What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derek Chauvin trial. Murder of George Floyd. Convictions now appealed. (5 Viewers)

Those bystanders who were pleading with Chauvin weren’t just trying to save George Floyd. As it turns out, they were trying to save Chauvin as well. Such a tragedy all around. 

Ultimately it’s progress.  I’ll take it.  I see some that aren’t happy pointing out black men get longer sentences for non violent offenses.  Which i get but ultimately accountability is progress and it’s a good first step.  

plus he has two other cases pending so likely he ends up closer to 30 when it’s finished.  

Ultimately it’s progress.  I’ll take it.  I see some that aren’t happy pointing out black men get longer sentences for non violent offenses.  Which i get but ultimately accountability is progress and it’s a good first step.  

plus he has two other cases pending so likely he ends up closer to 30 when it’s finished.  
:goodposting:

The right policy change here is to greatly reduce or eliminate prison time for non-violent offenses, not to make other sentences proportionately longer.  I know you probably agree with that -- just saying it out loud.

Thomas Lane pleaded guilty Wednesday to a state charge of aiding and abetting second-degree manslaughter in the killing of George Floyd

Lane, along with J. Alexander Kueng and Tou Thao, has already been convicted on federal counts of willfully violating Floyd’s rights during the May 2020 restraint that led to the Black man’s death.

The state is recommending a sentence for Lane of three years — which is below state sentencing guidelines — and has agreed to allow him to serve the time in a federal prison. He has not yet been sentenced in the federal case.

huh.   concurrent sentence, so practically it adds a couple years to his time since federal parole laws are different.
I imagine that’s why he plead. 

Frankly, concurrent sentences seem appropriate to me here all things considered. 

Users who are viewing this thread