What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Diagnosed with Skin Cancer (1 Viewer)

That is great advice and I will surely have my entire body checked every 6 months.
Glad to hear you are doing well GB. Out of curiosity what did you notice to have it checked out? As I get older I’m starting to get concerned about skin issues but don’t always know what to look for besides moles that appear out of nowhere. 

GoBirds said:
Glad to hear you are doing well GB. Out of curiosity what did you notice to have it checked out? As I get older I’m starting to get concerned about skin issues but don’t always know what to look for besides moles that appear out of nowhere. 
It looked like a little volcano with a white top.  Strange thing is I got another place on my left hand at the same time and had it biopsied as well.  It came back clean, but the right hand did not.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looked like a little volcano with a white top.  Strange thing is I got another place on my left hand at the same time and had it biopsied as well.  It came back clean, but the right hand did not.
Glad to hear you are doing well and thanks for sharing , this is definitely something a lot of us need to be on the lookout for. 

Posted this in the colonoscopy thread because I decided to share ALL of my recent medical history in one post...

I have some larger moles on my back so my wife suggested that I go to her dermatologist to have them looked at. I ended up going a couple of weeks for the checkup and to get a skin tag, aka Pigmented Seborrheic Keratosis, removed near my upper eyelid. Also got something checked out on my forehead that turned out to be Basal Cell Carcinoma. It appeared a few months ago but I didn't think much of it because it was pretty small, translucent bump right in the middle of my forehead. The dermatologist seemed a little more concerned when I told her it had bled a little bit a couple of weeks back (maybe I scratched it or something? Can't remember). She wanted to get a biopsy done on both the skin tag and whatever this thing was on my forehead. Got the results last week and the skin tag was benign but the forehead thingy wasn't.

I need to schedule a Mohs surgery to take care of that. It's pretty small and was barely noticeable but I'm glad I got it looked at.

Last edited:
Posted this in the colonoscopy thread because I decided to share ALL of my recent medical history in one post...

I have some larger moles on my back so my wife suggested that I go to her dermatologist for a checkup so I ended up going a couple of weeks the checkup and to get a skin tag, aka Pigmented Seborrheic Keratosis, removed near my upper eyelid. Also got something checked out on my forehead that turned out to be Basal Cell Carcinoma. It appeared a few months ago but I didn't think much of it because it was pretty small, translucent bump right in the middle of my forehead. The dermatologist seemed a little more concerned when I told her it had bled a little bit a couple of weeks back (maybe I scratched it or something? Can't remember). She wanted to get a biopsy done on both the skin tag and whatever this thing was on my forehead. Got the results last week and the skin tag was benign but the forehead thingy wasn't.

I need to schedule a Mohs surgery to take care of that. It's pretty small and was barely noticeable but I'm glad I got it looked at.

I'm sharing this not to scare you but to prepare you and to make sure you communicate well with your doctor. I had a skin tag sized BCC between my eye and temple. They told me the Mohs would take thin layers off, etc. Well the surgeon was a different doctor in the same practice. We get in there and he's working for a while and I'm wondering what he's doing. He gets done and tells me they're going to check the tissue out to see if they got it all. A little while later the nurse comes in and she's looking at things and I've got my cell phone out. She says do you want a picture and I say ok. She takes a picture and hands me my cell phone back and I look and I've got a dime-sized hole in my face that's pretty deep. I was in shock :shock:. A little while later the surgeon comes back in and says good news, we got it all, and I'm like no s##t m##f###ker, of course you got it all :hot:. I was really upset and called my doctor later in the day to ask about it. Her nurse called me back and said that since it was nodular (as well as superficial) they had to go deeper than just superficial layers. That was in August and I've got an appt. with my regular dr. in February to check things out and I'm going to be sure to let her know what I think.

In hindsight, I think what happened is that my doctor had scraped a layer of skin off with the skin tag sized BCC and left a dime-sized red mark on my face. The surgeon colored in that entire area with a marker and said does this look right? and I said yeah I guess, that's where it was, thinking he was going to slice thin layers on that spot. Then he proceeded to remove that whole section of my face :loco::cry:.

I have some larger moles on my back so my wife suggested that I go to her dermatologist for a checkup so I ended up going a couple of weeks the checkup and to get a skin tag, aka Pigmented Seborrheic Keratosis, removed near my upper eyelid. Also got something checked out on my forehead that turned out to be Basal Cell Carcinoma. It appeared a few months ago but I didn't think much of it because it was pretty small, translucent bump right in the middle of my forehead. The dermatologist seemed a little more concerned when I told her it had bled a little bit a couple of weeks back (maybe I scratched it or something? Can't remember). She wanted to get a biopsy done on both the skin tag and whatever this thing was on my forehead. Got the results last week and the skin tag was benign but the forehead thingy wasn't.

