What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did AOC Truly fear "GOP lawmakers would lead rioters to her" (2 Viewers)

I don't think he actually wanted, or incited that group to do what they did with that speech.

I do think Trump is a narcissistic D bag who was irresponsible with his platform.  

At the end of the day I think Trump thought he could manipulate our system like he did in the business world.  I think he lacks self awareness.  I think he's arrogant and has horrible interpersonal skills.  I don't think he's hitler or even a wannabe dictator.
While I don't know that we can ever know for sure, which visual do you have of Trump during the riots?

1. Frantically on the phones trying to arrange support for the Capitol Police, arrange to speak to those rioting, etc.  to calm down if not resolve the crisis
  2. Feet up with a big grin on his face proud as all hell that no other president had such committed supporters while eating the fast food of the day

From what I could see of the Capital defenders with their guns drawn and barricaded inside I do believe it's entirely possible that all the lawmakers were concerned for their lives. The rhetoric which brought them there was spoken by the GOP reps at the rally and had been ongoing for months if not longer.  By that point they'd already heard the gunshot and the sound of radicalized rioters growing closer.  I don't understand why AOC's comment has become another point of division.  It's like people can't face the fact that to move forward, we have to move together, not further apart.  

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I could see of the Capital defenders with their guns drawn and barricaded inside I do believe it's entirely possible that all the lawmakers were concerned for their lives. The rhetoric which brought them there was spoken by the GOP reps at the rally and had been ongoing for months if not longer.  By that point they'd already heard the gunshot and the sound of radicalized rioters growing closer.  I don't understand why AOC's comment has become another point of division.  It's like people can't face the fact that to move forward, we have to move together, not further apart.  
Because the truth matters? 

I mean it was a concerted effort among democrats to make it sound like they narrowly escaped a sinister plot. 

Omg they removed my panic buttons in advance!

Omg there was surveillance in advance. I have forwarded this information to officials.

Omg guys I cant go into details but I narrowly escaped an assassination attempt.

I mean the biggest tell in all of this is that AOC waited until 6 days after to first mention any of this. Like she would have kept quiet that long. 

Even the justice department was on board with this narrative. Until they realized they werent. 

Officials say no ‘direct evidence’ of plot to assassinate during Capitol attack

For starters, I don't feel that I completely comprehend the severity of the riots. However, I could never imagine a colleague, with so much to lose, would do this.  Do you think this was an actual fear or was she using for political capital? Sad to me either way as she is an interesting young leader. 

I did search for: AOC before posting.
Of course not.  This is just AOC making herself part of the story.

Typical response I expected.  And LOL at the bolded
Laugh all you want, it’s true. The young kids who burned and looted after midnight were mostly gang member types, not part of any organized protests, certainly not a part of Black Lives Matter or the near mythical Antifa. They were opportunistic teenage thugs. If you don’t believe this, talk to police who were there. I have, because some of the properties I managed were hit. 

Laugh all you want, it’s true. The young kids who burned and looted after midnight were mostly gang member types, not part of any organized protests, certainly not a part of Black Lives Matter or the near mythical Antifa. They were opportunistic teenage thugs. If you don’t believe this, talk to police who were there. I have, because some of the properties I managed were hit. 
:lmao:   There's more to the country than your little bubble in LA

That is pure anectodal.  No saying some were but there is no proof to back that statement up.

It’s not confusing. It’s just an absurd question. I can’t quite believe you’re asking it. 
It's absurd you made the statement to begin with.  Back it up.  YOU made the assertion, not me.  It's incumbent upon you to back up that statement to convince others that it's true.  :shrug:

It's absurd you made the statement to begin with.  Back it up.  YOU made the assertion, not me.  It's incumbent upon you to back up that statement to convince others that it's true.  :shrug:
Yeah I don’t think I need to convince a lot of people that gang members don’t vote. I’ll tell you what, I’m just going to leave that assertion out there and you’re free to question it. 

