What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (1 Viewer)

glvsav37 said:
I think i heard they have 6 different music/experience options. 
We got I Want You Back and Free Ride.  Our fellow riders popped for I Want You Back; we were clapping and singing along, missed a little of the ride content.  Guess I’ll have to ride it again.  

Pixar Play Parade At DL was fun.  It’s usually at DCA.  A new lamp float now bats leadoff.  An Inside-Out float with Joy, Sadness, Bing-Bong, and the wagon is a perfect addition.

We got to the Polynesian last night and our plan was to try to get out of the room by 7:20 am to hit Animal Kingdom this morning for Magic Hours and head straight for Flight of Passage. Of course, I was ready to go 20 minutes after waking up but everyone else was late. We got lucky and there was an Uber right out front. Got to the park at 7:45. We were in line for the ride by 8 am. It was a 75-minute wait, but it went pretty fast. I am extremely prone to motion sickness. It's almost embarrassing how bad I am. From what I had read about FoP, it seemed like I'd be OK. Well, halfway through the ride, I took off the 3D glasses and looked around to reorient myself because all I could think was, I am going to puke and they're going to have to close this ride and we will be asked to leave Disney World and I will become a pariah. I was really close. We got off and my wife said I was pouring sweat, which I was. Then, because I didn't want to look like a total wuss in front of my family, we used our Fastpass for Expedition Everest. Yeah, going backwards on a roller coaster in the dark wasn't the best choice. I felt worse, and it took me hours to recover. It's like I'm 1,000 years old.

We were going to get a churro for my son and leave the park when I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had been paying for everything with Magic Band so I have no idea when my wallet went missing. I put the chances at 95 percent that I'd been pickpocketed. I had about $250 in cash (basically for emergency, although I should've just left it hidden in the room), my license and three credit cards. I was feeling pretty crappy, but my wife did her best to tell me not to let it ruin our trip. We got the churro and hit lost and found on the way out of the park. I talked to the guy at guest relations, he went into the back room, and came out with my wallet. I said, "No way." He said, "I guess there are still good people left in the world." Nothing was missing, not even the cash. Just a massive relief. I have no idea how I lost it.
Awesome story! I’m with you on motion sickness. It sucks but I always try to power through. Definitely no rides after FoP though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are planning a big trip for December, but just booked a quickie for next month.

Drive in Friday, May 18- staying at Port Orleans for first time

Saturday breakfast: Beignets!

Saturday AM Epcot - no FPs - we will hit TT and Frozen at rope drop.

Lunch at Via Napoli (excellent scenery & Pizza)

Saturday PM dinner: Boatwrights at Port Orleans.

Saturday PM: MK - FPs: Mine Train and Splash Mountain

Sunday breakfast: Beignets!

Sunday AM: AK - FPs: Navi River and Safari

Sunday Lunch: Yak & Yeti

Back to Miami 

Pumped!

Back from Anaheim.  Some disjointed thoughts...

The Paint The Night parade seemed out of place at DCA.  I enjoyed it fine, but it wasn't the same watching it progress through Hollywood Land as when we used to curl up in our favorite parade-watching spot near the Alice In Wonderland and the Matterhorn and seeing it in the original Disneyland.  

The lamp and Inside-Out floats are welcome additions to the Pixar Play Parade.   The Parks have big plans for Inside-Out.  The emotions and Bing-Bong will have roles in the new Pixar Pier.  

The new Guardians Of The Galaxy ride is terrific.  Really impressed how they converted Tower Of Terror into it.  And not just the action part of the ride.  The queue is fun, and there's a spot outside the ride where music from Awesome Mix 1 & 2 play constantly.  It's also the spot for a pop-up dance party with Star-Lord, Gamora, and Groot that breaks out a few times a day.  

Got to say farewell to A Bug's Land.  This will be missed by parents of preschool kids.  My wife and I first took the kid to DLR when she was 4.  The kid was a good sport about walking through it one last time.  (DCA is gutting It's Tough To Be A Bug and A Bug's Land to build an immersive Avengers land, details still under wraps.)

The Animation Academy debuted a bunch of new Pixar classes.  We took a Baby Dory class that was a blast.  Edna, Bing-Bong, Dante, Dug, Groot, Jack-Jack, Mike, Sulley, and Lotso were also on the schedule.  