I'm sharing this not to scare you but to prepare you and to make sure you communicate well with your doctor. I had a skin tag sized BCC between my eye and temple. They told me the Mohs would take thin layers off, etc. Well the surgeon was a different doctor in the same practice. We get in there and he's working for a while and I'm wondering what he's doing. He gets done and tells me they're going to check the tissue out to see if they got it all. A little while later the nurse comes in and she's looking at things and I've got my cell phone out. She says do you want a picture and I say ok. She takes a picture and hands me my cell phone back and I look and I've got a dime-sized hole in my face that's pretty deep. I was in shock :shock:. A little while later the surgeon comes back in and says good news, we got it all, and I'm like no s##t m##f###ker, of course you got it all :hot:. I was really upset and called my doctor later in the day to ask about it. Her nurse called me back and said that since it was nodular (as well as superficial) they had to go deeper than just superficial layers. That was in August and I've got an appt. with my regular dr. in February to check things out and I'm going to be sure to let her know what I think.

In hindsight, I think what happened is that my doctor had scraped a layer of skin off with the skin tag sized BCC and left a dime-sized red mark on my face. The surgeon colored in that entire area with a marker and said does this look right? and I said yeah I guess, that's where it was, thinking he was going to slice thin layers on that spot. Then he proceeded to remove that whole section of my face :loco::cry:.

Appreciate the context. I have a call to setup the appointment and will certainly ask a few more questions than I had originally anticipated. How has it healed since the original procedure?

Appreciate the context. I have a call to setup the appointment and will certainly ask a few more questions than I had originally anticipated. How has it healed since the original procedure?

It's been almost 3 months and I'd say it's healed as well as it could have. There's a line there and it's slightly discolored in that area, but it seems to be less noticeable to others than to me. Since I'm getting more and more vain in my old age I bought this really expensive scar gel called Skinuva and have been using it since they took the stitches out.

@Dez89
Had my Moh's surgery today. They only had to take one pass at it. I didn't get a picture of it before they stitched it up but after your description, I have my own visual so I'll leave it at that for now.

I have a big-*** compression bandage on my forehead so I'm not really sure how it looks up there right now. I'll take it off tomorrow evening to clean it and see how it looks. The doctor did say that the stitches/scarring are right in the seam i.e. wrinkle on my forehead so hopefully it won't be too noticeable.

How is the Skinuva working out? Do you think it helped?

@Dez89
Had my Moh's surgery today. They only had to take one pass at it. I didn't get a picture of it before they stitched it up but after your description, I have my own visual so I'll leave it at that for now.

I have a big-*** compression bandage on my forehead so I'm not really sure how it looks up there right now. I'll take it off tomorrow evening to clean it and see how it looks. The doctor did say that the stitches/scarring are right in the seam i.e. wrinkle on my forehead so hopefully it won't be too noticeable.

Good luck! I'm sure they told you, but keeping Vaseline on it is supposed to help it heal. It's really hard to say if the Skinuva did anything. Like I said, it's healed as well as it could have, but hard to know if the Skinuva made any difference.

@Dez89

Mine finally healed. Because of it ripping open in New York I had to go for therapy several weeks to get it under control. Good luck with your treatment as well.

@Senor Schmutzig so how are you doing?
Not bad. It seemed to be healing nicely until I noticed that they left one of the stitches in that was under the surface and started poking out. Had to pull that out so the scar opened a little bit. The redness around it has gone down but it hasn't healed i.e. become relatively unnoticeable, as quickly as I thought it would. I'm still putting Aquaphor on it each night and during the day when I remember.

Not bad. It seemed to be healing nicely until I noticed that they left one of the stitches in that was under the surface and started poking out. Had to pull that out so the scar opened a little bit. The redness around it has gone down but it hasn't healed i.e. become relatively unnoticeable, as quickly as I thought it would. I'm still putting Aquaphor on it each night and during the day when I remember.

Update?

Update?
Still a little noticeable but my wife never mentions it so maybe we have just grown used to it? Also don't receive the "what did you do, run into something comments" anymore so that's a sign that it may be starting to blend in with the wrinkles....lol

Update?
Still a little noticeable but my wife never mentions it so maybe we have just grown used to it? Also don't receive the "what did you do, run into something comments" anymore so that's a sign that it may be starting to blend in with the wrinkles....lol

Yeah I think mine basically looks like another wrinkle next to my eye.

Users who are viewing this thread