be prepared for: "Cincy played without Palmer and Shanahan and Plummer are choke artists just like Dungy and Manning. Cowher didn't do anything right, the other guys were just worse."

My first half thoughts:1.  Ben Roethlisberger looked terrible in the first half.
Hey BGP, how does this look:21/29 275 2 TDs 0 Int Rating=124.9 14/24 197 2 TDs 1 Int Rating=95.3 14/19 208 3 TDs 0 Int Rating=148.7 All on the road against the #1, #2, and #3 seeded teams in the conference.Just waiting to see how you're going to put a negative spin on those numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first half thoughts:

1.  Ben Roethlisberger looked terrible in the first half.
Every time I think I've seen it all from you, you NEVER, EVER cease to amaze. :11: :11: :11: :lmao:
I missed this while skimming through this thread. Yes, he was awful in the first half - I think he was something like 12-16 for 180 yards and 2 TDs. :lmao:

My first half thoughts:

Hey BGP, how does this look:21/29 275 2 TDs 0 Int Rating=124.9

14/24 197 2 TDs 1 Int Rating=95.3

14/19 208 3 TDs 0 Int Rating=148.7

All on the road against the #1, #2, and #3 seeded teams in the conference.

Just waiting to see how you're going to put a negative spin on those numbers.
He'll mention that Roethlisberger threw 12 passes that should have been intercepted, but weren't. You see, any ball thrown that a defender either gets a hand on, or is within 6 feet of, SHOULD be an interception, but only when Pittsburgh is on offense. The Steelers have some sort of incredible cosmic luck that allows them to avoid turnovers, because the defenses they face inexplicably botch plays. Ben isn't good, he's just lucky.

The one thing that's getting overlooked in this whole thing is that Cowher is doing some of the best coaching he's ever done.  He outcoached Belichek, but he's doing an all-star level performance today against Skeletor.  Shanahan continues to send Plummer into 7 step drops and he's getting killed.

Excellent job today by Cowher.
When did he outcoach Belichek? Didn't they only play once this year?
I just meant that Cowher had done a better coaching job in the playoffs than the so called geniuses Belichek and Shanahan. In strictly heads up fashion, the depantsing that Cowher gave Marvin Lewis was near criminal.

My first half thoughts:

He'll mention that Roethlisberger threw 12 passes that should have been intercepted, but weren't. You see, any ball thrown that a defender either gets a hand on, or is within 6 feet of, SHOULD be an interception, but only when Pittsburgh is on offense. The Steelers have some sort of incredible cosmic luck that allows them to avoid turnovers, because the defenses they face inexplicably botch plays. Ben isn't good, he's just lucky.
Also, BGP's corollary to the "a game is only a big game if you lose it, not if you win it" theorem: "Should have been" only counts when it "should have been an interception" and wasn't. It does not apply to passes which should have been caught and weren't or passes that go off receivers' hands into those of a defensive back (see Ward's "drop kick" to a defender or the pass to El on the 2 that bounced from his hands to a defender in the endzone, both earlier in the year when Ben was "slumping").

My first half thoughts:

Also, BGP's corollary to the "a game is only a big game if you lose it, not if you win it" theorem: "Should have been" only counts when it "should have been an interception" and wasn't. It does not apply to passes which should have been caught and weren't or passes that go off receivers' hands into those of a defensive back (see Ward's "drop kick" to a defender or the pass to El on the 2 that bounced from his hands to a defender in the endzone, both earlier in the year when Ben was "slumping").
:yes: I'm wondering if he still thinks Roethlisberger is the Steelers' weak link and a liability as he claimed he was going into the playoffs.

My first half thoughts:

:yes: I'm wondering if he still thinks Roethlisberger is the Steelers' weak link and a liability as he claimed he was going into the playoffs.
Nice change in avatars. Congrats on the Big win. Good luck in the SB.

My first half thoughts:

:goodposting:

My first half thoughts:

Nice change in avatars. Congrats on the Big win. Good luck in the SB.
Thank you much !