Pixar Pier isn't done yet but we walked through an exhibit of concept art.  There are some inspired choices for the new version of the Pier.  It will be divided into Incredibles (California Screamin is getting an Incredibles rebranding), Toy Story (Toy Story Mania is already back there, look for the opening of "Senor Buzz's Churros"), Inside-Out (a Bing-Bong themed confectionery is in the works, an Angry Dogs hot dog stand as well), and "Pixar Pals" (the rest of the crew, the Fun Wheel is getting a Pixar rebranding with the gondolas getting a Pixar Pal art and name).  

The Pixar Fest merchandise bumrush was on.  The debut of the Sulley popcorn bucket triggered long lines at every popcorn stand that had them.  Probably would have gone faster had they just set up a "buy Sulley popcorn buckets here" table next to the cart, but I guess that's not the point.  There were some disgruntled APs that got shut out of limited-run AP merch, like a really cool-looking Pixar Pals shirt.  We grabbed a couple Pixar Fest shirts, and a plush Dug with removable Cone Of Shame accessory.  

It had been a while since I'd ridden the original Space Mountain.  DL runs a "Ghost Galaxy" overlay in September and October, and also has a "Hyperspace Mountain" Star Wars overlay that ran for a lot of our most recent AP time.  As the Nature Boy Ric Flair says, "Space Mountain might be the oldest ride, but it's still got the longest lines!  WOOOOO!!!"

Did the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package.  This turned out great.  We got seated right on the rail where we could see the Pirates Of The Caribbean boats go by.  The entrees were prepared perfectly.  (I took down a bone-in ribeye with great pleasure.)  And the creme brulee was an enormous hit with my two favorite people.  I got the Sorceror Mickey, which was a lot of fun.  And the Blue Bayou viewing section for Fantasmic really is a premium seat.  Terrific sightline and closeness for Fantasmic, and a good angle for the fireworks show (and water projections shown in the Fantasmic area).  Plus, we got souvenir seat cushions included with our package that we could use for Fantasmic and take home with us. 

Can't praise MaxPass enough.  It was great booking FastPasses from queues, during meals, even back at the hotel during siesta.  Once you're scanned in the park, you can book FastPasses for either DL or DCA.  As fun as the Indiana Jones-like FP acquisition game was, I'm getting too old for that ####.  Nice that Disney also threw in PhotoPass and all ride photos with it, too.  

By dumb luck, I got to ride Soarin from my favorite seat in the house: center section, row 1, center seat.  As great as Soarin 2.0 is, there's a little distortion in the video from the side sections.  

It was my birthday during the trip, so I wore one of those Birthday buttons.  Wow, the cast really is trained to spot these and acknowledge them.  And a few park guests, too.  That was fun.  But the best was encountering the Mad Hatter: I waved at him, he spotted my button... then our faces went blank.  He shook his head as I said, "I know, the ONE day".

I thought I'd seen somewhere that Pirates was retiring the auction scene.  Well, Anaheim hasn't done that yet.

Ventured over to the Disneyland Hotel for an early dinner at the Steakhouse 55 lounge.  Oh, this was great fun.  They serve these terrific French Dip sandwiches from shaving up last night's unsold Prime Rib.  And a truffle Mac & Cheese that's a must for anyone who plays varsity Mac & Cheese, like my two favorite people.  The crab cake sandwich was really good, too.  Fueled us up right for another 5-6 hours at Disneyland later.  

Stayed at Park Vue Inn.  The location is tough to beat, but that place has taken a beating.  The temperature crept up into the 80s during our stay, and the A/C wasn't powerful enough to reach the whole of the room.  So we had wide temperature and humidity changes within our hotel room.  This place used to be a great value.  Now it's just banking on location.  (Or maybe I'm spoiled abusing the family discount privilege of my sister's employment with a major hotel chain.)  

I'd seen the plans, but walking from Disneyland Hotel to Downtown Disney, it was easier to see how Disney plans to drop another hotel into the space.  They're going to build on top of where ESPN Zone and Rainforest Cafe are right now.  Take it a little farther east if they want to absorb the DD monorail station into the new hotel.  And there's already a bunch of parking nearby with another ramp in the works.   

Thanks for indulging this.  As I posted in another thread, we got blindsided by the sudden loss of a beloved family dog when we got home and it helped to occupy my mind with thoughts of something else typing this out.  

Please, Sweet baby Jesus, let this be true.

Internal sources are reporting that Disney has ordered a new fleet of monorails for Walt Disney World to replace the aging and problematic Mark VI monorails that have been in use at the resort since 1989.

Apparently, the now-infamous door incident on Monorail Red in early January was the main impetus behind the decision. Video taken by a passenger showed one of the doors on the monorail wide open while passengers were on board traveling to the Epcot station. After this incident, Disney added signs to all the monorails warning guests not to lean on the doors.

The new fleet will reportedly be built by Bombardier of Canada, the same company that built the Mark VI trains for Walt Disney World, and one of only a very few companies in the western hemisphere with the capability to build mass transit class monorails. The Mark VI fleet reportedly cost $3.5 million per train, which would be around $7.5 million in today’s dollars.

The line of automated monorails that Bombardier is currently marketing is called the INNOVIA 300 series. We believe the new fleet built for Disney would utilize this same chassis design, but could certainly be fitted with custom features to make them distinctly “Disney.”

We have also been told that the abrupt cancellation of the broadway-style Main Street Theater was necessary to free up some of the funds needed for the new monorail fleet. This makes a lot of sense, since the theater was confirmed by Bob Chapek last July at the D23 Expo, and work actually started on the project in October, only to be rumored to be cancelled in February (barely a month after the door incident), and finally removed from the Walt Disney World What’s New webpage earlier this month.

I will trade a theater for a new monorail fleet any day. 

Dangit @Bruce Dickinson now I have to look up when Pixar Pier is done.  I'm ready to get back out there and spend some more time there.  

Great write up.  
Incredibles 2 hits theaters June 15.  The goal is to open Pixar Pier the weekend before the movie release as a monster cross-promotion.  Based on the progress and scaffolding I saw, I will be surprised if they hit that date.  But Pixar has gotten special treatment at DLR ever since they promoted Lasseter to Parks.

New Monorail TRACK is what we really need.  Even if some parts are closer to the ground.  A new loop to the eastern end of the property would be really cool imo.
while I dont disagree....it will never happen. The track is too expensive to lay and as we have seen the fleet as it is is very expensive to maintain. 

The gondola system is the new resort-wide monorail. So much easier to expand individual cars/pods/buckets can be taken offline when needing repair and not disrupt the whole system. 

Please, Sweet baby Jesus, let this be true.

I will trade a theater for a new monorail fleet any day. 
We spent last week at Disney World. Just a great week all around. On Friday afternoon, we were heading to Epcot and got on at the Polynesian, where we were staying. Got to Ticket and Transportation Center, but the monorail to Epcot was having problems, so they told everyone to take the buses. We caught an Uber. The monorail was definitely preferable to the Uber. On the way back, the Epcot monorail was working again, but the line to the hotels was down. We were thankful that we could walk to Polynesian from Ticket and Transport. 

Really liked the Polynesian overall. The location was great, and we really felt immersed in Disney. My biggest gripe was that we bought the "Theme Park" view, which didn't really add much, and it was right on the lagoon, close to the ferries. I'm a light sleeper, and those ferries honking all night drove me crazy. But being able to go back and take a break for a couple hours each afternoon was totally worth it. 

We did four days at the Disney parks, which I think was just about the right amount with our kids (13-year-old girl and 8-year-old boy). Did Animal Kingdom until early afternoon on Monday, then took a ride to Disney Springs to look around and had dinner at Grand Floridian. Tuesday we did half the day at Hollywood Studios (not much to see until Toy Story Land opens), then that evening we went to Epcot. It's funny, my wife and I hadn't been to Epcot in 30-some years. Both of us knew that we enjoyed it at that time, but had no memories of exactly what was enjoyable. I was even thinking that maybe my kids wouldn't like it as much, because it's not a typical amusement park. But we probably spent most of our time at Epcot, and we didn't even see everything. Just going through the World Showcase and sampling food and going into the shops, we had a really nice time. Wednesday we went back to Epcot, then went to Magic Kingdom in the evening. Friday we went back to Magic Kingdom and finished off at Epcot. (We had a really funny experience when we first hit Epcot on Tuesday. My daughter is really into passing along memes between her and her friends. She would play all these memes with "All-Star" from Smash Mouth. When we got to the America section of World Showcase, there was a sign showing the band that would play there on Friday and Saturday. It was Smash Mouth. We were dying laughing. So we saw Smash Mouth on Friday.)

Thursday we went to Universal Orlando. I know this is the Disney thread, but I just have to say that Diagon Alley is one of the best theme-park experiences we've ever had. We spent 2 1/2 hours just in that little area. It's really amazing to me how immersive it is, how the rest of the park is walled off from that little area to make you really feel like you're in some magical back alley of London. We loved it. We went to both Universal parks and didn't get to see everything, but we got our fill of Harry Potter, which is what we came for. A huge drawback for us, though, were the locker system for rides. For example, before getting on the Escape from Gringotts ride at Diagon Alley, we had to put all our stuff in the free lockers. Well, my daughter had bought a wand that came in a larger box than the others. It wouldn't fit on the locker, and we didn't want to forcefully jam it in. So I sat out while my wife took the kids. They liked it so much that I ended up going while my wife sat with our stuff (line was only about 20 minutes). But later, when we were forced to do the lockers for other rides, either one or both of the adults skipped it. Those locker areas are too cramped and it's too much of a hassle. Yeah, we could've just not brought our backpacks and everything else, but it was still a pain.

It may be another 30-plus years before we make it back to Disney World, but we got our money's worth this time around. Just a great trip.

A little more notebook clean out...

It really is crazy how a DLR park can escalate into a WDW crowd when something new premieres.  The new Pixar "Together Forever" fireworks and projection show premiered on Friday.  We were over in the Fantasmic section on Friday so we didn't see Main Street then.  But Saturday night? Holy ####.  So many people were parking on Main Street for fireworks viewing over an hour before the show, the cast had to deploy ropes protocol to allow some walking paths for guests to get across Main Street.  Some of these folks were Pixar superfans flying in, but the bulk seemed to be DLR APs who came by just to see the fireworks.  There wasn't quite the Scooter Space-Saving Fleet you see at MK parades, but the Grandmas With Blankets Platoon was out there claiming benches hours before parades were starting.  

Favorite fan-made shirt: "AFTER THIS WE'RE GETTING CHURROS".  I gave that shirt two thumbs up.  The wearer spotted my button and replied, "Thanks!  Happy Birthday!"  These are the types of exchanges that happen in DL but not MK.  

With all the hype around Pixar Fest, the Incredibles sequel, and the new Avengers movie... the Solo movie was almost flying under the radar at DLR.  The merch seems to hint at Han/Chewie, Han/Lando, and Han/Lando/Chewie will be key relationships in the movie.  But that's just a guess.  The Donald Glover as Lando merch definitely hints Lando will be more smart-### than suave like Billy Dee in the originals. 

New to Cars Land were the cars from the credit sequence of the first Cars movie: "Toy Car Story", "Monster Trucks Inc", "Fueling Nemo", "The Incredicars" posters were all up on Route 66.  There was a photo up with Woody & Buzz Cars at one end of Route 66 that had a long line. 

A huge drawback for us, though, were the locker system for rides. For example, before getting on the Escape from Gringotts ride at Diagon Alley, we had to put all our stuff in the free lockers. Well, my daughter had bought a wand that came in a larger box than the others. It wouldn't fit on the locker, and we didn't want to forcefully jam it in. So I sat out while my wife took the kids. They liked it so much that I ended up going while my wife sat with our stuff (line was only about 20 minutes). But later, when we were forced to do the lockers for other rides, either one or both of the adults skipped it. Those locker areas are too cramped and it's too much of a hassle. Yeah, we could've just not brought our backpacks and everything else, but it was still a pain.

That sucks. I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the rides together. Is the locker thing in effect for most of the rides? how big were they actually? 

this is really important information for people to be aware of b/c people generally bring stuff into the parks or buy stuff while there. We are doing our 1st trip there this summer and usually have a backpack full of stuff. We also have a stroller so I guess you can leave stuff in there (at your own risk) if needed. 

We are staying at the Hard Rock which is literally right outside both gates, so hopefully i can convince the family to keep the #### in the room for just those days.

That sucks. I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the rides together. Is the locker thing in effect for most of the rides? how big were they actually? 

this is really important information for people to be aware of b/c people generally bring stuff into the parks or buy stuff while there. We are doing our 1st trip there this summer and usually have a backpack full of stuff. We also have a stroller so I guess you can leave stuff in there (at your own risk) if needed. 

We are staying at the Hard Rock which is literally right outside both gates, so hopefully i can convince the family to keep the #### in the room for just those days.
I actually searched this thread to see if anyone else had talked about the locker situation, but didn't notice anything. If a ride doesn't allow you to take any bags on (I know for sure this applied to the Gringotts ride, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and the Hulk coaster), then there will be lockers adjacent to that ride. You scan your fingerprint in a central scanner, and it tells you which locker to put your stuff in. I think you get the first 30-45 minutes for free, and after that it's like $3 an hour. (Fortunately, we were always done in about 30 minutes, so I'm not sure what happens if you are forced to pay to get your stuff out.) I have a pretty large Swiss Gear travel backpack, and while it did fit in the locker, I really had to jam it in there, and there was no room for anything else. So we ended up having to get three lockers, and then we realized the wand box wouldn't fit, and the room that the lockers are in is really cramped, so that's when we got frustrated and took everything out and I ended up watching all our stuff on a bench. (This was all at the lockers near the Gringotts ride. I'm not sure about the lockers at the other rides, but they looked similar.)

I would say that it's still a problem even if you don't bring anything into the park because if you buy anything or win a stuffed animal at the carnival games (we won a Santa's Little Helper and a three-eyed fish in the Simpsons area, which is awesome) you still have to get a locker. It's a drag. Maybe you could get around it by using the child swap?

The Gringotts ride is worth it, though. My kids loved the Forbidden Journey one, too. 

Since you're staying close to Universal CityWalk, I'll add that the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium was a pretty good place for dinner (they're apparently known for desserts but the food menu was pretty varied). It might be a chain, but we'd never heard of it before. It's right in the middle between the entrances to both parks. We got there at 6:45 on a Thursday night and got a table in 10 minutes. Pretty good food for what we were expecting.

Same stroller rules apply, but the designated areas aren't as strict as WDW.  We always just left our junk in the stroller.  

I would think "most" stuff should fit in the locker just fine.  We didn't use them but I did notice them on some rides, not all though.  

Not sure what has happened to my 7 yo, but he's been bit by the Harry Potter bug big time.  I almost hate that we have WDW AP's and a trip booked this December.  Might have to pull double duty and make a trek to Universal 1 or 2 of the days.  I'll be anxious to see how your trip goes.  

Toy Story Land attractions have been added to the FP+ reservations menu for DHS.

A bunch of Extra Magic Hours for DHS are being added for WDW resort guests, too.  

Rip Ride Rockit rollercoaster at USO is also a must-use-lockers ride.  Last time we were there, Rockit had metal detectors to prevent guest from riding it with keys or phones in their pockets.  

Same stroller rules apply, but the designated areas aren't as strict as WDW.  We always just left our junk in the stroller.  

I would think "most" stuff should fit in the locker just fine.  We didn't use them but I did notice them on some rides, not all though.  

Not sure what has happened to my 7 yo, but he's been bit by the Harry Potter bug big time.  I almost hate that we have WDW AP's and a trip booked this December.  Might have to pull double duty and make a trek to Universal 1 or 2 of the days.  I'll be anxious to see how your trip goes.  
I'll keep you posted. We are doing 3 days at Hard Rock b/f transferring to Beach club at WDW for the rest of the trip. Staying there mainly b/c of the express pass (whatever you cal lit) you get included for being a resort guest. With limited time, i wanted to maximize the trip. Plus why pay disney rates, plus cab/uber/transfers to universal for the few days. I'll have to miss the magical express to the resort, so ill need to book getting to Universal and to WDW out of pocket. But it is only 2 rides vs multiple and i can go back to the resort if i want to relax, refresh, etc. 

love disney, but really excited for this new part of our trip.

news dropped today on a brand new interactive experience at WDW and DL called Disney Play. The mobile app will allow you to explore the parks and do activities that will interact with the game experience while in the parks, waiting in lines, etc. App should be released this summer.

Something new is coming this summer to the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts! On iOS and Android, guests will have the opportunity to play in the parks using the Play Disney Parks app! Using this future app, you can access exclusive experiences at both location through activities that will interact with your surrounding environment. This app will be free to download.

There’s fun to be had with wait times, as you’ll be able to play with family and friends in certain locations. The more you explore at Disney Parks, the more you’ll discover inside your app.

My Disney Experience launched at the Walt Disney World Resort in 2013, and since then, Disney has thought of more ways to reinvent the digital offerings at all Disney Parks around the world. Just recently, the My Disney Experience app launched the new digital key currently offered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in Walt Disney World. 

I like it.  My kids like these little interactive missions.  

Assuming its at all the parks?  It will be nice to set my kids loose at AK or Epcot while I have a drink.  

Anyone hear any rumors as to when free dining will drop. We're looking at end of September,  and we should be eligible. 
I'm just seeing April 23rd. Still a rumor, but something to circle on the calendar. 

That said, Free dining is always a wild card and the eligible rooms are getting thinner and thinner. Normally they offer a room discount as an alternative to the free dining offer. While i have no hard numbers to back it up, and I don't travel at those times, a lot of the people I follow claim that the room discount actually works out better financially than the free dining offer. So just run the numbers if you are looking into it.

glvsav37 said:
I'm just seeing April 23rd. Still a rumor, but something to circle on the calendar. 

That said, Free dining is always a wild card and the eligible rooms are getting thinner and thinner. Normally they offer a room discount as an alternative to the free dining offer. While i have no hard numbers to back it up, and I don't travel at those times, a lot of the people I follow claim that the room discount actually works out better financially than the free dining offer. So just run the numbers if you are looking into it.
Thanks for the heads up. 

We have 12 people going  (my family, brothers family, parents) so the dining plan has made the most sense in the past, but who knows what this year will bring?

Thanks for the heads up. 

We have 12 people going  (my family, brothers family, parents) so the dining plan has made the most sense in the past, but who knows what this year will bring?
Historically the fourth occupant of the room tips the discount in favor of free dining plan, and IMO there’s some psychological value in fixing that cost.  But as rooms get more expensive, 20%-30% off a room is more dollars off than it used to be.  

Those free DDP rooms get snapped up QUICK, so if you know your travel dates it’s worth it to do some math ahead of time and figure out what percentage off a room it will take to be worth more than free dining.

Historically the fourth occupant of the room tips the discount in favor of free dining plan, and IMO there’s some psychological value in fixing that cost.  But as rooms get more expensive, 20%-30% off a room is more dollars off than it used to be.  

Those free DDP rooms get snapped up QUICK, so if you know your travel dates it’s worth it to do some math ahead of time and figure out what percentage off a room it will take to be worth more than free dining.
It's 20 for moderates and 30 for delux, right?

For you folks who go the Value route... Pop Century is most of the way through a refurb.  There’s still some construction going on, and the sound carries along the water between Pop Century and Art Of Animation, but the refurbed rooms are getting positive reviews, especially the new queen-size beds.

A new "Bus Wait Time" icon will begin appearing in the MDE app. It will give you the current expected wait for buses picking up in whatever location you are in. So if you are at a specific resort, it will recognize that and show you the expected arrival times for all destinations from that location.

A new "Bus Wait Time" icon will begin appearing in the MDE app. It will give you the current expected wait for buses picking up in whatever location you are in. So if you are at a specific resort, it will recognize that and show you the expected arrival times for all destinations from that location.
Yeah, that will be nice.  In March I noticed they had the TV's with the wait times at the bus stops.  I was thinking that was fairly new.  

Nice little luxury...but don't they run every 15 minutes or so anyways?  

Yeah, that will be nice.  In March I noticed they had the TV's with the wait times at the bus stops.  I was thinking that was fairly new.  

Nice little luxury...but don't they run every 15 minutes or so anyways?  
yea the TV have been at select resorts for a while, I know i saw them at AKL and Boardwalk 2 summers ago. Generally they run on a 15-20 min schedule, but its not always on time, esp with all the construction and delays loading scooters and such. 

I can see this being very helpful, at least in my family, as we are trying to leave our GD room and my wife is debating how many snacks or some other random, useless thing to load up the backpack with. Ahhhhh, I can hear myself now......"Lets F'ing go already......the F'ing bus will be here in 2 GD minutes!!!!"  

yea the TV have been at select resorts for a while, I know i saw them at AKL and Boardwalk last summer. Generally they run on a 15-20 min schedule, but its not always on time, esp with all the construction and delays loading scooters and such. 

I can see this being very helpful, at least in my family, as we are trying to leave our GD room and my wife is debating how many snacks or some other random, useless thing to load up the backpack with. Ahhhhh, I can hear myself now......"Lets F'ing go already......the F'ing bus will be here in 2 GD minutes!!!!"  
haha, we live the same life at Disney. 

I'll stand with the stroller in the hall...

"Honey, should I bring the cashews or a cliff bar?"   

"Don't care, lets go." 

"SO you're okay with cashews?" 

"YES, lets go!"

"Ok, I'm ready...just gotta pee. Kids, why don't you all pee too"  

Halfway down the hall 10 minutes later...."####, I forgot my sunglasses."

Exciting photos as France's Ratatouille attraction begins to be constructed. Expected completion is still a long way off (Oct 2021), but its still exciting to see. 

And yes, I have no idea why a ride that is a pretty much a direct copy of an existing one (Paris) needs to take 4 years???

yea the TV have been at select resorts for a while, I know i saw them at AKL and Boardwalk 2 summers ago. Generally they run on a 15-20 min schedule, but its not always on time, esp with all the construction and delays loading scooters and such. 

This will be huge IMO.  I can't stand waiting.  If I know the busses are far away, boom...hit the uber.

The article says spring 2020
still, 2 years for a ride that will be a carbon copy of one elsewhere is way too long IMO. And consider it was announced at D23 last spring, that ads another year to the total. 

This is where Universal is eating Disney's lunch. They can tear down and put up new attractions in record time. Granted, a lot of their stuff is screen based rides, but ironically so is this Ratatoulli ride. 

the new bird show "Up, a great bird adventure " opened today as a replacement for Flights of Wonder. 

This is a preview show so all the kinks are not worked out yet. 

Wow. Now I really miss Guanu Joe. IDK about this one. The story is really forced and the inclusion of Russell and Doug makes it worse. Seems like it took time away from the actual birds performing, which is sad in a 'bird show' Seems like the old show had many more birds. Maybe they were having stage fright or still training, but nothing the birds did was overly impressive.  Hope this one gets better, I really enjoyed the old show, if not for anything but to get off your feet for 20 minutes. 

glvsav37 said:
Happy 20th birthday Animal Kingdom.
Man, time flies.  I'm glad this park is relevant now, in fact its probably our favorite.  

I remember making a few WDW trips in the early 2000's and we didn't think twice about not going.  It was always pitched as a glorified zoo, or at least thats how it was in my mind. 

I just read an article that says a new Disney park in Orlando opened every 11 years or so. This is the first time that it has been so long for there to be no new park (and 9 years more at that)

They have a ton of things they can do and I ton of land. I wonder if they will wait until the 50th and then announce something. 

"Eat to the Beat" Line-Up announced for this year's F&W

8/30-31 – Blue October – “Into the Ocean”

9/1-3 – Tiffany – “I Think We’re Alone Now”

9/4-5 – MercyMe  – “I Can Only Imagine” NEW

9/6-7 – Glass Tiger – “Don’t Forget Me (When I’m Gone) NEW

9/8-9 – Tauren Wells – “Hills and Valleys” NEW

9/10-11 – Postmodern Jukebox

9/12-13 – TBD

9/14-16 – Baha Men – “Who Let The Dogs Out”

9/17-19 – TBD

9/20-21 – Living Color – “Cult of Personality”

9/22-23 – Sheila E – “The Glamorous Life” NEW