What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DFS 2022 - How did it go for you? (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Crazy year for me. Started around $25 and built up to over $200. Got smashed on some huge overlay opportunities and whittled this down below $25. I absolutely pounded a contest only 30% full and finished in last. Had to deposit $100 to $125 more over the next month and kept losing and ended up around $25 again. Started hitting on some tickets I had collected earlier and went on a tear mainly chasing overlay. Won every single week since Thanksgiving and finished up the year at $590. Didn't have a single contest win pay out over $40, mostly double and triple payouts in gpps. Had one lineup last night that was sitting in first for $1000 with under 5 minutes to go. Slide to tenth, if DeVonta had scored instead of stepping out at the two I would have won. That was the theme of the year, close to some big payouts but never got there.

Pretty much my strategy was to only play overlay (avoid the 19% vig) or contests under 90% filled and rely on @Maurile Tremblay projections to find my cheap player. I did not pay up for the full FBG dfs service. Probably played 85-90% in the single game contests.

I'm still dumbfounded by the number of people playing dfs and that it's crickets in this forum. Just doesn't add up for me.

Doing NFL, NBA & PGA. Not really using any tools or services. Gravitated toward Showdowns as it eliminates the task of trying to figure out which games will provide better scoring.
Finished up about $700 mostly from 1 good week.

Playing year round NFL, NBA (Not near as much this year as NBA is a miserable grind with lineups), NHL, Nascar and MLB. I won a ticket to a 2500 NBA contest and took 9th for 15K. After that I started playing more of the slightly higher $ lower entry NFL contests that aren't as variant. I took 1st in the $33 on DK the last week of the regular season for 10K. Got a W9 and have to pay taxes now. I have taken down a couple NHL and NBA contests for smaller $. Getting ready for MLB season because that has been my most profitable sport the last couple years. Hoping to get another W9 this year.

Any of you guys have a news letter? In need to sign up, :lol:. Basically broke even this year and based on what I'm about to post compared you you guys - I think my biggest problem is contest selection.

I play mostly NFL (very rarely play anything else these days). On DK I typically play 1 or 2 lineups in the Milly Maker and then some other $1 lineups in those massive (in terms of entries) tournaments. On FD I use the FBG tools to mass entry the 5 cent tournament... basically select one QB for 80 or 90% of those lineups, select a handful of RBs, and let the tool fill in the rest.

Had I started Davis Mills in the Milly Maker in week 17 I likely would have came in 2nd place for 100K based on the other players I had in all lineups... but that's mostly speculation/projection because I never really considered him that much. Anyway, because I mostly play massive entry tournaments, I just need to hit one big score, but I'm still waiting for that to happen :lol:

Pretty much my strategy was to only play overlay (avoid the 19% vig) or contests under 90% filled

I've actually tried to do this a couple times based on your recommendation but haven't really had any luck in finding anything. I'm guessing you have a few lineups (or maybe just one) ready to go and then check ~5 minutes before contest locks for the overlay? Is that close to your process? And do you have the most success in finding overlay on DK or FD or somewhere else?

Pretty much my strategy was to only play overlay (avoid the 19% vig) or contests under 90% filled

I've actually tried to do this a couple times based on your recommendation but haven't really had any luck in finding anything. I'm guessing you have a few lineups (or maybe just one) ready to go and then check ~5 minutes before contest locks for the overlay? Is that close to your process? And do you have the most success in finding overlay on DK or FD or somewhere else?
Yes. I'll put an entry into the cheapest contest on all the single contest and also the other slates except for the main and 1pm stuff. Check back in later to get an idea where there might be overlay and then click as fast as I can around under a minute. Sometimes they drop a new contest late. I only do fanduel. Of course somedays you just don't get overlay and have wasted your time.

Also have had some success getting lineups into the 4th quarter contests early before they fill. You'll be fighting the vig, but many don't check back and edit there lineup for the game script or injuries. The fourth quarter contests released later tend to be tougher.

Playing year round NFL, NBA (Not near as much this year as NBA is a miserable grind with lineups), NHL, Nascar and MLB. I won a ticket to a 2500 NBA contest and took 9th for 15K. After that I started playing more of the slightly higher $ lower entry NFL contests that aren't as variant. I took 1st in the $33 on DK the last week of the regular season for 10K. Got a W9 and have to pay taxes now. I have taken down a couple NHL and NBA contests for smaller $. Getting ready for MLB season because that has been my most profitable sport the last couple years. Hoping to get another W9 this year.
Well done. Congrats on the big win.

I play NFL DK tournaments and qualifiers. A few times I finished second in qualifier tickets, so missed out by 1 spot. When I would hit in a showdown contest, there were too many ties to make it super profitable. I've finished first in some big contests in years past, but this season was a grind and not much fun.

To the point by @snellman, I've found its better to play in the higher $, lower entry contests, even though the top prize is lower. For example, you could play in five $20 MM lineups or a single $100 contest lineup. Go for the $100. Same for qualifiers. I try to aim for $33 or higher. There is actually a chance at winning without max entries.

I got an email from DK saying I could get a $4 MLB ticket if I enter any MLB contest. So I played a 10 cent tourney and cashed for 50 cents, lol. Then also cashed the ticket for $7. Not bad for a MLB noon.

Strategy: pick small slates, then pick the top 2 projected pitchers, then load up the OF, then min at catcher, 2nd and SS, then back to 1st and 3rd base with the rest of the salary. Also tried to select multiple players from the same team if possible.

I may try this a few more times to see how long this luck will last :lol:

I may try this a few more times to see how long this luck will last :lol:
Experiment is over :lol:
In baseball you want to stack teams. Easiest way to think about it is 5-3. Pick your 2 pitchers, then 5 players from one team and 3 from another. The builder I use has options for stacks so I usually just set it to 5-X and run my lineups to see what comes out. Baseball is usually my best sport, but it is a highly variant sport so there will be a lot of ups and downs.

I'm still dumbfounded by the number of people playing dfs and that it's crickets in this forum. Just doesn't add up for me.

No crap. Baffles me as well. I find Reddit has a decent amount of posts each week. But always hard to follow on there for me.

Users who are viewing this thread