Yeah I don’t think I need to convince a lot of people that gang members don’t vote. I’ll tell you what, I’m just going to leave that assertion out there and you’re free to question it. 
Cool.  As long as we're okay with the new policy of making assertions-as-fact-because-I-said-it then we're good to go.

I, for one, hope to never, EVER see you ask other posters for links or proof anymore to back up their assertions.  Good luck! :thumbup:

That is pure anectodal.  No saying some were but there is no proof to back that statement up.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-05/looting-protests-george-floyd%3f_amp=true
“The looters were mostly young and male” 

You’re correct that what we have is mostly anecdotal evidence about the looters. But here’s what we know: they were not part of the organized Black Lives Matter movement who led the protests. It’s unlikely they were part of Antifa which is extremely tiny. It’s unlikely they were organized at all. Therefore I think my assumption is a reasonable one. 
Which is why analogies between what happened last summer and what happened at the Capitol fall apart upon closer examination. 

Just stop!  You are getting owned in this thread by Tim.  You are only making it worse.
Headline: Guy who sides with Tim on every issue says Tim is owning guy he doesn't side with!

Please.  I asked him to back up his assertion and he couldn't do it.  I thought that was a no-no in here but, then again, I realize now that this forum only requires proof if you don't tow the liberal talking points.

Cool.  As long as we're okay with the new policy of making assertions-as-fact-because-I-said-it then we're good to go.

I, for one, hope to never, EVER see you ask other posters for links or proof anymore to back up their assertions.  Good luck! :thumbup:
I’ll continue to ask for links and proof when I feel it’s appropriate. But when I do so, feel free to bring up the fact that I refused to offer evidence that gang members aren’t civilly minded. 

I’ll continue to ask for links and proof when I feel it’s appropriate. But when I do so, feel free to bring up the fact that I refused to offer evidence that gang members aren’t civilly minded. 
You don't get to do that anymore when you yourself - when asked - refuse to provide proof.  You lost those rights.

But, good luck with your future requests anyways!

I, for one, feel emboldened to make all kinds of ridiculous assertions since I'll never be required to provide even cursory proof based on the new Tim's Standard of Proof (hint:  there is none).

Headline: Guy who sides with Tim on every issue says Tim is owning guy he doesn't side with!

Please.  I asked him to back up his assertion and he couldn't do it.  I thought that was a no-no in here but, then again, I realize now that this forum only requires proof if you don't tow the liberal talking points.
I wasn’t aware that my assumption that MS-13 members tend to shy away from the ballot box was a “liberal talking point”. But hey if you say so. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-05/looting-protests-george-floyd%3f_amp=true
“The looters were mostly young and male” 

You’re correct that what we have is mostly anecdotal evidence about the looters. But here’s what we know: they were not part of the organized Black Lives Matter movement who led the protests. It’s unlikely they were part of Antifa which is extremely tiny. It’s unlikely they were organized at all. Therefore I think my assumption is a reasonable one. 
Which is why analogies between what happened last summer and what happened at the Capitol fall apart upon closer examination. 
IMO riots are riots regardless of how they come about.  The rioting, buring and looting in all the cities and then the riot at the Capitol are unacceptable.  Seems like after last summer when not much was done people just think it is ok to riot now.

I wasn’t aware that my assumption that MS-13 members tend to shy away from the ballot box was a “liberal talking point”. But hey if you say so. 
See, this is where people get into trouble by making assumptions.  You know the old saying about assumptions, so I won't bother repeating it.  You should know better, but somehow your condescending attitude is preventing you from it.

IMO riots are riots regardless of how they come about.  The rioting, buring and looting in all the cities and then the riot at the Capitol are unacceptable.  Seems like after last summer when not much was done people just think it is ok to riot now.
It wasn’t OK to riot then; it’s not OK now. Who thinks otherwise? 

Users who are viewing this thread