My first half thoughts:

1. Ben Roethlisberger looked terrible in the first half. He threw 3 INTS. NONE were caught.

a. Bailey whiffs on the pick on the first drive, it pops in the air and is caught for a 1st down.

b. Ben threw an INT in the end zone on another drive that was dropped by the CB.

c. Ben threw one right in the hands of a Bronco to end the half - the defender simply whiffs - it goes right thru his hands and lands in the hands of a Steeler for a TD.
a. Agreed, he got a break.b. The WR had his hands on it first and almost (should have, even) pulled it in for a TD.

c. Quite the contrary, it was a great touch pass just out of the DB's reach.

That was an exceptionally efficient first half, particularly the long drive for the second TD while converting so many third downs. It's time to give up the contrariness and admit that the Stillers have been remarkably adept offensively the last three games.

My hat is off to the Denver fans in this thread - no whining, no excuses, all class. To Ghost Rider, with whom I have had a number of gentlemanly disagreements : this is the reason why I will always debate football with you. In addition to bringing good knowledge and analysis to the table, you're never a crybaby and you're a class act. :thumbup:
Same to you. I always enjoy discussing football back and forth with you, even if we do not agree that often, and I have to admit that I enjoy reading your posts (if I am skimming through a thread, I will almost always read your post from beginning to end). Good luck in the Super Bowl! As long as the media doesn't drive me nuts with Bettis talk, I will be rooting for the Steelers. :P :D

Whatever happens in the Super Bowl you have to admit that the Steeler coaching staff has done one heck of a job this postseason.

GO STEELERS!
You must be kidding. He's already made a post about how terrible Ben played while building a 24-3 halftime lead. There's now way reality can intrude on his opinions. Be prepared for: "Cincy played without Palmer"
That's the thing though- we DID play without Palmer, and it had a huge impact on the game. I don't understand why so many Steeler fans are having trouble grasping this.

GO STEELERS!
You must be kidding. He's already made a post about how terrible Ben played while building a 24-3 halftime lead. There's now way reality can intrude on his opinions. Be prepared for: "Cincy played without Palmer"
That's the thing though- we DID play without Palmer, and it had a huge impact on the game. I don't understand why so many Steeler fans are having trouble grasping this.
We grasp it. We just understand it's the nature of the game. I don't hear Bengal fans disclaiming the division title because the Steelers lost two games playing without Ben. Ask a Pats or Panthers fan about injuries. It's the NFL. Players get hurt. Move on.

GO STEELERS!
We grasp it. We just understand it's the nature of the game. I don't hear Bengal fans disclaiming the division title because the Steelers lost two games playing without Ben. Ask a Pats or Panthers fan about injuries. It's the NFL. Players get hurt. Move on.
And not to beat a dead horse but twice Kitna gave the Bengals a double digit lead that their defense could not hold. Unless Palmer was going to play defense, I think Bengals still lose.

My hat is off to the Denver fans in this thread - no whining, no excuses, all class.  To Ghost Rider, with whom I have had a number of gentlemanly disagreements : this is the reason why I will always debate football with you.  In addition to bringing good knowledge and analysis to the table, you're never a crybaby and you're a class act.  :thumbup:
Same to you. I always enjoy discussing football back and forth with you, even if we do not agree that often, and I have to admit that I enjoy reading your posts (if I am skimming through a thread, I will almost always read your post from beginning to end). Good luck in the Super Bowl! As long as the media doesn't drive me nuts with Bettis talk, I will be rooting for the Steelers. :P :D
Thanks, man. As I have a feeling it very well might happen, here's to meeting again in the 2007 AFC title game.... :banned:

GO STEELERS!
Be thankful you had a home playoff game. Roethlisberger missed 4 games this season. With him in the line-up the Steelers wouldn't have lost to Jacksonville or Baltimore and would've won the division.

Good luck in the Super Bowl! As long as the media doesn't drive me nuts with Bettis talk, I will be rooting for the Steelers. :P :D
Are you there yet? Now the copter pilots on the local news' AM traffic report are commenting on The Bus coming to Detroit... :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread